Props Finally Started This...

So far I've made the HALO3 pistol, Battle Rifle, and Sniper Rifle. What next?

• M90A Shotgun

Votes: 58 29.1%
  • M41 Rocket Launcher

Votes: 33 16.6%
  • W/AV M6 G/GNR Spartan Laser

Votes: 63 31.7%
  • MA5C Assault Rifle

Votes: 22 11.1%
  • M7 Caseless SubMachine Gun

Votes: 23 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
just remember kids: short people can use guns too! (just scaled down ones ;) )

btw thor, are you going for authenticenty and accuracy or useability? because this gun is really cool! but, it looks a bit big on you :p maybe you should set a few sizes aside: small, medium, large and extra large. want fries with that order? anyway, great job thor + lopez

just remember kids: short people can use guns too! (just scaled down ones ;) )

btw thor, are you going for authenticenty and accuracy or useability? because this gun is really cool! but, it looks a bit big on you :p maybe you should set a few sizes aside: small, medium, large and extra large. want fries with that order? anyway, great job thor + lopez

I'm going to stick with just two sizes. I think the scaled down one I'm making will work just fine:
5294703826_5721a063f0_b.jpg
It's a much more manageable version and depending on interest I might do a run of copies in this size.

Lopez cut two of the three slices I need in order to make the human-sized shotgun, then stripped a couple of teeth off of one of his drive gears. I'll be ordering a replacement in the morning, but until then I'll focus on painting up a sniper rifle and do some of the detail work on the larger shotgun.

Stay tuned...

Beastly! I noticed the rail on the iron sights, is there a gap between it and the mag? Also, does it or will it Pump?

Meh, that larger version would probably look normal with me

You're right. Still, my friend Sam is about 6'8" tall couldn't shoulder it and rack the pump at the same time.

Beastly! I noticed the rail on the iron sights, is there a gap between it and the mag? Also, does it or will it Pump?

There is a gap between the rail and the mag, yes.

My plan is to make the pump so it will be moveable, but that's all I have in mind for it.

True, it'd be interesting to hold in person just for the fun of it. What's the length?

The full-sized shotgun is scaled to 48.8" in length. The smaller one was just over three feet, but I don't remember the exact length.

SNIPER RIFLE UPDATE:
I've pulled a few castings and started sticking one together the other day. Once I'd bent the forward guard (carrying handle?) out of 3/8" aluminum rod, I started taking pictures like crazy:
5304881487_bf377fdc67_b.jpg

5305187171_696cd2ed1b_o.jpg

Sometime while I was spraying it with black primer I snapped this detail shot:
5305782760_64d9f75ef4_o.jpg

Here's a shot of it before the primer dried:
5304881631_3406d10730_o.jpg

Here's the standard first-person shooter view:
5304881569_7cd2f9c1f9_o.jpg
For the viewscreen for the scope assembly I cut a window and drilled a hole in the casting and backed it up with a scrap piece of clear green acrylic I had on the shelf. I'm going to go the easy route and just putty in a cheap flashlight inside when I want to have it lit up.

So right now it's taking up space on the table saw:
5305187701_5aa179c4b1_o.jpg

In other news, I've pulled the first casting of my TR-9 Trip Mine and fitted it with an acrylic dome for the light:
5305782702_def0e89904_o.jpg
These should look pretty good once I've painted a few and added the blinking lights.

Stay tuned for more updates...

Odd that there were no comments. Maybe this picture of my 9-year old nephew will help...

5313821312_698f09252d_o.jpg

I should have the sniper painted up the next time I post here. I've finished the first BR paintjob, but I'm waiting for the right model to photograph it with. Meanwhile, I've run short of funds to keep things going. With that in mind, I've got a couple of things listed in the classified section, so go check it out.

The full-sized shotgun is scaled to 48.8" in length. The smaller one was just over three feet, but I don't remember the exact length.

You know having checked that scale, that has to be wrong. You can clearly see normal sized people weilding the shotgun in game, so I think thats a bit exaggerated. The thing about Bungie's scaling "fiction," is that it's never consistant...they can't even decide on MasterChief's true size OUT of armor.

IDK, That seems a little too big, and I'm just about MC's actual "supposed" size

I was thinking of scratch-building mine, and I have already made a shell ejecting tube that ejects my little magnetic prop shells with no interference, the only problem is how powerful will i make the spring for the pump, and what little mechanism should I use to make a nice boom-shaka-laka. noise when i pump it.

I'm inclined to agree with you. That's why I'm also building the 3-foot long version. It's pretty close to the 12-gauge in size and will work for a normal person.

Yea, I can recall a certain cutscene in which Miranda Keyes is shown duel weilding both a Magnum and the shotgun! According to halo wiki/bungie, she is 5'10. Yea, whoever came up with these scales needs to be fired for crappy fiction

Halo3_E3_TRAILER_2007_720p30_ST_6300Kbps_005_0001.jpg

Its like Thorssoli has the Misriah armory in his garage. All those beautiful frag grenades.

Actually, I didn't make the frag grenades. I got them in trade a while back and it's been long enough that I don't remember who I got them from.

In other news, I know I promised painted pictures of the sniper rifle, but I'm falling a bit behind. Today I tasked my lovely assistant with drybrushing some bare steel highlights on it:
5324988487_c029bc8867_o.jpg

She did a pretty good job:
5324988347_bb35845fb4_o.jpg

Of course, she spent most of the day screwing around:
5324988167_99c4c11dac_o.jpg

But in the end, she got most of the job done:
5325595888_77a5b8df9c_o.jpg

I say "most" because it still needs some detail work.

It's pretty cold here today, so I have to wait until tomorrow for the paint to be firm enough to handle. Then I'll be touching up the last few details and do a proper photoshoot with this thing. Stay tuned...

Simply marvelous. Your assistant did a pretty good job on the drybrush XD

I finished the very few details that needed painting and added a gold-tone insert for the scope lens. Here's some winning photos of the "big mister" in the out of doors:
5330927791_1034dfb379_b.jpg

5330927671_6dc35c0e90_o.jpg

I still need to install the light in the viewfinder, but for now here's how it looks in the first-person POV:
5330927551_3e2a4c50a0_o.jpg

I've also started painting up a brace of pistols:
5330927893_c3cfe8a361_z.jpg

Just a few more things I need to add to the armory before I'm ready to start filming. Stay tuned...

The rifle looks awesome!

Have you considered putting some actual electronics in there? The display has such a convenient rectangular shape, there's great potential there I think :)

The rifle looks awesome!

Have you considered putting some actual electronics in there? The display has such a convenient rectangular shape, there's great potential there I think :)

One of my buddies has an old digital camera the's started taking apart to build into one of the scopes. If I were to do anything, I'd probably try an optical solution instead of an electronic one. Though it's tempting to build in an old night vision rig, I really can't justify the expense for what will, in the end, be mostly a display piece.

In other news, we started doing some filming and I got some great still shots in between takes. Here's me showing off some of my arsenal:
5343878595_5070a0c4a6_o.jpg

5344492158_f39dbfdbbb_b.jpg

5343882037_54deb93d80_o.jpg

5344494178_ab0fa27df5_o.jpg

5343884171_34f0109bfc_o.jpg

5344497040_64c3fabc66_o.jpg

More to come in the weeks to come. For now, I really need to get back to work on the shotgun. Stay tuned...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back