Props Finally Started This...

So far I've made the HALO3 pistol, Battle Rifle, and Sniper Rifle. What next?

• M90A Shotgun

Votes: 58 29.1%
  • M41 Rocket Launcher

Votes: 33 16.6%
  • W/AV M6 G/GNR Spartan Laser

Votes: 63 31.7%
  • MA5C Assault Rifle

Votes: 22 11.1%
  • M7 Caseless SubMachine Gun

Votes: 23 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I'm pretty proud of both.

In other news, I rushed through a horribly inaccurate paintjob on one of my trip mines:
5358854007_464c0d2d35_o.jpg

It'll look much better with a blinking light in it.

I also finally got around to finishing the paintjob on my frag grenades:
5358853823_f78fc21b3f_b.jpg

Now I can't stop wishing I knew how to juggle.

I'll get back to work on the shotgun any minute. It also looks like the Splaser is getting a lot of play in the poll. Stay tuned...

Wierd. No comments at all?

Here's the current progress on the shotgun:
5374040073_9922128c9b_o.jpg

Since Lopez the Robot Whittler is currently out of commission, I made the outside of the magazine (the upper tube) out of a piece of PVC pipe and replaced the CNC-carved barrel and lower tube with sections of 3/4" conduit. I still have to rebuild the slide grip. For now it still looks like something is missing:
5374040015_3b513eb8c4_o.jpg

Stay tuned...

Looks great. But doesn't the bottom tube move with the the foregrip? Or is it static and the foregrip moves around it?

Looks great. But doesn't the bottom tube move with the the foregrip? Or is it static and the foregrip moves around it?

Me and a couple of the guys were discussing that in the workshop the other day. In CE and Halo2 the lower tube was a light that was mounted on the grip (which suggests it would move with the grip). In H3, the light is moved to the left side of the magazine above the barrel (which means I have no idea what the lower tube is even for) so I'm taking a tiny bit of artistic license and making it stationary.

I'll probably end up putting a spring inside of it so the slide will return to position when you let go of it. The jury's still out on that idea.

In other news, I've decided I need to make one of these:
220px-DeliverHope_-_MFDD_Concept.jpg

This is a thing that needs blinking lights. Possibly some beeping too.

Me and a couple of the guys were discussing that in the workshop the other day. In CE and Halo2 the lower tube was a light that was mounted on the grip (which suggests it would move with the grip). In H3, the light is moved to the left side of the magazine above the barrel (which means I have no idea what the lower tube is even for) so I'm taking a tiny bit of artistic license and making it stationary.

I'll probably end up putting a spring inside of it so the slide will return to position when you let go of it. The jury's still out on that idea.

You suppose the tube could be the choke? IDK? Either way it's still gonna look great.
A nuke, eh? Everytime I see a nuke like that, I think back to the first starcraft where they open a box full of ice, beer and a nuclear device. "Thank God for cold fusion."

You suppose the tube could be the choke? IDK? Either way it's still gonna look great.
A nuke, eh? Everytime I see a nuke like that, I think back to the first starcraft where they open a box full of ice, beer and a nuclear device. "Thank God for cold fusion."

The "choke" on a shotgun refers to the shape of the end of the barrel. By changing the choke, you change the dispersion pattern of the shot. While there are some shotguns that have interchangeable chokes, most of them are built in by the manufacturer.

I still have no idea what that lower tube is supposed to be.

I've continued tinkering with the shotgun, but bondo and sanding pictures aren't all that interesting. I'll post new pics once I've got the pump handle roughed out. Meanwhile, check out my blog or something.

I still have no idea what that lower tube is supposed to be.

Eh, I think its really there as a "guide" for the pump. Typically, the second tube would indicate that it's possibly for gas (like on an M-16 or any other assualt rifle) but that can't be considering its a shotgun. (DUH)

Eh, I think its really there as a "guide" for the pump. Typically, the second tube would indicate that it's possibly for gas (like on an M-16 or any other assualt rifle) but that can't be considering its a shotgun. (DUH)

Yeah. I'm still thinking the designers just left it in because nobody was keeping track of where the flashlight went.

so thor what is it next after the shotty huh the ma5c or smg?

I dunno. I've got one of Adam's ARs and two of LeeKeegan's SMGs. I'm actually thinking I'll make the SPnkr next. I've been thinking a lot lately about how to design the launch mechanism. I figure there's no reason to build it if I can't lob nerf rockets at things...

Have you look at the paintball nerf laws rocket launchers that are powder by Hp air or Co2. That mit give you some ideas to start with.

nice me and my old man looked at making one that fires to but decided not to since he was already working on a 105mm artilery for airsoft lol when i was back home on leave..... it was nuts. but i cant wait for the day that u make both the AR and SMG i have a link smg already. i would so buy one and ur BR55 came in thursday and its pretty. i already trimed the over hang and sanded most of it just working on the scope.

Methink that that shotgun should have a grenade launcher. Seriously, Emile should've had one on his shotgun.

Not much in the way of progress to report. I've been tinkering with the shotgun, but the "during" pictures don't look much different from what I've already posted.

On the other hand, there's this video clip which I posted in my MkVI thread that shows off the sniper rifle pretty well:

I'm pretty proud of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back