Hayabusa Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skupilkinson said:
I know' I've already lowered it and tilted it downward more since I uploaded the last pic. ;)

good to know, ill probabily work on some hayabusya after my current MC suit

Last edited by a moderator:
This should really be moved to the pep section- it's definitely not noob work being done here. :D

Hey! Thanks for the move! :D Does this mean I'm not a Noob anymore?

For the chest. I'm sure the modelling's all done now. I've tested it through Pep and now it's time to unfold it. ;)

Skupilkinson said:
Hey! Thanks for the move! :D Does this mean I'm not a Noob anymore?

For the chest. I'm sure the modelling's all done now. I've tested it through Pep and now it's time to unfold it. ;)

You weren't a noob in the first place!! hehe unfold time, your working fast there man, great work :D

Really? Well I'm still new when it comes to all things Halo, so expect the odd (probably stupid to you guys) questions. Just until I know enough to know what I'm talking about. LOL!

I've got a lot on today but tonight I'll have time, so I'll update later.

Thanks guys.

Well, to halo you might be noob, but for 3D modeling, definately not hehe

Updates will be awaited :D

are there plans to make other Halo models in the future?

Yeah! I like it here. :) I'm not sure what just yet but I would like to do something else "Halo" after this one. I'm just not sure what yet.

I know that the Hayabusa helmet is missing so...

I'll just see how it goes.

Thanks babe. ;) I'm glad so many here have commented how they like it.

Though I have a dilemna. Again! LOL :D It's a scaling issue for the PDO.

To ensure this is scaled to fit each persons armor, should I keep the base (MkVI) armor in the PDO? So that people can scale the perm by inputting the same height value they used for their standard Mk VI chest?

How have other guys overcome this issue with the other perms?

Oh, call me Skip guys. It's been my nickname since I was a little toddler. ;)

It does look nice, Skip.

This thread here - specifically, page 2 - has a discussion about scaling the perm pieces. vrogy and dannifood4less seem to have a decent system thought up for it, you might want to check it out.

Keep up the good work!

I know! I've not even been a member a week yet. I think it's mainly due to the fact that this perm hasn't been done yet. :)

I've had a great response here, lots of input! Thanks guys.

Skup man you are cruising with this build I can't believe the progress hah. You are really apt at using the 3d modeling software! I'm thinking it would be a good idea to leave the perm in so that people could size the busa to their specific chest plate. But this also means that people have to pay attention and keep track of their own scaling :p And also which perm you use I think will also kinda determine how people size it accordingly. With how this chest is built right now it's looking like it's modeled for just one perm...not that it would be hard to mod it so that it would fit others though. All in all you are doing an amazing job man! I can't wait to see what people do with this. I know the busa has been in demand for a while so I bet some people are ready to go crazy on this haha. Thanks again for taking the time to do this!!!

-TL13

Thanks very much! It's fun to do something a little different ya know?

I have a question. For chest armor, What's the average height when scaling in Pepakura? I know we're all different but I just need the average figure. Just to scale my pep file to work on.

@rvb4life - You wanna unfold it? I just want to check it over and unfold it myself. Make sure it is all in order. I'm not sure how things work here for pep files. I've seen various people unfold the same file. Is that the norm? Or just members trying to find better ways of unfolding armor parts?

Skupilkinson said:
I have a question. For chest armor, What's the average height when scaling in Pepakura? I know we're all different but I just need the average figure. Just to scale my pep file to work on.
That's hard to say since members here in different sizes. For the chest piece (not the chest perm), an assembled height of 45 cm is a good starting point.

Skupilkinson said:
I'm not sure how things work here for pep files. I've seen various people unfold the same file. Is that the norm? Or just members trying to find better ways of unfolding armor parts?
Lately, the trend has been to release the pdo file that is not unfolded. A few people then work on unfolding the file and then the rest of the community take their pick of whichever one they think has the best layout.

45cm? That'll do me. Just something to use for arranging the parts. Thanks. ;)

So people here model a perm of work on a mesh to add detail or whatever and then just through the mesh out there? Ok, that's a new one on me. In the papermodel community the designer just sees the project through including unfolding and then releases the model.

Is this because people can adjust, resize or alter the mesh if they need to?

Just curious really.

Ral Partha said:
Lately, the trend has been to release the pdo file that is not unfolded. A few people then work on unfolding the file and then the rest of the community take their pick of whichever one they think has the best layout.

..And that hasn't been working too well. People tend to flake off, you get terrible unfoldings, etc. I'd say unfold it yourself, make sure it's an organized, efficient layout at a largish size, a little big so people can scale down easily, and release it all ready to go. Much less fuss that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back