Props Finally Started This...

So far I've made the HALO3 pistol, Battle Rifle, and Sniper Rifle. What next?

• M90A Shotgun

Votes: 58 29.1%
  • M41 Rocket Launcher

Votes: 33 16.6%
  • W/AV M6 G/GNR Spartan Laser

Votes: 63 31.7%
  • MA5C Assault Rifle

Votes: 22 11.1%
  • M7 Caseless SubMachine Gun

Votes: 23 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread gets it's love from me. <3

LOVE IT, Thor. LOVE IT! :D

Thank you, sir. I was starting to wonder if anyone was still reading any of this.

Between pouring castings today I mucked one of these bad boys together and sprayed on a quick coat of black primer:
5245437486_2e21d6024e_b.jpg

Yes, I realize now that I'm looking at the picture that I put the scope on a bit crooked.

For those of you who care, the overall length of the assembled rifle is right around 35" (or 88.9cm) long. The assembled weight is seven pounds depending on how enthusiastic I was when I was blending in the microballoon filler.

I've still got to do proper paintjob on a few of these. I'll post soem sexier pics whent I get that done.

Comments? Criticisms? I'm on a roll with HALO 3 weapons, so what shoulld I build next?

I went ahead and posted a poll. I'll be doing whatever I feel like, but I'm curious what people would like to see next.

So far I've seen a few rocket launchers and at least one Splaser. Adam makes decent ARs (I've got two of them) and Lee Keegan makes pretty good SMGs (I've got two of those too). So right now I'm leaning towards the shotgun.

Thoughts?

I don't know if you're into covie weapons, but I think the Carbine or the Fuel Rod Gun would be awesome, and on top of that, you got a CNC to get the perfect symetrical organic shape too, quite hard to do by hand (I've tried.) If not, you got my vote for the splaser, that thing is boss.

I might make one or two covenant weapons to hang on the wall one of these days. If I do, I'd be making a needler or a carbine. I'm still leaning toward the shotgun.

I haven't made any progress at all today. So here's some BR pics from last night:
5250564200_885291c206_o.jpg

5249961277_f778968388_b.jpg

First off, that sniper looks amazing!
Secondly I voted for the Rocket Launcher, I haven't seen many of those.
Or you could do the shotgun.
Anyway can't wait to see what you do. ^_^

Can't wait! But you're payin' for the funeral if I die from the awesomeness!

Here's a picture of the first one of these that I've painted (it's still not done, so stand by for greater awesomeness later):
5276427070_d28f8d61e8_z.jpg
The yellow T-square pictured is marked in inches.

I'm quite fond of it:
5276427932_d2bbf5f9d9_o.jpg

One the subject of awesome, I've got my Sniper Rifle molds back in the shop:
5275820827_8f4f145dfd_b.jpg
I pulled my first casting just to see how it looked (and didn't really add much filler to save weight). It's big, it's heavy, and it's beautiful. Count on super sexy pics when it starts to come together.

Finally: somewhere in the mid-level of awesomeness, the poll results so far are clearly in agreement with my own notions and I've had Lopez cranking this thing out:
5275820889_8c5d85249c_o.jpg

This is the beginning of the M90A Close Assault Weapon System (aka Shotgun). Here's the two middle slices stuck together:
5275820979_bd3d88ec91_b.jpg

The outer right side was cut out this afternoon and the outer left side is being carved as I type this.

It'll be fun to build, but given the size of this beast, I doubt I'll be offering any for sale. Also, given its size, I can't even reach the pump handle when I'm holding this bad boy to my shoulder. I may have Lopez the Robot Whittler crank out a smaller one while I'm detailing the full-sized one.

Nice paint job on the BR! Loving the muted silver. Out of curiosity, how big DID the shotgun turn out?

EDIT: Pfffft... of course in my screwed resolution I didn't even see the ticks on the ruler. View it on a machine that isn't hosed, and I can see the 41 inches easy and not need to ask pointless questions. *Facepalm* *Smacks laptop*

Nice paint job on the BR! Loving the muted silver. Out of curiosity, how big DID the shotgun turn out?

EDIT: Pfffft... of course in my screwed resolution I didn't even see the ticks on the ruler. View it on a machine that isn't hosed, and I can see the 41 inches easy and not need to ask pointless questions. *Facepalm* *Smacks laptop*

I can make it easier for you. It's this big:
5286652064_f350b4d176_b.jpg

That big is TOO big. It's still missing the barrel tip, which will add another six or seven inches to the end, so I can't even hold it properly. I'll finish it and it will look great hanging on the wall. I still want one to wield as well, so I've got Lopez making me a smaller one. Here's the gihugic one and the first slice of the new one with a cheap airsoft 12-gauge shown for scale comparison:
5286651876_776d634f5a_o.jpg

Again, the smaller one is also missing the end of the barrel and will be another four or five inches longer when it's done.

Stay tuned for more armory goodness...

Haha, that shotty reminds me of the giant M16A2 rifles they had in the classes for the shooting range in the Corps.

Everything looks great! Can't wait to see that sniper rifle.

Nice to see someone making a shotgun, looking great (as usual) :)

You should finish the big one out and hang it over your fireplace. It would make an awesome conversation piece.

**In regards to my comment above, anyone who is also, or has made a shotgun, I just haven't seen it yet**

Good grief. I've used a shotgun before on a clay pigeon range and the recoil almost knocked me on my backside - darn me for being small, but gosh, a gun of that side would probably bury me o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back