Hayabusa Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if you do in two sections, the neck piece, then just let the builder put magnets on both pieces to put htem together when being worn, it'll be less work for you, but more for the builder, but in bothe sides it's good because it'll be easier to do, and easier to wear (in my opinion....)

I think the collar actually intersects with the 'straps' of the permutation- so no separate holding system is needed..

busaperm_bare.png

busaperm_busa.png

busaperm_model.png

So, no need to attach it separately.

Yeah, that's what I meant at the beginning. Thanks. ;) I wasn't sure if that was an animation glitch with the 3D objects intersecting when they were animated, or if it was an intentional part of the armors design.

So you think cut out sides of the collar so that it can slot into the area and then be fixed in place by the builder?

Skupilkinson said:
Yeah, that's what I meant at the beginning. Thanks. ;) I wasn't sure if that was an animation glitch with the 3D objects intersecting when they were animated, or if it was an intentional part of the armors design.

So you think cut out sides of the collar so that it can slot into the area and then be fixed in place by the builder?

I think it needs to be part of the straps on the side as built- and maybe scaled up a bit and moved forward some. So, for example, make those tweaks, cut away any intersecting polygons, and bridge the gap between the pieces, forging new edges as you do so between the various surfaces.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, if I understand you right. The collar becomes one with the chest? All one object?

It would certainly help reduce warping when building but I see problems. That collar is joined to both the perm part('busa) and the existing under chest(Mk VI) so for that to happen, wouldn't the whole chest area need to be merged? so the 'busa and the Mk VI become one complete object? That'd mean that this would no longer be an addon to peoples existing armor like the others, it'd be an entirely seperate piece of armor.

Here's screen captures of the perm only, the Mk VI has been hidden.

[attachment=4614:Image9.jpg]
[attachment=4615:Image10.jpg]

So, looking at this would it not be better to keep it all seperate?

If I misunderstood then I'm sorry.

Wow, I missed that....so i guess it's solved then?

Vrogy, thanks for those needed pics, :D it shows more details in the front, Skupilkinson, theres more details after all.... :D and im sure you can get it done before you log out lol :D and oh yeah, I dont think it's a glitch, it looks not it's not.

Skupilkinson said:
Hmm, if I understand you right. The collar becomes one with the chest? All one object?

It would certainly help reduce warping when building but I see problems. That collar is joined to both the perm part('busa) and the existing under chest(Mk VI) so for that to happen, wouldn't the whole chest area need to be merged? so the 'busa and the Mk VI become one complete object? That'd mean that this would no longer be an addon to peoples existing armor like the others, it'd be an entirely seperate piece of armor.

Nah, just keep it separate from the base chest, and attached to the perm straps. If it's coincident with those areas, just make it so it'll sit flush with it, instead of attach to. No need to merge it.

Of course! That's good! So it'll still look prety much as it does now, just the collar is joined to the chestplate instead of seperate. I'm with ya.

God, I really need to build something! Maybe my lack of insight is may problem there then. Thanks very much! :D

Wait, by the way I see the 3D model (with collar), wont it be hard to put on if there are those tabs at the side? I think it will snag on the side of the standard chest cause the collar might not let you move it freely.

Well, I'm not sure about going for the tab idea now. But the collar shouldn't move at all, it should be one with the chest I think. So, your body would have the same movment except for the neck. You'd be able to move it but not the same way if you weren't wearing the 'busa perm at all.

I think I need to alter the shoulder part of the chest to go with vrogy's idea. It was a good idea, though I think the build will be tricky and complicated now I've thought about it.

I think it may be best to just model the collar and leave it as a seperate part. Leaving you guys to do with it what you will. Whatever way suits you best.

Skupilkinson said:
I think it may be best to just model the collar and leave it as a seperate part. Leaving you guys to do with it what you will. Whatever way suits you best.

I agree, freedom is what people want in armor hehe :D, at least for me lol .....

Agreed Centerside. I'll do that then. If that's the case I'm almost ready to unfold now. I'll be looking at testbuilding then after I've moved house on Saturday.

smilie120, Well I've mentioned that I'm thinking about doing the Hayabusa helmet. I'm also tempted to try and model the armor parts for that Haze character from the new PS3 game. Though I'm not really sure to be honest.

hey would you mind giving me a link to those tutorials i would like to make a higher detailed thighs

This model is coming along so nicely. I like the idea of being able to add this to a perm you already have built. And I think your on the right path right now with the neck piece. Keep up the good work man! I'll be following your stuff closely :p

-TL13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back