Zat German's Halloween Foam ODST Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really impressive work you've done here. I look forward to seeing much more!:)

hmm mich würde interessieren woher du die foam platten hast :) hab sie selbst mal ne zeit gesucht.

hmm mich würde interessieren woher du die foam platten hast :) hab sie selbst mal ne zeit gesucht.

Well, I live in the United States so I just got them at Harbor Freight.

I will be posting something pretty special eventually. I have been working all day on my helmet and time lapse recording it at 1 second intervals. I am currently up to 10.5 hours of work which is about 5 minutes of video right now. I am not going to stop until I finish it. I need a decent helmet, my tester is not good enough. Though I am currently taking a break to read forums and get some food, I have not eaten at all today and Diet Coke is not sustaining me any longer.

26 hours of work over the yesterday and today:

odst35.jpg

odst36.jpg

This is Hugh's helmet but I have modified the 3D files to make it a lot more foam friendly.

A few holes to fill in where the geometry just did not work but some of them I am leaving open for ventilation for the laser tag game I will be playing in this. Visor also needs to be redone. Now I know I need to cut the tint side, not the opposite. The edges of the tint look terrible. Thankfully most of them are hidden in the helmet.

Sorry about the lack of updates. Went into "Get stuff done" mode so I would have something to wear last night. I think it turned out pretty good. Needs more parts and some paint and details but I will be working on that next. Everyone at Laser Tag liked it last night and people at work are getting a kick out of it.

odst_front.jpg

odst_profile.jpg

My painted AR is currently in pieces on the floor at home, so I had to use my unmodified green one for the pictures at work today. :D

I can't imagine 3mm foam would hold up for long by itself. How do you strengthen the foam? Did you seal and paint it?

Impressive, using 3mm foam and pepakura file templates. This has to be the first ODST helmet that I've seen made out of foam.

Impressive, using 3mm foam and pepakura file templates. This has to be the first ODST helmet that I've seen made out of foam.
Hey mate, this is a really old thread and thus your reply is a Necropost. I've seen you do this a few times now so please PLEASE look at the dates before replying :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back