First Armor Wip Mark Vi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm triple kill...

Lol anyways, new progress to show!

Biceps done I'm glad those are out of the way.

Pic%20136s.JPG

I started on FS's HD chest. Got a little done so far. Its about 2cm smaller than the lower def chest I made a while ago. I've convinced my cousin to come to Dragoncon this year and he saw all my pepakura pieces. Now he wants to be a halo spartan too so I think I'll just hand the lower def over to him. Fits him better than it fits me, and knowing how lazy he is I doubt hes going to go full HD anyways :lol

Pic%20134s.JPG

Pic%20135s.JPG

Speaking of HD. I noticed my shins were missing a bit of details even though they are HD. Ive seen some smooth shins that have more of the back detailed and part of me wants to build those shins instead of using the ones I have, but I would hate to trash the current shins I have. For now I marked the missing details with a sharpie. Mabey bondo will fix this I hope.

Pic%20137s.JPG

Well time to finish peeling the glue off my fingers, not to mention the scissors are killing the muscles in my right hand so I'll call it a night.

My HD chest armor is finally done and all I have to say is, WHAT-A-PIECE-OF-WORK! Pretty sturdy too with all that support struttage going on, shouldn't warp at all when I resin it.

Chest1.jpg

Chest2.jpg

Chest3.jpg

And with that all my armor is pepped *whew* Now..."I Need A Weapon" :lol My original plan is an energy sword that lights up and has sounds and everything but I have never made anything that lights up or does any of that fancy stuff before and I think I'll hold off on that till I know how to rig up all the LEDs on my armor. So I may just pep a good ol' Assault Rifle. I like snipers too but with me being so short that gun will either be just as tall as me or taller. If I have any spare cardstock after the Assault Rifle I'll make some Halo 1 style pistols, that was my favorite weapon back in the days of blood gulch. I'm going to attempt the HD Assault Rifle by RoadWarrior, I've never seen anyone pep that yet.

HD_MA5C_RoadWarrior.png

Edit: I'm also considering this assault rifle by Nugget in this thread: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8528&hl=assault rifle by nugget&st=180

Considering its only 12 pages big while the other assault rifle is like 31 pages, I may go with this one instead. The 31 page rifle has way more details though so I dont know :lol I'll have to see how much paper I have left at home.

woah!! cant wait to see your weapon :D just wondering are you going to keep the ab plate seperate from the chest?

AceNat said:
woah!! cant wait to see your weapon :D just wondering are you going to keep the ab plate seperate from the chest?

Probably not, since it would be one extra thing to have strapped on to me. It would probably just be easier to attach it to the chest like a lot of other people do. It wouldn't effect appearance if its attached to the chest or strapped onto the stomach, it'll still look cannon either way as long as there is no gap between the 2 pieces. I'll have plenty of time to think about it though because I wont be able to attach it while the support struts are on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh check this out guys. I just got home with my finished chest armor and put it all together with my other parts and got this:

Armor1.JPG

I like how its turning out. I'm still deciding which HD assault rifle to build but I think I'm going to end up doing the super HD one that uses 31 pages Lol Went all out so far, might as well end it that way.

Hey guys...

Remember when I said pepping the HD Torso was a piece of work? Well...I lied :lol In typical Monicator fashion, I have apparently saved the best/toughest model for last. This HD assault rifle is a pepping nightmare! This is what I have done so far, its coming along but at a snails pace because of all the teeny tiny pieces!

Rifle%20001s.JPG

Rifle%20002s.JPG

This thing has a ton of challenges including;

-Overlapping Flaps

-Overlapping Numbers

-Nonexistent Flaps

-Folds on top of a cutting line

-Odd pieces that dont seem to go anywhere

-Tiny pieces

-Folds on top of folds

-IMPOSSIBLE folds

-Numbers in the 3000+

Oh and the folds are switched around for some reason. Valley folds = Mountain folds and vice versa. As much as a pain as it is, im going to finish it, because im not wasting 31 pages of cardstock. I'm going to make it happen, I just hope it doesnt warp or anything. After its built I'll have to figure out how to harden it. I dont think I'm going to want to cut it in half as I dont know how I'll put it back together with it aligning correctly.

One more thing, my dad had an old mini mag light that he gave away to me. I think it will be perfect for the rifle when its done. It's already weathered for me and everything.

Rifle%20004s.JPG

Wow that gun looks awesome, cat wait to see the finished product. great job on the chest too, still have a couple of pieces to put on mine!

Well folks, the time has finally come. After much pain and suffering, here is the Super HD Assault Rifle.

Pic%20157s.JPG

I'm not gonna lie. This was HAAAAAARRRRD. Some warpage was unavoidable. I'm just hoping a massive bondo job will fix it, because I dont plan to pep that model ever again until somebody smooths it out.

There it is compared to my katana I got from Anime Weekend Atlanta one year. Its almost 90cm long, pretty big on me too but I didnt want to scale it down. There were tiny pieces as it was at default scale I cant imagine them any smaller...

Pic%20158s.JPG

Pic%20160s.JPG
Pic%20161s.JPG

And to top it all off, I had no exacto knife, had to do it all with scissors. In fact had to do all my armor with nothing but scissors. So those of you without exacto knifes, dont fret! It can be done without them! :lol I have some cardstock left over, I was going to use it for another weapon until I saw this thread: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25428

I have been TOTALLY convinced to redo my shins. As soon as its unfolded I'll be on it like white on rice.

wow your doing great! looks amazing! i've decided to do a mix of the Mark VI and the new Reach armor. I'm doing the new EVA with the reach chest and One of Jordes shoulders and one of emiles shoulders. the forearms and waist done are all Mark VI. it should look good

]very nice work on the armor and the ar. to make the production easier (on the ar at least),what i did was i cut out two halves of the ar from cardboard. and taped them together with a long flat piece, like this:[attachment=15874:IMG_1755.JPG]. so that it is hollow. then go back and add all of the details. although it wont look as good as if it was pepped like yours. just a tip for if you are mass producing ars for a movie or something. keep up the good work, EL NICO

Hey, thought I'd drop a reply since you so kindly pimped my thread in yours! ;)

Really great progress. When I started my build like two years ago, I started with the helmet, then promptly moved on to trying to finish the helmet before pepping anything else. Well, I kinda hit a wall and halted the project, and through some unknown series of events, my helmet doesn't fit me anymore, so I've got to redo it anyway! So I'm pepping nearly everything first, like you.

Now comes the fun part with all the toxic fumes and dust and laborious sanding and tool work! Well, after you finish your new shins, haha.

Congrats on finishing that AR too. I don't think I'd have the patience for that one. I'll probably go with the lower-def HD one and add detail from there. Or get lazy and drop some dough on a cast piece...

New shin hooray! Thanks Nicktendo! I'll be building the 2nd one immediately!

Here is the new compared with the old. The old one has the 405th logo slapped on it and is lacking details.

Pic%20168s.JPG

Pic%20170s.JPG

Pic%20166s.JPG

Pic%20167s.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back