Any Aussies here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey wazza sounds like a good plan. i'm pretty keen to see a completed tac pad myself, but everyones got different versions going so far so its good. I myself am currently making a Hi Def Mk Vi suit and i am planning to make my in game noble 6 suit at the same time. Am keen to hear about your suit progress

@Combust
Whoo yay Canberra! Glad to know there is at least 1 405ther down near me if I ever need to know where something is.

Totally man. Should swing by the hackerspace sometime and check everything out. We have a few CNC machines in various states of 'working' :D How is yours coming along?

@Combust
It's doing alright. I haven't worked on it much because I need to buy a new router of the spindle so that I can get some measurements to finish off the Z axis. I also need to make some more money to buy all of the controllers and motors and stuff off the internet. Shouldn't be too long and it'll be working like a charm :D

i use diggers fiberglass resin, pick up bout 500mls for 17 bucks from bunnings, n 1litre for 25-30. fibreglass mat and cloth from bunnings as well. if you want to save money on your brushes buy diggers acetone from big w for 10 bucks. for bondo go to autobarn, you can buy a kilo for 25 bucks. i have seen four kilos for 50 bucks but it depends what you use though.

i have even tried using builders bog, the stuff meant for fixing your walls when you want to fix your walls. its good, but when it dries its real brittle. dropped from the same height bondo works alot better at keeping your helmet together. just my two cents worth

i use diggers fiberglass resin, pick up bout 500mls for 17 bucks from bunnings, n 1litre for 25-30. fibreglass mat and cloth from bunnings as well. if you want to save money on your brushes buy diggers acetone from big w for 10 bucks. for bondo go to autobarn, you can buy a kilo for 25 bucks. i have seen four kilos for 50 bucks but it depends what you use though.

i have even tried using builders bog, the stuff meant for fixing your walls when you want to fix your walls. its good, but when it dries its real brittle. dropped from the same height bondo works alot better at keeping your helmet together. just my two cents worth

Sweet i was gonna try builders bog, but i wasn't sure, glad i didnt.

just to let all the aussies know about the new group the 105TH ODST DIVISION based out of brisbane atm we done have a website because of lack of funds but we do have a facebook page if anyone is interested in joining we are accepting members from all over australia and we are currently looking at getting xbox australia to sponsor us we will be doing events such as supanova and all the funds gained from these events will be going to charity such as the cancer council and heart foundation. we also have a youtube channel and will soon have a video of our first team building day as the 105th.

facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/105th-ODST-Division/167553489971044

aint that the truth tassie boy thats wat im trying to do with the 105th and so far we seem to be making some head way im also looking at approching microsoft and xbox australia for sponsorship hopefully they can help a little more than me doing this by myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back