Foam Halo 4 Spartan Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is coming along nicely. I can't wait for more.

hey check out my new first person video.

it is coming along nicely. I can't wait for more.

hey check out my new first person video.
The vid is pretty cool. Where was the camera mounted? I would love to attach a gopro to my armor that would give a good FP view of the con so I could upload it to youtube. But I wasn't sure about placement because on top of the helmet I think would be too high up.
Another update from last night. Played too much Halo yesterday and didn't work enough... Could've completely finished constructing the chest but... oh well :)
Added Mesh pattern to the "shoulder" part that would be an undersuit
IMAG0323_zps3f408a96.jpg
IMAG0324_zpsf49b9fa7.jpg
IMAG0325_zps1d3fbe89.jpg

The vid is pretty cool. Where was the camera mounted? I would love to attach a gopro to my armor that would give a good FP view of the con so I could upload it to youtube. But I wasn't sure about placement because on top of the helmet I think would be too high up.

i placed mine inside the nose peice but i am using what is called a MeCam. it is about the size of a Gatorade bottle lid. check it out a MeCam.me.

the only issue with it's current placement is the audio. because it picks up my breathing and it is incredibly loud. other than that you could make a separate attachment to place it in.

i placed mine inside the nose peice but i am using what is called a MeCam. it is about the size of a Gatorade bottle lid. check it out a MeCam.me.

the only issue with it's current placement is the audio. because it picks up my breathing and it is incredibly loud. other than that you could make a separate attachment to place it in.
Thanks for the tip.

Truly very badass, keep it coming!
Thanks! I finally got around to adding the final pieces on to the torso!
IMAG0326_zps13a9c5fb.jpg
IMAG0327_zps0e07191a.jpg
the foam "undersuit" isn't going to work out too well, so I am going to have to make something new :( Oh well. So I have the helmet, chest, back, shoulders and forearms made. I need to make the biceps, abdomen, and lower body. Just over 1 month until it needs to be finished. It's rush time!!!!!

Looking great! I'm really digging that torso piece, keep the pics coming! You've definately gained a subscriber :)
:) :)
As mentioned before, I somewhat scrapped my original undersuit idea. I cut the top of it off, it was too big, and just used the bottom. Next I need to wrap the undersuit in the same mesh I used on the shoulders for consistency. I still like the way my pseudo undersuit is turning out. I still have to add the butt plate.
More pics
IMAG0328_zpsd8e34d03.jpg
IMAG0329_zps6b6317e1.jpg
IMAG0330_zps24997087.jpg
I don't know if I posted a complete pic of the back yet, so here it is.
IMAG0331_zps67714bc1.jpg
What the?????
My hot glue gun shot sparks and made popping sounds!
that blackened area in the middle of the pic is a glue stick.... a charred glue stick.
IMAG0333_zps5ffea4b2.jpg
Glue stick that was in it at the time
IMAG0332_zps9b126ce4.jpg

In lieu of saving time, I'm doing the MK. VII bottom half. Here is the start of the butt plate.
IMAG0339_zps5b31d908.jpg
Butt plate built
IMAG0340_zpsf7a301b0.jpg
Sleep time for work tomorrow. Then I will finish the butt and attach it somehow and maybe get a thigh (or 2) built

I think your glue gun protested against being overworked haha. Really though, it sounds like an electrical burn on the glue stick...weird! I think your armor is coming along really well, the detail you have in the foam is exceptional.

In my thread you brought up sturdiness, like I said I've never worked with foam so I'm curious to hear how it holds up once complete.

I think your glue gun protested against being overworked haha. Really though, it sounds like an electrical burn on the glue stick...weird! I think your armor is coming along really well, the detail you have in the foam is exceptional.

In my thread you brought up sturdiness, like I said I've never worked with foam so I'm curious to hear how it holds up once complete.
Yeah I don't know what happened to it. One second it was there, the next second it was popping and smoking lol. This is my first attempt into a whole suit. I have dabbled here and there with some Reach armor and some Iron Man armor, but nothing as major as this. I think it's going to be really sturdy though.
Thanks again for your interest!

Pic update for a leg! It isn't completely attached yet, so it's just kind of sitting there.
IMAG0347_zps794a256d.jpg
IMAG0348_zpse521b9f7.jpg
IMAG0349_zpseff5115d.jpg

Sweet man! So what's next on that torso? Do you plastidip the whole thing?

I'm going to paint a couple layers of Mod Podge over everything before Plastidip. The Mod Podge(or any kind of sealant like elmers or pva) will seal the foams micropores before plastidip. It helps smooth it out and can make it look more like metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back