ZOMG U GOT HACKED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterGun

i opened my email and a letter said ZOMG U GOT HACKED!!! and idk if i should open it, could it release a virus?

If it came from someone you know, open it, it's probably a joke, if it came from an unknown address, DELETE IT.

ya it came from a person called ZOMG U GOT HACKED and the topic is ZOMG U GOT HACKED so im going to delete it

When in doubt, don't open it.

When not in doubt, still don't open it. Raise shields, move to a safe distance, and nuke it until it glows.

Then shoot it in the dark.

you cant get a virus from opening a email -- as far as i know. Only if you open an/the attachment.

If the virus is attached to an image which is in the message body of an email, then you just opened it without knowing, it's like a image on a website, it just loads.

AoBfrost said:
If the virus is attached to an image which is in the message body of an email, then you just opened it without knowing, it's like a image on a website, it just loads.

yeah

Last edited by a moderator:
AOL and some other email programs can allow you to attach a image in the message body, most email clients only allow attachment images, but still, say a hacker sends a image infected with a virus in the message body, a person with say....gmail opens it, see's it, and boom, virus detected.

even if it's from someone you know still i wouldn't open it without checking with them first, virus' are clever and if one of your friends email was compramised, the virus then sends it via their account to everyone in their address book! so best thing to do if unsure is not to open it at all!

Primal Weyland said:
When in doubt, don't open it.

When not in doubt, still don't open it. Raise shields, move to a safe distance, and nuke it until it glows.

Then shoot it in the dark.
lol

Xavier said:
you cant get a virus from opening a email -- as far as i know. Only if you open an/the attachment.
nah i think you could. probably...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back