Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Name: Joel
Profession: Private Security
Favorite Hobby: Video Games and power lifting
Favorite part of halo: The musical score and how they make you feel like your master chief.
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Metal Gear Solid
Other Interests: Power Lifting, watching anime, cons, concerts.
Favorite Food: Really just depends on the mood.
Favorite Finisher: KILLING SPREE!
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Favorite Movie(s):predator.
Random: I was in the Army for 8 yrs.

Name: Ashley (But I would really prefer it if people called me Ash)
Profession: Starbucks Barista
Favorite Hobby: I like playing video games, literature, and art.
Favorite Halo: 4 and Reach
Favorite part of Halo: Please don't make me answer that, I'll be here for hours.
Favorite Food: ALL OF IT
Other Interests: I'm majoring in mathematical sciences currently, but I also enjoy writing short stories and poetry. I'm kind of a History and Astronomy nut. I listen to a lot of music, and I like sleeping.

OK here I am the spartan with the most unique paint job yet!!!!
You can view t
It on BLACK PEARL PROPS in Facebook I still gotta set up my profile on here so bare with thanks
A576 stingray

Name: Andrew Walker or just Walker
Profession: Flooring Associate at The Home Depot, And father.
Favorite Hobby: Video Games, Reading, and Writing
Favorite part of halo: The Story line, And the Community.
Favorite Halo: Combat Evolved for the story, 2 for the Multiplayer.
Favorite Video Game: Halo series, Assassins Creed Series.
Other Interests: Music, Reading, writing, Paintball,
Favorite Food: Chili
Favorite Band: Linkin Park
Favorite Movie(s): Pitch Black, Dog Soldiers, From Dusk till Dawn
Other: This will be my first attempt at making this kind of stuff, i have cosplayed before just never at this level of difficulty. t

Couldve sworn i posted on here through my phone but i guess it didnt so here goes:

Name: Jimmy Moua
Profession: full time mechanical engineering student
Favorite Hobby: video games, guitars, hunting, fishing, prop building, and target shooting
Favorite part of halo: campaign
Favorite Halo: halo reach
Favorite Video Game: halo and battlefield 4
Favorite Food: Seafood
Favorite Finisher: head shots!
Favorite Band: Hillsong, Bethel, Jesus Culture
Favorite Movie(s): saving private ryan, band of brothers, we were soldiers

Name: EJ
Profession: as funny as it is I work for the government, nothing serious, I do a lot of interactions with businesses
Favorite Hobby: Video Games, Obstacle courses, Arts and crafts
Favorite part of Halo: Slayer
Favorite Halo: Halo 3
Favorite Video Game: Heavy Rain
Other Interests: Acting, Pranking, Travel, and Joking
Favorite Food:Spaghetti
Other: Dont be afraid to take risk and live life

Name: John
Profession: Part-Time Teacher teaching them the basic of Games Design to children.
Favourite Hobby: Minecraft :D Kendo, Games Design, Archery
Favourite Part of Halo: Halo ODST as it was by far one of the best Halo games, and Cortana’s story throughout Halo 3 and 4
Favourite Halo: ODST
Favourite Video Games: Mass Effect series, Minecraft, Skyrim and Halo series.
Other Interest: Story Writing, Art, Photographic, Stage Performance (aka acting)
Favourite Band: NightWish and Within Temptation
Other: Use to work as a movie extra when in college.

Name: April
Profession: none
Favorite Hobby: cosplay watching tv/movies drawing (can't choose)
Favorite part of Halo: just playing .....too bad i suck at the game no joke I fail hardcore....also red vs blu
Favorite Halo: 1
Favorite Video Game: tekken street fighter
Other Interests: I LOVE comics and movies and im really into cosplaying
Favorite Food: ribs or burgers
Favorite Finisher: Mortal Combat (what ever Sub Zero does...)
Favorite Band: Bowling for Soup
Favorite Movies: emperor's new groove, chaddy shack, meatballs, blazing saddles, saw 1-7, final destination. ALL KEVIN SMITH MOVIES
Other: umm.....I like cheese

Name: Cass
Profession: Working as a waitress to pay for school, but I have a B.Sc. Hons. Marine and Freshwater biology degree.
Favorite Hobby: Working on my cosplays.
Favorite part of halo: Being able to kill my brother even though he plays more than I do ;)
Favorite Halo: 1
Favorite Video Game: Halo, and FF7
Other Interests: Playing the piano and traveling.
Favorite Food: Steak!
Favorite Band: Too many to pick!
Other: I studied pink dolphins in Hong Kong and Taiwan for a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to talking with all of you!

i have a question that has been bugging me for a long time. I would really appreciate if someone helped me ... how would i put on the armour and keep it on so it doesn't fall off?

Name: Brendan
Favorite hobby: video games
Favorite Halo: MCC
Favorite food: anything that tastes great
Music: anything that sounds good
Other: I make really bad puns

Name: Antonio Sanchez
Profession: Computers, Engineering, and School.
Favorite Hobby: Airsoft, definitely Airsoft. And of course Pepakura :D
Favorite part of halo: The Armor
Favorite Halo: Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: Either the Mount & Blade series or the BF series.
Other Interests: Girls?
Favorite Food: Pizza, and Hamburgers.
Favorite Finisher: I don;t have one :(
Favorite Band: Coldplay
Favorite Movie(s): The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy
Other: I'm Peurto Rican

Name: Jace
Profession: Night based slave labor
Favorite Hobby: Making armor, normally out of steel though. Cosplay seems fun, and a bit more forgiving, so I am exploring it.
Favorite part of halo: Shooting aliens
Favorite Halo: 2
Favorite Video Game: Halo seems like a given
Other Interests: 3d character modelling, weapons and armor smithing, programming, cyber security, Tabletop RPGs, martial arts.
Favorite Food: Human souls
Favorite Finisher: Vanilla ice cream on a chocolate brownie, with chocolate syrup and sprinkles
Favorite Band: Metallica
Other: I just want Senpai to notice me . . .

Name: Josh Patton
Profession: Work as a Retail Cashier
Favorite Hobby: Video Games
Favorite part of halo: The parts of halo 4 where Master Chief and Cortana have the emotion connections and sad good byes.
Favorite Halo: 2
Favorite Video Game: Halo

Name: Nick Sluyter
Profession: Campus Security at Rutgers Newark
Favorite Hobby: Airsoft, rock climbing, powerlifting
Favorite Halo: ODST
Other: Recently got into cosplay, have done some really simple cloth based ones. Now its time to nut up and build some ODST armor.

-Name: Michael Manus
-Profession: currently a lot associate at Home Depot

-Favorite Hobby: well i've had many hobbies in my time but i do always seem to come right back to building and making props, i'm currently making my first set of armor and i'm loving it

-Favorite part of halo: everything!!! i'm not a huge gamer, at least not until recently, but halo has always been my favorite game

-Favorite Halo: Reach, i love them all but i'd have to say reach is my absolute favorite, i love noble team, emile especially, maybe you can figure out what my first armor project is ;)

-Favorite Video Game: like i said before, halo xD my gamer tag is PunisherEXE 117 if anyone wants to find me

-Other Interests: i'm a musician, i play guitar mainly, though i dabble in other instruments from time to time, it used to be my number 1 hobby up until recently, i put it on the back burners

-Favorite Food: sorry, favorite? theres too much good food out there to pick a favorite, though if i really had to pick one..... no, no sorry, i just can't do it

-Favorite Band: i'm a musician so thats a tough question to answer but my top picks would have to be Gojira, Megadeth, pantera, and The Aristocrats, though i like just about all kinds of music aside from rap and recent pop music

-Favorite Movie(s):anything Marvel and just about everything nerdy xD

-Other: i'm super new to cosplaying but i managed to go to dragon con this year(2014), i really enjoyed it and definitely plan to go back next year and hopefully every year from now on. i was ezio from brotherhood, i made the costume myself of course but now i'm gonna try my hand at some foam armor. i plan on starting a thread about my build, so maybe keep an eye out for it and let me know what you think.

Name: Nick
Profession: Need to know
Favorite Hobby: Martial Arts, and gaming. Other interests but in the last few years I haven't had the opportunity to indulge in them. I play a little guitar as well.
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Part of Halo: Not a super fan, it's a good game...but there are others I enjoy more.
Favorite Food: Chinese
Other Interests: Did I mention I like to play video games?
Why am I here: I've never really worn a costume. I once dressed up like a hippy for 70's day back in high school. Otherwise, I've never really worn one, Halloween is coming up and I thought it would be kind of cool to maybe make a Halo Reach costume based off of the armor that my character sports in the game. Obviously after having done some research, it may not be done until sometime next year. But at least it would be ready for Halloween then. As such, I have never built a costume on this kind of scale and I'm absolutely new to it. I'd like to build a nice that looks the way I want. It would be nice if I could actually download some files to start seeing how this whole pepakura program works, etc...but we'll see what happens. Thanks for having me, and I hope I can one day be of assistance to somebody else, as I learn things most likely the hard way. Through experience.

Name: Ryan Hooker
Where your located: North Western NC
Occupations: Full Time Student Again
About you: EMT and learning about Cosplay and Armor making
Favorite Conventions: Animazment
Fav Food: Pizza

Name: Casey
Profession: Assembler at Solar Turbines
Favorite Hobby: Video games and music!
Favorite part of halo: Multiplayer!
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: Halo/Destiny
Other Interests: I enjoy playing my guitar!
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Band: System Of Down or Red Hot Chili Peppers I can not decide
Favorite Movie(s): Anything with will ferrel, Greenstreet Hooligans, Boondocks, Pulp Fiction

Name: Rob
Profession: Freelance writer, designer and photographer
Favorite Hobby: making/building
Favorite part of halo: Forerunner geometric design language and architecture, neo-noir New Mombasa (ODST), story and worldbuilding as huge as Tolkien's, ambience and scale of halo installations (exploration!).
Favorite Halo: CE, 2, ODST. Any of those are infinitely replayable.
Favorite Video Game: Halo... I don't game much any more, but it was always Halo (after Sonic Spinball!)
Other Interests: science and engineering, electronics, outdoors/bushcraft, art
Favorite Food: Lasagne, Pizza, Mexican, Indian
Favorite Finisher: headshot or BR beatdown
Favorite Band: Tyr, Amon Amarth, Nightwish, Disturbed or The Glitch Mob, usually... It varies.
Favorite Movie(s): Man on Fire, The Matrix, Wall-E, Serenity
Other: I'm English but I live in the US, so my spellings can be variable!

I've been a lurker for a while, gathering technique info, but since I want to get a build thread up at some point, it's about time I start posting! (One down, 49 to go!)

Current build progress, Halo 4 BR85HB SR. Grip section almost complete, awaiting Bondo and some mechanism/electronics recessing.

Photo Oct 21, 9 25 53.jpg

Photo Oct 21, 9 25 53.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back