Halo Reach Commando Helmet Build (Picture Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great, Can't wait to see what you do with it. The details are starting to come along nicely.

Nice work dude! I'm doing Ruze's helmet too so its nice watching someones progress who has more time to work on it and is a few steps further than me. Definitely gona watch this and take some notes here like how you split the back of the helm to fit your head in. Gona try that when I get home!

Awesome job so far! Love watching this one moving along, can't wait to see it in the end.

Thanks Ruze, I’m glad you approve. Your model is extremely good and detailed. I’m glad I found it. Thanks again, for the model.

Looks great, Can't wait to see what you do with it. The details are starting to come along nicely.

Thank you Thorn, Good luck on your project!

Nice work dude! I'm doing Ruze's helmet too so its nice watching someones progress who has more time to work on it and is a few steps further than me. Definitely gona watch this and take some notes here like how you split the back of the helm to fit your head in. Gona try that when I get home!

Thank you, I’m happy my progress can help others. Wait till you see the details, I’m about to sculpt. I have to first get the base completely perfect, then I’m going to sculpt all the in game details. Provided I can find some good reference photos. I’ve had trouble finding them. It would help if I could find some good front, side, back, & top photos. Unfortunately, I’m terrible at the game and haven’t played enough to unlock it, so I can’t save screen shots of it. Well, I wish you luck in your build! I’ll keep posting progress pictures for you guys.

Keep building 405th!

Minor Update:

Not sure what the attachment is called, but here is Carter's attachment. Is it a com Device?

IMG_20110307_185717.jpg

IMG_20110307_185724.jpg

IMG_20110307_185735.jpg

IMG_20110307_185746.jpg

So what do you think? it needs a little work still. Does anyone think the antenna thingy is to long?

Well, thanks again for viewing my build?

yah sure thing man, the rest is alo looking great and the helmet attachment also looks awesome, keep up the great work :D

how do you plan to attach the com thingy to the helmet.

I'm not exactly sure yet, I may create some sort of post that comes out from the side & use magnets to secure it. I should be molding this piece to, I want to design it so that its easy to place electronics and such inside of it.

I'm not exactly sure yet, I may create some sort of post that comes out from the side & use magnets to secure it. I should be molding this piece to, I want to design it so that its easy to place electronics and such inside of it.

My idea was to make the flat piece that goes against the helmet out of a styrene sheet so it is removable from the com piece, then attaching it with screws so you can get in to the com piece and place lights and batteries and the works. I'm also planning on using bolts to attach the whole com piece to the helmet like how Carpathia did his shoulder pieces on his carter build. Just an idea, take it how you like :)

Rough detail sculpt

This still needs to be cleaned up, but here is a rough sculpt on details. Also, my mouse sander died tonight. RIP Mouse sander.

IMG_20110310_003418.jpg

IMG_20110310_003409.jpg

IMG_20110310_004038.jpg

I'm not entirely happy with it, but let me know what you think. Thanks for viewing my build. Keep building 405th!

About the mouse sander, before buying a new one see if you can't fix it. It could just be clogged/caked with dust and needing a good cleaning.

@Roadwarrior, Good luck with the sanding, can't wait to see you finish up one of your MK V castings. Hopefully the tut helps.

@Slideo, thnks man,The sculpted detail is still pretty rough right now, I'm going to tighten that up tonight. Also, I am going to try what Roadwarrior recommended and give my sander a good cleaning.

Keep building guys!

Looks very nice, I'm thinking about buying some magic sculpt and I was wondering is it sandable, I'm sure you have mentioned it before but I'm about to leave for work so I don't have time to look though the posts

Looks very nice, I'm thinking about buying some magic sculpt and I was wondering is it sandable, I'm sure you have mentioned it before but I'm about to leave for work so I don't have time to look though the posts

Yes, It most definitely is. It's the bomb. You wont be diapointed. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back