ZMX's ODST Armor [Pic Heavy] - A detailed thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so when do we get to see your sweet armored butt?? hahaha jk

Last edited by a moderator:
so when do we get to see your sweet armored butt?? hahaha jk

Funny thing is, I actually DO have a video of myself wearing the armor with a 360 view...featuring that sweet, sweet armored butt o' mine :p It should be up soon!

I gotta say, I love everything that you've built, it all just looks liike you've taken the time and done it right. Except for the shoulders and forearms, those things are killing me!

Let's not even talk about those two pieces ahah! Shoulders were made the lazy way, and I ragequit after trying the forearms several times and suffering crushing defeats ahah!

Got a picture in full gear from yesterday, featuring a pseudo-undersuit (long black clothing I had laying around, not final ahah!) :

scaled.php

Well, would you believe that? THE SHINS ARE DONE! I have updated the main post, but hey, you're already on the third page reading this, so here's a nice copypasta, for your eyes only :

Shins

1031553.jpg

1031555.jpg

AAWWWWWW LOOOK they really do love each other <3

1031556.jpg

File used : Hugh Holder’s shins
Method used : foam, with a hefty dose of modifications once again

Finally got around to making these. I used Hugh Holder's model, modified it for foam, and improvised a great deal along the way, effectively going down the same road as the forearms (going "skeletal" by removing some parts entirely).

Awesome!!! you need to post a wide angle with all the armor parts on ;) What file did you use for the torso???

Awesome!!! you need to post a wide angle with all the armor parts on ;) What file did you use for the torso???

Thanks! And yeah, I'll try to get a full shot soon!

As for the pieces, every single one is made from Hugh Holder's file! The Torso is hence Hugh's Chest Core file!

First off, your sheets are awesome. Second, nice job on the shins! Did you attach the knees directly to the shins or are they separate?

First off, your sheets are awesome.

Somehow, I knew it was only a matter of time before someone pointed out the sheets ahah ;-) Rest assured, this is only the guest room in the basement where most of my stuff is...my actual bedroom is even smaller :(

Second, nice job on the shins! Did you attach the knees directly to the shins or are they separate?

Thanks for the feedback. The shins are attached (read : glued) directly on the shins for simplicity's sake. I've had enough of strapping already ahah!

@RSpartain and Satsugai : thank you very much ! :D

As for the undersuit, this is perfect. It's not too expensive, and it's straight black and available in a lot of sizes.

Well! Looks like we've got ourselves an undersuit then! Thanks a lot GM!

EDIT : well, Oooops....shipping this beauty in the Great White North doubles the price. I'll try to hit the local surplus first!

DOUBLE EDIT : Found out that the same supplier sells on Ebay, and that the shipping cost is only 9$ there...so yeah, basically, I should have an undersuit in a week or so ! :D

this armor looks fantastic, I can't believe my eyes... once again I love the helmet, it really looks awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back