A1TD : Gears Of War 3. Re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, after hours of trying, I can't either dl the game nor extract the models, so if gaarmasa can upload the character models to 4shared or something then I can get the armor pieces and such.

what model?
i post before almost all models about good guys, just miss npcs and textures.
obs:i need everyone be atettion, the armor have 'cut' in side, i will explain after, now
carmine redshirt with texture =p
http://www.4shared.com/file/iq0O2-tI/carmine_redshit.html?

Or you could also just post them up here and I could fix them for you.

Gaaramasa's a busy guy, LOL

So, I managed to continue working last night, and I decided to chronicle my adventures with these models:

Wednsday, August 30-

Good Morning, 405th! Good news I have for you:

Been working on the Retro Lancer, and I've finished the Bayonet, Iron-Sights, Body, Muzzle-Shroud, Grip, and Details. Still need to work on the Reciever and Magazine, but that shouldn't take but a couple of days.

Here's what I've got so far:

As you can probably tell, I've managed to make a few edits into the model, as with the Bayonet and the Muzzle-Shroud. Remember that file with the similarities I was talking about? Here is what it was:

IMAGES
(Original Modeler Unknown)

Unfortunately, I've misplaced that image somewhere...

I separated the Muzzle-Shroud from that model, and transplanted it onto this one. And it fit
PERFECTLY!!! Going to see what I can do about the larger Magazine from the other model and do a separate build for it.

So, there's progress for you, Community!

Will be posting more soon, and will be finishing this within the week. I'm open to take any
volunteers for the unfold, as the help would be greatly appreciated. Also thinking about making an
HD version, but I'd like some opinions first.

Thank's guys!

Edit:

Alright. Fixing is in he Beta stage for now, but I've cleaned up the model for export into PD3.
Separated the Trigger from the Base, and the Magazine Mechanism from the base as well. The Iron-Sights were tweaked so that you could just slip them onto the railings.

Retro26.png

Retro27.png

Retro28.png

Retro29.png

Retro210.png

Retro23.png

Retro21.png

Retro24.png

FPS Anyone?

Going to export now.

Progress:

Lots of open edges where they shouldn't be, but what's new, right? Unfolded into PDO format, but
it's a mess. I did separate it all into catagories:
Retro Lancer:
-Barrel
-Bayonet
-Bayonet Holder
-Bayonet Pin
-Bayonet Support
-Body
-Iron Sights
-Mag Shield
-Mag Shield Mechanism
-Magazine
-Magazine Support
-Muzzle Shroud
-Reload Mechanism
-Trigger

Alot of peices went into this, no doubt. But If anyone wants to try and Unfold it, I will post the link here:

Gears of War 3 Retro Lancer

[LINK REMOVED]

It isn't in 1:1 scale, not yet at least, but that shouldn't take long to figure out.
Still thinking about making an HD edit. Keep you posted, 405th.

Moar Progress!!!:

Been working on the Body for the Retro Lancer, and I've been able to finaly clean it all up!
"(INSERT YAYS HERE)"

Going back to find out what's next. Sit tight!

The Bayonet has been fixed, and so has the Body! Still gotta work on the Iron Sights, the Magazine Mechanism... and that's pretty much it!
Almost done, 405th!

Even Moaaar Progress!!!:

Mag Shield and Mechanisms have been fixed. Racing to the Finish!!!
OK, 405th! Here's what I've been working on for the last three days!

Gears of War 3 Retro Lancer [FIXED]
Retro3.png

http://www.4shared.com/file/csZntGS5/Retro3.html

Will try and scale it correctly, and Unfold it to the best of my abilities.

The rifle is supposed to be 3.5 feet like the one from NECA.

Hey, Pony. Yur Inbox is full, yo.
But if you want to tackle that challenge, by all means go ahead, man!

Yeah, its going to be a beast to build... Good luck to ya

No kidding, Lol. So, how much does 3.5 feet convert to in millimeters?

Also, I took a look at Redshirt 2.0's helmet (Seeing as Redshirt 1.0 died at the hands of a Berserker in the mood for hugs and cuddling, lol) and I have to make a note:

It looks like a cross between the Onyx Gaurd and Clay's!
"INSERT GASPS HERE"

I like it more than the Onyx Gaurd, but that's just my exquisite taste talking. I'm going to stick with Ben's on this one. Now, if only I can get my darned printer to work again...

EDIT:

Now that the Retro Lancer is done, here's what I'm off to do next!:

Gears of War 3 Lancer Assault Rifle
Lancer.png

Gears of War 3 Gorgon Burst SMG
Gorgon.png

Gears of War 3 Hammer Of Dawn Targeting Device
Hammer.png

Gears of War 3 Mulcher Turret
Mulcher.png

Gears of War 3 One-Shot Elephant Gun
One-Shot.png

And the coup-de-gras:
Gears of War 3 Vulcan Minigun
Vulcan.png

Okay I downloaded the retro lancer wowza that is out of my unfolding skills and by the way its already scaled to lifesize

Okay I downloaded the retro lancer wowza that is out of my unfolding skills and by the way its already scaled to lifesize

It may be either too large, or too small from what I can tell.

Hey, Pony, could you give me the lengths for all of the GOW3 weapons?
I'm also going to figure out the conversion system for feet to mm.
Wish me luck guys!

Hey, Pony. Yur Inbox is full, yo.
But if you want to tackle that challenge, by all means go ahead, man!
*Rubs hands together* This is going to be fun! XD!

So, how much does 3.5 feet convert to in millimeters?
It's 1041 mm in length, dude.

Hey, Pony, could you give me the lengths for all of the GOW3 weapons
I'll have to look them up, bro. If I find them, then I'll give you the lenghths in mm.

The Chainsaw Lancer is 1016mm in length.

I tried looking up the sizes of the other weapons on the wiki, but I could find any. I guess some guess work will be in order :/.

As for finding out the sizes, here is one site that a friend gave me.
http://www.convertunits.com/from/inches/to/mm

Can someone please separate the boots,chest, belt,ect for Marcus? OR even any of the COG armor gaaramasa uploaded? I've tried 4 times to unfold the boots for the Marcus no armor file and it crashes my computer. Seriously,I'm begging anyone to do it. If you guys cant do all of them then at least the Marcus boots.I'm dying over here. :(

Can someone please separate the boots,chest, belt,ect for Marcus? OR even any of the COG armor gaaramasa uploaded? I've tried 4 times to unfold the boots for the Marcus no armor file and it crashes my computer. Seriously,I'm begging anyone to do it. If you guys cant do all of them then at least the Marcus boots.I'm dying over here. :(

Actually, just took a look at the parts. The parts are out of my unfolding ability...

hey people, now i come here to troll everyone :D
kidding
bigjohn9397 do u understand about what fail about u cut do u do?
type, the face part, and neck part. this is a fail part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back