Cog Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
after reading that letter it seems that epic only cares if you have a trademark of theirs on your product like the red omen or if you dont give any indication that you arent part of epic. But im sure if you were to sell something like gears armor and you state that it is a fan made replica and that you arent affiliated with Epic then you should be okay.

bmaster1092 said:
after reading that letter it seems that epic only cares if you have a trademark of theirs on your product like the red omen or if you dont give any indication that you arent part of epic. But im sure if you were to sell something like gears armor and you state that it is a fan made replica and that you arent affiliated with Epic then you should be okay.
that what i was thinking

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like nas has competition on gears suits

you do an amazing job PSberetta. i hope that picture that i sent you help with the fine detailing for the chest

I still got to finish my pep chest. im like 30 pages into it all i have left is the upper right shoulder and a few missing peaces.

Update time: I still working on the upper arms but it close. Then about the lancer im still looking for some one to open it up. i have the model in mtl witch i need it switched to 3ds so i can clean it up for peping

Just to give an up date

Lancer and Gnasher pdos should be coming out within a couple of weeks. bmaster1092 found a way to get them converted. Then a little news on the armor. im getting the arms done and the upper legs while be awhile

EDIT: I for got to add this but carmine is coming

Spartan 051 said:
Just to give an up date

Lancer and Gnasher pdos should be coming out within a couple of weeks. bmaster1092 found a way to get them converted. Then a little news on the armor. im getting the arms done and the upper legs while be awhile

The thing that bugs me about these companies.. They're like a giant donkeykong, standing atop of a mountain of gold bananas, who comes down to punch someone for making a chalk drawing on the sidewalk, that looks like a banana..

They will gripe about the most INSIGNIFICANT things.
Only in America I guess :D

CPU64 said:
The thing that bugs me about these companies.. They're like a giant donkeykong, standing atop of a mountain of gold bananas, who comes down to punch someone for making a chalk drawing on the sidewalk, that looks like a banana..

They will gripe about the most INSIGNIFICANT things.
Only in America I guess :D

No kidding. But they seam really cool with it if you dont use any logos.

PSberetta said:
The chest and back armor are now wearable. I will try and post a pic tonight.
Getting ready to start in on the greaves.

Cant wait to see the pictures

Then an update on the rest of the armor:

I will have the rest of the armor released within a couple of weeks after i get he pistol and the longshot done.

i wouldnt say its too big, when you have the rest on like the lower body and the arms/shoulders it will look farely the right size

nice work, looking forward to this

Looks great, keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more pics/ progress. Your right about NAS, I email a question and they responded right away, its hard finding customer servise like that nowadays.

So im buying 'glass today with my paycheque! Yay! The reason im posting here is...
in regardance to the curvature of the Gears suit and fiberglass cloth and mats. Which one would be more suitable for this situation? Using the mats would help with some of the curves while the cloth would be sturdy enough for sanding, as such. Advice anyone?

MC PwN 3R said:
So im buying 'glass today with my paycheque! Yay! The reason im posting here is...
in regardance to the curvature of the Gears suit and fiberglass cloth and mats. Which one would be more suitable for this situation? Using the mats would help with some of the curves while the cloth would be sturdy enough for sanding, as such. Advice anyone?
Got me. PSBeretta used foam and looked like it held perfect

p0rtalman said:
PSberetta, that looks brilliant! damn it, now i want to make COG armor!!!!

True that

PSberetta said:
Yeah, the foam was the black can of "Great Stuff". Do it in sections so it dosen't distort on you. Once it dries, it hardy weighs anything. Put the tip of the straw right on the card stalk at an angle and lay the foam down in 1/4" lines.
You can see the foam on the inside in this pic.

It looks nice. How many cans did you have to use?
and also, what technique of bondo/resin did you use on the outside.

thanks.

PSberetta said:
It took about one and a half cans if I remember right.
As for the outside.....I sculpted a low detailed layer of clay on top of the cardstalk and made a silicone mold of it.
Then cast it.
cool, I'll prlly try that for mine.
thanks for the info.

**BUMP**

Also to stir the pot as it where. Any plans for some 'Augustus Cole' (last pic on the page) style armor? I noticed its a little different than the others and would be cool if someone could, no time soon mind you, work on this. I have no skill at the 3d or I would rock this myself. Well after Dragon Con anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back