Cog Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now thats just bad@ss! I may have to take this project up soon! any word on the COG helm yet? If you need help unfolding let me know. im not that great and havent unfolded much but i'd be glad to help.

I cant wait to make mine. im wearing it to gamestop the night GoW2 comes out. these files are EPIC (no pun intended).

fightstar said:
**BUMP**

Also to stir the pot as it where. Any plans for some 'Augustus Cole' (last pic on the page) style armor? I noticed its a little different than the others and would be cool if someone could, no time soon mind you, work on this. I have no skill at the 3d or I would rock this myself. Well after Dragon Con anyway.
Theres one out there but i dont have access to it

dgj27284 said:
Now thats just bad@ss! I may have to take this project up soon! any word on the COG helm yet? If you need help unfolding let me know. im not that great and havent unfolded much but i'd be glad to help.
there is no in game model that has been released but during college i planning on modeling it in 3d

Gearsofhalo said:
I cant wait to make mine. im wearing it to gamestop the night GoW2 comes out. these files are EPIC (no pun intended).

Sorry about the wait but i had to leave for a week and could not finish your pages yet

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartan 051 said:
Theres one out there but i dont have access to it
there is no in game model that has been released but during college i planning on modeling it in 3d
Sorry about the wait but i had to leave for a week and could not finish your pages yet

no prob man just try and do them when you can. if you even have one part done please send it on over. no rush man. i remember your doing me a favor. thanks for every thing

sorry for not being active for quite a while, but in any case, i just fiberglassed the right shin, crotchplate and the belt. for those wondering how much resin it takes...
Buy yourself the Bondo Repair Kit. The resin provided is enough to finish the belt and the crotch. The hardener is enough to harden the three together. What does this mean? It means, the resin provided in the kit is needed for two peices. With that being said, the plate itself may need up to three bottles. the ratio would be around 2:1, resin to hardener. As for the fiberglass itself, it took an entire sheet in the kit, and another half a sheet bought seperately to cover the three parts mentioned. In my calculation, it may take up to 6-8 kits, to finish the suit itself excluding small pieces like the knife, wrists, and handplates. and it took no less than 25 minutes to harden enough to smack against a wall without being broken on a sunny day. good luck to those who attempt it, as for me...im behind on GTA 4, SC4 and my suit. Tootles!
PS: I will post pics as soon as i get my hands on my missing digicam.

Augustus Cole Pepakura is out there? Where and who is working on this?? Nuts going to have to dig for this one. Oh well, it will have to go on the back burner for now. Thanks for the help. :D

Not bad PSberetta!! LOL Honestly that is amazing, as you don't hear it enough but I like what you have done so far. The belt is a nice add as well...Wait, is this done in pep as well?? Sorry I have not been active in the MC armor lately because I am working on my Fett suit. Great job so far on the GOW armor guys!!

WET....yes, that shoulder is PEP.
051...I will get some pics up of the shoulder and the chest for you.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

PS, im starting my cog armor on monday. any words of isdom, or any way you can tell me how you got that bolt/screws on there like that. looks great

They seem like down to earth guys to me.

[/quote]

yeah they all are when i met them at megacon in march i was kinda expecting them to ack like they were to good for everyone there but when i asked what he thought of mine he was really cool and nice and commented on it and had a very short chit chat but it was an awesome expierence that made my day with only 4 hours of sleep lol never will i make a suit in one night again

dang im amazed that cam from the file i sent you

you do amazing work. Ill get the rest of the files to you in like a week college is starting up so ill get free time

Way to go man, thats an awesome job. I really dig the whole Gears world. Keep up the good work. I am about to start working on the new Locust burst pistol. Did you pre-order Gears 2 on Amazon.com to get the Lancer? I'm sure you could pick one of those up and add some more detail and a new paint job, to finish off the suit.

Wow! thats some excellent looking armor PSberetta. The finished thing is going to look awesum!

Un Freaking Believeable man...Amazing Armor

I mean I don't know what else to say....besides can I have it?!?!

lmao ;) J/King

i demand that his work goes into the Hall of Fame. without a doubt that rivals other great masterpieces that are displayed and governed here. Well done PSberetta, keep up the good work.
~~~
My entire suit is nearly finished. I had just finished "smoothing" out what it should look like if you dont mold it like PSberetta. I really dont want to smooth it anymore with bondo, cuz i suck at it. However, i did bondo the chest piece and it looks and feels smooth after the spot putty. gave it a prime and its done for the day.

The shoulders. Does anyone have an idea of how to make that thing wearable? What i mean is, how do you intend to prop that on your shoulder without it flopping around and being annoying? PSberetta, do you have an idea? I asked a couple of friends of mine and they were stumped too. gimme a shout.

Pics should be coming up soon.

Hey guys, im glad to see that the thread isn't dead. I've been waiting for updates from all the COG armor in progress. I'll post my progress as soon as i take a few pix. I was going to start a new thread, but if you guys don't mind, i think it would be a good idea to keep all the Gears progress together since it only appears to be a few of us right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back