First Build: Dead Space 2 Engineer Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im loving this thread (and the other Dead Space treads) I think its time to start my Suit. I'm gonna print out the helmet, do some cutting this week. I think I will build the helmet like my Noble 6, PEP, resin, filler and then graphics with a layer of polyurethane... Wish me luck and lets hope it all goes well!

So yeah, I'm gonna make the helmet only for now!

Helmet Build

Hey guys, I was reading through here and saw that you had and unfolded helmet build. But when i click on the link it says it's not valid? any help? Thanks

Delemary, he removed the files a long while ago due to not wanting to cause copy write issues.

*Due to legal responsibilities, I will not be hosting the ripped model, so please do not ask for it. In time, I will remodel the suit myself and legally distribute that towards the end of my personal build, I promise! Hang in there for me!

As he said, when he is finished with the build, or nearly so.

Not to jack your thread Statyk, but if anyone wants the Dead Space Files (don't worry buddy, it's not me redistributing the models you sent me to unfold, those are safe ;) ), you probably want to check out a thread I started on the RPF, there's a link to Toja's Dead Space build, on there, as well as a folder posted by krizalid, that has Dead Space files as well:
http://www.therpf.com/f24/noob-field-guide-pep-costuming-175679/

Also, may have missed it, but did you go to the premiere?

-Seth

haha, yes, I used the unfold you sent me. I just seamed the broken segments together and reorganized them to save space on paper.

On some of the unfolds I fixed, I put extra/symmetrical faces on a "ignore page" so when printing, you can count that one out in the printer settings (instead of printing 8/8 pages, you print out 7/8) and you still have all necessary faces. For example, the torso, I would put one of each specific object on 1 or 2 pages, then crowd a last page with all the remaining faces (overlapping is fine as this page is disregarded). I put large texts near the center of that page and type "Ignore this page". When printing, simply take one number off the final count, and you're saving tons of paper and ink =]

I have to keep all the faces of the torso in the model so measurements can be set properly, so removing faces has to be done in Pepakura, but the only way to do this was sacrifice extra faces as, with it being foam, faces can easily be duplicated via template. (trace 20 similar shapes of 1 template, rather than trace 20 similar shapes with 20 similar templates). So doing the torso in foam MAY actually only need one or maybe 2 pieces of paper, then one ignored page. If you dont do an ignore page, it could equal up to 10, maybe 12 pages or so.

Example of layout:
peptutorial_by_statyk94-d5lnsg2.jpg

peptutorial2_by_statyk94-d5lnso1.jpg

You don't share those files, right?

EEEKKKK! Where can I download this suit at? :D Pleaseeeeeeee?!?! I've been trying to find a copy of it!?!?

((The engineer suit. Not the advance suit.))

Hello, I am New to this website and i noticed yours was one of the first dead space suits i have seen i am also making my own but im making like a custom one and i like what you have done so far it looks really good did you ever get it finished?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back