halo 3 hunter 10' tall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good tip! I am planning on a waist strap in the setup, so what I will focus on is building it so the shoulder hooks are more for stability. It shouldn't be too hard to make it so the majority of the weight is on the hips.

Just a quick update, half way through glassing the chest.

20160318_224648.jpg

Have you thought of an Alice rig as the base for the strapping? You can get them pretty cheap at army surplus without the pouches and you would already have a combined shoulder/waist rig that should hold the weight.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458402937.407909.jpg

Pic obviously borrowed from the interwebs.

"I'm just a witness"

I like that idea! If anything, I could integrate the straps and belt into what ever I build to hold the arms.

Reactions: Jme
That's what I was thinking.

"I'm just a witness"

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't posted in a few days. Work has been rather busy, which is good :thumbsup. Just a quick update, almost done glassing the chest. The thing is big! And has been taking up a bunch of glass mat and resin. I think it's going pretty good though, so far it is weighing in around 7 pounds. I an hoping to have it all glassed by sunday, so I can start working on some easier parts that are not as big.

The chest alone is 7 lbs or the whole thing is 7 lbs? If its just the chest what do you estimate the whole thing is going to be?

The chest alone is 7 lbs or the whole thing is 7 lbs? If its just the chest what do you estimate the whole thing is going to be?

Yep, just the chest. My best guess on the weight of the entire suit complete with the stilts and upper skeleton would have to be somewhere around 60-70 pounds. Ya it going to be a bit heavy, but no pain no gain. On another note, I am working on some ideas to be able to attach the upper skeleton to the stilt system to help transfer some of the weight straight to the ground.

So I tried a little spray foam,

20160402_140454.jpg

I did it in 5 layers. Spray a bit and wait for it to dry then repeat. It is working really good, the fingers are nice and hard.

20160402_140512.jpg

I drilled a relief hole in each finger so that way it wouldn't tear them apart. So far so good.

They do make 3 different levels of expandable foam....be careful not to use the wrong size level in the smallest piece......I used this stuff to seal in an air conditioner in a window.......Cracked the window and dented the casing of the unit enough that it became unusable.......Great Stuff........

Ya it definitely is "great stuff"! I'm using the most common one for multi purpose use, it has a medium expansion. Now that it is fully dry, its rather hard and pretty light weight. But yes, for all who might want to try this on some part of their build, be VERY careful. Do not use a whole can at once, it will rip you piece apart. Apply it in layers, use Acetone to clean out the tube and tip so it can be reused later.

No ....that is the name. Great Stuff.......I recall someone using it to fill a peped AR......It looked like a over-inflated muffin. Pretty cool though.

Stomping more than waltzing......although it would be funny to see you dancing in this thing........

So just a quick update, the chest is finally glassed. Not really worth posting a picture, it doesn't really look any different. It's just a whole lot harder.
I'm hoping to get started on glassing the head on sunday. Saturday the family and I are going to be in Boise shopping for my youngest daughters first prom dress. God I'm getting old, :facepalm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back