Chiefwannabe's free-hand odst build

Status
Not open for further replies.
holy ****, at the start of this thread I thought it'd be another generic DFT template build, but you proved me wrong!
This looks awesome! I love the forearms :D

Cheers mate!!

Well I now have my weapon sorted!
I found a really cheap toy gun that has similar ascetics to the beloved SMG. I will rebuild the stock out of wood and strengthen the inside and even out the weight with more wood
IMG_4824.jpg

Hey guys! so Ive been gone for about a week and I have built a little more since last time.
ITS TIME FOR A PHOTO DUMP!!!!
IMG_4934.JPGIMG_4935.JPGIMG_4936.JPGIMG_4937.JPGIMG_4939.JPGIMG_4940.JPGIMG_4941.JPGIMG_4938.JPG

Thanks guys for looking and i promise to have more t update about soon.
In other news, I turned 13 on Thursday!!

Happy birthday for then, and it's looking awesome brother! Keep at it :D

Thanks for the encouragement and happy birthday Mesh
!! also ur DMR and ODST builds are great!

I decided to abandon my idea of moding the toy gun into an SMG so I opted for an easier weapon that would still look as good in the hands of an ODST so i decided to build a SOCOM M6 silenced magnum instead.
Sorry not a lot of WIP photos but i will make sure i take more in the future
ITS TIME FOR ( a small) PHOTO DUMP!!!
IMG_4943.jpgIMG_4944.jpgIMG_4945.jpgIMG_4946.jpgIMG_4947.jpgIMG_4948.jpgIMG_4949.jpgIMG_4950.jpg

The flashlight attachment is not the final one i will be using as it is inaccurate to the in-game model,
anyways thanks guys and ill be back soon!:D

omg that looks awesome :O
Cheers again Mesh! The magnum is not complete yet I still have a lot more work to do on it

Me and my dad took some photos of the suit on me and we decided on some things that I should add or change in order to make it better
ANOTHER PHOTO DUMP!!!
IMG_4951.jpg IMG_4954.jpgIMG_4953.jpgIMG_4955.jpgIMG_4957.jpg
we came up with this really cool idea of keeping me cool at a con without breaking the bank. I am going to put a camel back inside the back pack and in order to do that I am going to have to really beff up the back back or ruck sack whatever its called so I expect to have that done sometime this week( depends on the amount of homework I receive, lets hope the teachers are nice:()

Anyway thanks for looking guys!!

IMG_4951.jpg

IMG_4954.jpg

IMG_4953.jpg

IMG_4955.jpg

IMG_4957.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a camelpack for the first time I used my Mk1, it has under my shirt so it kept my back cool and you couldn't see it from outside the armour, worked a charm and VERY useful :b But great work once again :D

Well I ran out of EVA foam today so I made today a painting day this time using plasti-dip instead of PVA glue and the results are amazing !!
and yes...ITS TIME FOR A PHOTO DUMP!!!!!
IMG_4971.jpgIMG_4973.jpgIMG_4974.jpgIMG_4975.jpgIMG_4976.jpgIMG_4977.jpgIMG_4978.jpg
The magnum isn't done yet as the silver is just a tad too dark and Im going to try to put a tiny torch in the little attachment at the bottom of the gun
Thats all for now !!

I got a huge chunk done today and I took some pictures with my photographer ( dads are great aren't they?)
ITS TIME FOR A .....oh forget it.
IMG_5003.jpg
IMG_5007.JPG

Thats all for now now (the end is near! I can almost taste it! oh wait no, thats dinner)

I hate myself that I mostly lurk and stalk around and forget to comment... I really love your build so far, especially that it's free-hand! :D

I got a huge chunk done today and I took some pictures with my photographer ( dads are great aren't they?)

Not according to my son&daughter they aren't. :D
Joke aside, I agree with everyone thinking that thing looks great and I've a hard time getting my head around the fact it's freehand.

Not according to my son&daughter they aren't. :D
Joke aside, I agree with everyone thinking that thing looks great and I've a hard time getting my head around the fact it's freehand.
Stop ,your making me blush (Im kidding:)) But seriously thank your for your kind words!

I wasn't going to post this until I finished it but I got impatient and Im posting it now:lol
I give you the MA5C assault rifle from halo 3
IMG_5011.JPG
sorry its upside down
IMG_5012.JPG
IMG_5010.JPG
IMG_5013.JPG

Anyway thanks for checking out the thread and I should have the shins done tomorrow!

Ok MASSIVE UPDATE today!!!
I finished all the armor segments including the helmet!
PHOTO DUMP #1
IMG_5017.jpgIMG_5018.jpgIMG_5019.jpgIMG_5020.jpgIMG_5022.jpgIMG_5023.jpgIMG_5024.jpgIMG_5025.jpgIMG_5028.jpgIMG_5030.jpg

Now to other big part of the update, is as I said up the top, I finished the rest of the armor!
PHOTO DUMP #2
IMG_5032.jpgIMG_5033.jpgIMG_5034.jpgIMG_5035.jpgIMG_5036.jpgIMG_5037.jpgIMG_5040.jpgIMG_5042.jpgIMG_5043.jpg
Ok so now that thats all out of the way, I can get on to painting this thing! I'm going to go to auto-barn today and pick up some more plasti-dip
Thanks again guys !

Attachments

• IMG_5021.jpg
    IMG_5021.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 494
Great job!

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back