Halo 4 Helmet Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok gents who wants em? I have 2 versions, a low poly and high poly. The only difference being that the low poly doesnt have the detail lines. Let me know who wants to try unfolding these. Also Soldier is coming along as well no pics though sorry. After that Im going to do a knee and shoulder for the Soldier as well as the Pathfinder. After those though Im going to take a brake and start my own build.

HP
Pathfinder-Helmet-WIP.gif

LP
LP-Pathfinder-Helmet.gif

I'd like the low poly, I'd rather make the lines with a dremel, they would be a pain to pep imo. Look awesome!

I can take a crack at the hi-poly version if you don't have a volunteer already. I've done a couple hi-def unfolds already. I just can't make any promises on an exact completion date.

Oh I just noticed that they haven't been unfolded yet, stupid me :p I meant I will build the low res when the file is released, sorry for the confusion

Message sent. I'll give them both a shot. Most likely I'll start with the low-def as a warm up and to get used to the contours before tackling the high-def.

i would really love to see the air assault in model. I am starting school for Digital graphic design this month and am trying to get the 3d stuff going too. what programs do you guys use?

I use Autodesk Maya, mostly because thats what I originally learned on. For texturing I use Ps and rendering I use Marmoset Toolbag.

cool thanks. i just got autodesk 3ds max because of school and im waiting for the install to finish to start designing my own style helmet

Well, about 1:30 a.m. and my eyes are cussing me out. lol. But, I got the LD Pathfinder helmet done. Scaled to roughly 1 foot tall (300mm/30cm) so keep that in mind when figuring out the scale you'll need.

http://www.4shared.com/file/fSVul9OK/H4_Pathfinder_LD.html

I'll get to work on the High-res version after some rest. If it goes as smoothly as the LD, I'd say it'll be done within a day or two.

I'm not sure if anyone has said this before but I would really like the Pathfinder Helmet if at all possible and if at all anyone has time on there hands, however more importantly if somebody could sort of guide me in the right direction to learn how to Model and Unfold the Helmet's I would be forever grateful, it would also allow me to possibly extend my creativity and post other object's I could unfold. ;)

Thanks a bunch 405th Community!

-~- Raskulz

Edit: Read's post above mine... Smack's face off desk -_- I deserved that I guess - however I didn't see it in the Pepakura files index, I think I may drop that link in that thread with credit's going too Zaff,

I would still love to know how to unfold and model for future reference :) Please and thank you any help or just direction to where to learn would be appreciated.

I cant help with unfolding as I havent learned how to do that myself but modeling I can lend a hand. Also I have the Soldiers Knee armor done and if anyone wants to give unfolding it a try let me know.

Soldier-Knee.gif

I cant help with unfolding as I havent learned how to do that myself but modeling I can lend a hand. Also I have the Soldiers Knee armor done and if anyone wants to give unfolding it a try let me know.

Whenever it comes to anything related to unfolding, please feel free to shoot me an email with anything new. I would be more than happy to help on the unfold side. Just make some kind of a note about what default scale you would like unfolded at. In regards to everything you've done thus far, great job!! Everything looks very clean.

-Matt

Whenever it comes to anything related to unfolding, please feel free to shoot me an email with anything new. I would be more than happy to help on the unfold side. Just make some kind of a note about what default scale you would like unfolded at. In regards to everything you've done thus far, great job!! Everything looks very clean.

-Matt

Thanks! Frankly Im not sure what to scale it at. Ill take some measurements and let you know in the meantime shoot me a message with your email and Ill send it over to you.

Edit: Read's post above mine... Smack's face off desk -_- I deserved that I guess - however I didn't see it in the Pepakura files index, I think I may drop that link in that thread with credit's going too Zaff,

Only part of the credit would go to me, Ras. DigitalCantina here is the one who actually built the 3D model, I just unfolded it to be printed out. To put it another way, I wouldn't have had anything to do if he hadn't done the model in the first place, so be sure to give him proper credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back