First Timer. Mark VI Pep Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The easiest way to fix those small "fuzzy paper" spots is liquid super glue. Apply a little bit to the paper and it'll harden it right up, then you can sand it smooth.

Updates to my helmet!

aJac6xgh.jpg

78fObzxh.jpg

ibLdqUTh.jpg

WEzZdPxh.jpg

This is what it currently looks like after several attempts of bondo/sanding. How does it look to you guys?

EDIT: I wanted to also ask you guys what the best way to install the leds are? I know I'll have to drill holes at the proper spots, but I'm not sure if I need to cover the holes with anything or how to prop up the leds properly?

Thanks!

Another update time! Progress right now is that half of my pieces are painted. The other half still need to be sanded down properly before primer/paint. I went ahead a little further on my helmet and here it is! I can't believe I got this far. Thanks to everyone who helped with the input about mounting my lights!

um9eJfVh.jpg

WRSqzBzh.jpg

MFz9G3Ph.jpg

3iSUnkIh.jpg

Well I managed to finish it for Halloween, here is the result of my first ever attempt at pepping:

1LPR2vT.jpg

A few things I want to work on to make it better:

1. Re-do the boots to HD models so that I can just attach the pieces to real boots.
2. Re-do my calf pieces as they were too big, I didn't know that you needed to size them down and to have to cut them open to wear them.
3. Figure out a better way to keep my thigh pieces from sliding down my leg, it was a pain in the butt walking around as they would slide down, even when I clipped them to my waist harness, the thigh pieces would just pull the waist harness down.

All in all, happy that I was able to finish it and actually go through the entire process. Loads of respect to many of the guys on here who have done the same. And for those starting out like I did half a year ago, all I can say is take it one step at a time. You'll want to give up along the way, but if you just keep telling yourself to power through and finish what you started, you'll feel great when it's all said and done. Thanks to those who helped me with tips and advice on this! Couldn't have done it without you guys.

Your armor looks good! Hell, you got more armor than I do and I have been here since '07! Try out the HD files for everything. I think you can pull them off quite nicely!
Great job on finishing your first set of armor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back