Zombie Panic! Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtymatt89

Jr Member
hello all,

i have some questions regarding running a game called Zombie Panic on my computer, hopefully someone can help... first off, i have installed it on both my desktop and my laptop, both of which are running Vista with more than sufficient processors and graphics cards. when i run the game on my desktop, it will work ok, its just lags considerably whenever more than 4 people are on the screen at one time. i also have highspeed internet so its not because of that, any ideas? and when i try to run it on my laptop it get an error that says "HL2.EXE Has Stopped Running" or something like that. i cant even join games, and if i do, it does that and kicks me out... any help would be much appreciated.

thanks again,
Matt

dirtymatt89 said:
hello all,

i have some questions regarding running a game called Zombie Panic on my computer, hopefully someone can help... first off, i have installed it on both my desktop and my laptop, both of which are running Vista with more than sufficient processors and graphics cards. when i run the game on my desktop, it will work ok, its just lags considerably whenever more than 4 people are on the screen at one time. i also have highspeed internet so its not because of that, any ideas? and when i try to run it on my laptop it get an error that says "HL2.EXE Has Stopped Running" or something like that. i cant even join games, and if i do, it does that and kicks me out... any help would be much appreciated.

thanks again,
Matt

umm i not sure you do have steam right?

and they just updated steam so you can download it from steam with out going to the zombie panic web site

Last edited by a moderator:
dirtymatt89 said:
yeah, i got it off steam. for some odd reason, i cant run any source engine game without this problem...

hmmmm do you have a Source game like counter-strike source??

dirtymatt89 said:
the only other one ive tried is halflife 2, and it just freezes during the intro...

lol thats your problem you need counter-strike source to play it

why would that matter? the game runs, its just laggy in sections on my desktop, but it locks up on my laptop, and neither have CSS downloaded...

dirtymatt89 said:
why would that matter? the game runs, its just laggy in sections on my desktop, but it locks up on my laptop, and neither have CSS downloaded...

oh huh well i dont have vista so i cant help try reinstalling the game and steam

Spartan 172 said:
lol thats your problem you need counter-strike source to play it
NO.

dirtymatt89 said:
Turn down graphics and try again. Seriously, you haven't given us much info to work with, so don't expect too much help.

Hey Matt, double check yourself against the system requirements...

Minimum: 1.7 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX® 8 level Graphics Card, Windows® Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Recommended: Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better), 1GB RAM, DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card, Windows® Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

If you have an onboard graphics card, it will cause just the problem you described. Games SCREAM at onboard video cards.. Also in some cases the sound card has caused similar problems for me.. try setting all the graphics to low and turning off the sound, just for the sake of trying.. also.. shoot over your computer specs so we can better help solve the problem.

Cheers,
Kensai

thanks, kensai, as it turns out i do have one of those cursed onboard graphics cards on this laptop, but ill check on the desktop when i get home just to make sure...

thanks again,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back