Halo Reach Concept Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is official but I figured I would throw it out there
1308365104413.jpg
any word if someone is making this one?

I will be so happy when this is a file. I'll totally make it, it reminds me of EVA units 03,04 i like the Not quite human look about it.

For starters, I know that it is technically considered a necro-post, but I wanted to contribute something that I've been working on for quite some time. Considering it is the Reach Concept Art thread, I spent quite a while unfolding harnor's Recon concept helmet.

Let me preface this by saying the original model, before it was simplified, is extremely HD, so it is definitely not a model for beginners. When I unfolded it, I did so to try and fit my building approach, while also making it easily understandable for others.

I broke up the unfold into individual sections, so that the helmet could be assembled in "blocks", so to speak. Again, this is how I wanted to approach building this. To the left of the page layout, you will notice images of the helmet highlighted in different areas. These correspond to the section that they are placed next to. Now, without rambling on any further, please find the unfold here:
http://www.4shared.com/zip/rv7zj79D/Halo_Reach_Recon_Concept_Helme.html?

I've begun on the build, and have completed Section A, and again, this model is anything but simple. I hope others enjoy it as much as I'm going to.

-Matt

p.s. - I've put the model into a .zip file, along with all of the sectional highlights, as well as several in-game Recon reference images, and the original Bungie Recon concept art.

Whoa thats a really cool way to go about the unfold! very noob freindly, i like it. Though it's not suprising coming from Mkshane :D

Whoa thats a really cool way to go about the unfold! very noob freindly, i like it. Though it's not suprising coming from Mkshane :D

Hey!!!! Ah, just kidding....like you said, I try to make it easy for everyone to understand when looking at it.

-Matt

I started my own re-unfold but it was very annoying and complicated with all the angular faces, thanks for smoothing it out. I think I'll make it and its nice to see this thread not....dead.

-Konstantin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back