Zerebin's Mk Iv Re-build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerebin

At the request of LastSpartan, i have started up a thread for my own personal updates to my MC Suit. Right now, i am working on my new belt/groin/butt plates cause my old ones, well...

1. Not enough detail...
2. Rushed job, sanding wasn't smooth at all.
3. Abit too small for others to wear.
4. Not strong enough, consider it broke the first time i wore it at a con, and duct tape saved the day.

DSC_1786.jpg

My new one is using the latest Pep *puts on TF2 heavy voice* "MANY THANKS" to Crackhead, and i have made a very nice unfold of it too, came out very well. I might post it if people want me to post the unfold i did. Anyway... pics are being taken and are being uploaded while i am working on it. Mine are going to be made in 4 peices, the front, 2 sides and the back, for ease of sizing and wear. Pics will explain the method.

BELT/COD/BUTT PLATES.

Model - Done (many thanks again crackhead)
Pep Unfold - Done
Print and trim - Done
Assemble and Prep - Done
Fibreglass and Cut - Done
Bondo/Fill/Sand - Underway
Final Details - Pending
Paint and Finish - Pending.

your welcome man! just glad that these files are being so well accepted and from wearing them myself they allow much better movement and comfort over my old suit then again the old one didnt have any padding. but what needed duct tape though?

in my old cod peice, which is the one i am wearing in the pic at the top.... some kid at the con decided it would be fun to try and pull parts of my armour off, the little $#!T, so he pulled the connection snaps off and it broke, i duct taped the inside back together so i could continue to wear the costume, since then though, the top of the right shin has broken off completely, and there is a nasty crack in the side of my helmet, around the dome, which is 7mm thick fibreglass.... somehow it has a crack....

Well, the promised pics are here...
IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0101-1.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

This is a days on and off work, abit more filling to be done on the butt and then he'll be ready for finer details. The front and sides still need a good fill and sand.

Zerebin out.

Looking good Zer! I'm looking forward to seeing this finished!
Are you going to keep using the dark green or are you going to repaint your suit along with these new pieces?

Okay guys, not too many pics to update, but with the cod-butt-belt plates done, the thighs were next, along with 1 shin, no idea why i haven't started the other one apart from my laziness but that is up to me thanks :p.

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

So far so good, the new thighs fit VERY well, i should be able to move alot more with the new ones, and the new cod/butt peice is gonna fit heaps better. Allowing me to sit and move around alot easier too :D

Wow! its looking great Z, I'm looking forward to seeing this finished.
redragon74- It's body filler of some kind, we don't get the bondo brand here in aus.

IMG_0136.jpg

New vs Old vs New. Also, i have since painted up the 2 small retangular sections in each thigh, with a light blue glow in the dark paint, so at night it will glow green and be all awesome, they glow really bright too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back