Crackhead09's Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
well only thing left right now is the torso and cod which will be done in the next few days but i have a question when i removed the rubber mold off my helmet it melted the paint of the helmet and now its a gooey mess is there a way to clean it up? i was told rubbing alcohol and a rag will do it but i was also told to use acetone but i dont wanna do that becuase i think it will destroy the fiberglass so please help me!!

Paint thinner should clean that up and won't eat away at your resin. You will have to do some fixing on it though, regardless. I've run into this problem a few times. It's a real time consuming problem, sorry.

well i remolded the helmet and again it backfired this time it ripped apart even though i put twice the amount as last time grr!! maybe i shouldve pony'd up the extra 75 dollars and got rebound 25! oh well now i need to repair the helmet but in the mean time i started weathering today! and for my first time doing this method i think it went well! oh and progress ab plate done chest and cod done tomorrow! and now for some pictures!

08-26-08_2016.jpg

08-26-08_2017.jpg

08-26-08_2018.jpg

08-26-08_2019.jpg

08-26-08_2020.jpg

Sorry to hear about the helm :S

Try next time to mold with the visor in. Will be easier if you slushcast.

Do you have pics of the rubber? like where it teared up?

well i finished weathering everything else (the thighs shins boots the chest) ill put pics up tomorrow of them tomorrow. and maybe ill post a pic of the ill fated mold :mad: but oh well if anything it made making the helmet look more weathered. the helmet is actually in not as bad as shape as i thought it was and all it need was some resin and little sanding on those parts and it was fine thankfully.

and a note on weathering i highly suggest it, it makes the whole thing look that much better i mean i just cant stop look at it and remebering when it was just a normal paint job and thinking man i wish i went to that con like that!

actually that squirells final model and aduleses it will come maybe tomorrow when the strapping is done

Crackhead how tall are you? This armor is freakin amazing, it needs to be moved to the elite forum right now!

Do you know how to mold and make cast? I'd love cast of those shins and thighs, they are freakin godly!

wow really!? elite i dunno

but i do know how to mold and cast it just that i have extremly foul luck with it. when i get back from boot camp which is gonna be late october then i will be able to but i think that wetokles shins are definitly better though all i really did was make my own model and added glaze to be honest oh and im 5'8"

well heres pics btw everything has been painted!!!! all thats left is insert and seal visor add leds and the strapping and padding seems like a full day for tomorrow!

015-1.jpg

016-2.jpg

017-2.jpg

020-1.jpg

You, good man, are going to be very busy today! You have done a great job on this and I vote for eliteness also! Fantastic and I am very proud of the work you have done. Hope I can achieve 3/4 of that.

well for strappin i plan to fiberglass the biceps to the strapping i was wearing in the pictures for a sure fit the torso will be snap clipped on but will need help to get off the belt will have a clip and strap to connect the thighs will be like adams way. the shins and forearms will just sit there and the boots and toe will have a nylon strap that will be fiberglassed that way youll see what i mean later this evening.

i know tell me about murphys law!!! and thanks man see ya next megacon right?

and heres an upper body shop with all of the armor on

001-3.jpg

hells ya you will, my freind gave me an idea bout mounting the chest using magnets so i can take it off and still being able to be MK6 also

Dude! I've been away far too long! I managed to miss this until this a.m.

You're a master at this buddy! The armor looks SWEET!

Cant believe I havent posted in this thread much. Crackhead. MAd props to you you armour is amazing! And it coming together really fast! Cant wait to see this finsihed! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back