First Pep/foam build. Mark VI helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can do point to point measuring in the pep designer. So you can measure your leg and be sure it will fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I havent had much trouble doing point to point on Pep, my issue is with the biceps if I made it wide enough to fit around my arms, it made the front and back sides of the armor almost 8 inches tall. which didnt look right and wouldnt be very accurate. Its a curse of having almost 18" arms.

So my Problem with the thighs are that by the time i get them wide enough I fear its going to change the length so much they will be full leg braces... but ill try and make it work, ill probably have to cut them and change them manually.

If you find a good fix let me know. I have a feeling I'm going to run into the reverse of this problem make a kit for my son

If you find a good fix let me know. I have a feeling I'm going to run into the reverse of this problem make a kit for my son

If a piece isn't wide enough, you can always try sanding the opening to make it larger. And on the other side of that, if a piece is too wide, you can add foam or padding to make it fit well.

Here is about 70% of my work on the front of the chest piece. This has been a entirely different beast to tackle then the rest of my parts. The size of it has made it a pain to work with. Had to scale the file up about 40% from the original to fit me.

Modelled by King Rahl
Modified/unfolded by monkeyfuj

What do Y'all think?

Attachments

• 20150816_170047.jpg
    20150816_170047.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 130
Starting to wrap up the back of the torso armor. Ran into some trouble with the files. Some of the geometry was off with pieces, some didn't have connecting tabs, so the wavy bits is my on the fly fixes to that. I'll fix that with bondo later on... so far things are moving along.

Also, my switch to hot glue instead of Elmers Professional has made a huge difference in the speed of which I can assemble parts. Huge hot glue fan now!

Attachments

• 20150828_151738.jpg
    20150828_151738.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 111
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back