Hyper's Hayabusa build

Status
Not open for further replies.
No update on the armor yet, finally bought a pair of shoes to mount my boots to, so I can finally finish the boots but I have to work for the next few days so I will not have a chance to work on them till I get a day off, also waiting for some gloves I ordered like 2 weeks ago and they still haven't shown up, Im getting tired of that company and I about to request my money back, I want to strapo all of my armor but I am waiting to do it all at once so thats the hold up, I was bored for the past few nights so I pep'd out a M6D pistol, I figured it would be easier to carry around than the MA5C I working on, plus I glued magnets in it before I hardened it so I can stick it to my armor, the pics don't show it hardened, It looks the same either way, I decided after building this gun that they are a pain to pep so I probably wouldn't do it again, but it did turn out nice and straight so I can't complain to much also I hardened it with smooth cast 320, hope to post armor progress soon

pep'd M6D
DSC04464.jpg

DSC04462.jpg

DSC04467.jpg

What a tease! I was hoping for new photos of your suit! haha jk The pistol looks nice, though I can't comprehend how anyone has the patience to Pep a weapon like that! I'm making mine out of layered foamboard. Keep up the great work, looking forward to seeing how your boots turn out.

This is a complete masterpiece. My first build will be a Hayabusa, this whole thread serves as a great lesson and inspiration--if only I can achieve half of the craftsmanship you have I will be lucky!

I really would like to see how it's all coming together.

This is a complete masterpiece. My first build will be a Hayabusa, this whole thread serves as a great lesson and inspiration--if only I can achieve half of the craftsmanship you have I will be lucky!

I really would like to see how it's all coming together.

Its all done, I just need to paint the boots and add the strapping, i bought magnets yesterday for mounting on the chest piece, also im still trying to figure out how to mount the Katana, also I've been a little lazy for the past few days and have been working on my M6D pistol, but hey you just reminded me that I need to finish this, so I'll prob get the boots done today, thanks for the comment

ok dude nice nice nice nice thread this has helped me to know how to do my busa thread but what file for the helm did u use cause i got most files i just cant seem to find one thats to my liking just right but i might go ahead and use gates busa helm file but nice idea for the shoulders dude really nice but for me im doing what ithica and halogodess did for mine

ok dude nice nice nice nice thread this has helped me to know how to do my busa thread but what file for the helm did u use cause i got most files i just cant seem to find one thats to my liking just right but i might go ahead and use gates busa helm file but nice idea for the shoulders dude really nice but for me im doing what ithica and halogodess did for mine

The file I used for the helmet was by Skupilkinson, I went thru all of the helmet files and it was the closest to game accurate, the only problem with the file is that it is missing all of the little vent details, and small details all around the helmet, so I had to add all those parts in pep stage, Forgedreclaimer has made a nice model with all of the details added in the pep, it looks good and its easy to build ( I built one already) the only thing I didn't like was the front part where the mouth area is, its not flat it bows inwards which means more body work to smooth it out, if you want here's its link http://www.4shared.com/file/9ZV2idZQ...Forgedrec.html, I don't have a link for the one I used anymore but you could find it in the search just look for the smooth model, I was going to do my shoulders the way you mentioned but I didn't like how far the shoulders stuck out, but it works hope to see your build soon

I did manage to work on my boots today, got the right one mounted to my shoe just need to finish painting it, problem is that I didn't take any pics of the progress, I'll get some hopefully tomorrow, I did work on the M6D a little today also, I glued on some grip panels since the handel was smooth and plain, I just looked at a game shot of the gun and drew them out on paper and cut the shapes out of a house for sale sign, what do you guys think, I like how they look, I think im going to paint the grip area with some kind of rubber undercoating paint to simulate the rubber grip panels on the game model, but I did take pics of the gun, its about ready for paint some small details that you probably couldn't see anyways.
Thanks everyone for checking out my progress

DSC04486.jpg

DSC04485.jpg

DSC04484.jpg

I'm going to keep my eyes glued to this thread as I begin prepping my project around the end of May (finals ans such). Hope you're ready for me to bug ya all summer! ;{D

That turned out really nice. I have to eventually get around to making myself one.

Thanks man, If you build one, and it turns out anything like your armor, the thing will be epic

well done sir.
i am impressed.

Thanks man

I'm going to keep my eyes glued to this thread as I begin prepping my project around the end of May (finals ans such). Hope you're ready for me to bug ya all summer! ;{D

No problem, ask away, I'll help as much as I can

Sorry no progress, I need to get a day off, i need to finish this build I have been slacking to much lately, I did learn one thing though, If you harden a pistol with smooth cast, it pretty much becomes plastic, and not just that it also becomes airtight, so yesterday I gave it a silver basecoat, let that dry and painted the grips with a textured rubberrized spray to make it look like it has rubber grips, well I live in Florida and its hot here, i left the gun in the sun to dry and it started to expand like a ballon, it didn't damage the gun but it screwed up the rubber part of the paintjob and stretched it out so now I have to remove that mess and start over again with the painting, once the gun cooled back down it went back to its normal shape so guess I got lucky, I probably will not have any updates for a few days have to work all weekend, but hope to do a little work on the boots after work.

I have sort of an update, the other day when I attempted to paint my M6D pistol and left it out in the hot sun, I thought it escaped any damage, but I was wrong, the plastic got to hot and with it being airtight, it kind of warped the trigger frame, its not to noticable but it still drives me nuts, so as much as I didn't enjoy building it the first time, Im going to rebuild it again, but this time I know what not to do and better ways to finish it, Today I had a little time at work to give it a quick paint job just to see how it turned out, it has a just a tad bit to much shine, but I was curious how the texture on the grip would turn out, I like the results, but already started the next gun so wish me luck on this one, and here is pics of my first attempt

DSC04496.jpg

DSC04495.jpg

DSC04493.jpg

And here is a picture of the mess up Im talking about, you can see how when your facing it the trigger frame sways to the right, I tried heating it up to bend it back plus left it in the sun to heat it up but no luck, I know its hard to tell but I know its there, thats why im attempting round two with this model
DSC04494.jpg

*******Oh yeah I forgot to harden the clip/magazine thats why its still in pep********

Your crazy dude. If any weapon I had ever built looked half as nice as that.... Well I dunno what would happen ... but at least now you can have dual weild magnums, right ? ( Am I supposed to say the names of what we call them in the games , no one else seems to )

OMG, it's so EPIC my eyes are bleedin', lol. this has encouraged me to start on my armor again. can't wait to see the complete suit

Your crazy dude. If any weapon I had ever built looked half as nice as that.... Well I dunno what would happen ... but at least now you can have dual weild magnums, right ? ( Am I supposed to say the names of what we call them in the games , no one else seems to )

I know it don't look bad but for some reason it drives me nuts, I have pretty much built all of my armor and MA5C rifle, hardened with smooth cast 320 and managed to get it all straight, I did build the pistol with magnets inside and when stuck to the thigh piece you can't see the bend, I won't trash it, because it still looks cool but I will mange to get the next one straight

OMG, it's so EPIC my eyes are bleedin', lol. this has encouraged me to start on my armor again. can't wait to see the complete suit

Thanks man, hope you get your armor started up again, I'll keep an eye out

Finally got my boots mounted to the shoes, I will admit that I did not put much effort into building the boots, I figured they would get beat to death walking around in them anyways, earlier in my thread I mentioned that I made the boots a little to small, I sized them for my foot and not the shoe, so they looked a little small on the shoe, so I rebuilt them to the size of the shoe, but when on the shoes it looked like I had clown shoes on so I decided to just use the smaller set, thats why there is a big gap between the front and back, I will try and but the flexible tubing between to fill the space, I have some in place in the pic but thats just there to see how it looks, also I still need to put the velcro pieces in to hold the top part down, those pieces are just laying on for the pic I tried to get away with the 2 piece boots but I couldn't get my foot through the parts so I seperated the top part, I'll post pics of it when I mount the tabs in, couldn't do it today because I want the paint to dry more before I stick anything to it, but the good new is that this was the last part of my armor to build, all I have left to do is put the strapping in mount the Katana and Im done.........then I can finish the MA5C and the other M6D but here is a pic of the boots

DSC04501.jpg

Can't wait to see the whole suit . I have been checking constantly since I learned about the build . I didn't think the hayabusa was that cool at first but the way you made yours was inspiring . I'm Defs gonna make one ...as soon as I finish my armor ... And my cqc ... Don't expect one from me in a while ... ( not like anyone actually expects anything from me anyway.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back