ironman mk 7 build up

Status
Not open for further replies.

propfreak

Jr Member
lots of armor planned this year and going to kick it off with my ironman mk 7 armor. complete foam build with a resin helmet!!
image10_zps7001aa63.jpe

arm_zps51cf0e22.jpg

chest_zps5dde1d41.jpe

shin_zps164aa6b8.jpe

helmet_zpse82ca7b8.jpg

build ups this year
ironman mk 7
war machine
Halo ODST ( been in the works for a year now with a local group should be casting the armor next month!!)
custom spartan

Off to a really good start. I am liking how clean your foam work is bro :)

wish I could take credit for that one im still learning how to do a clean foam build. foam parts are from another builder im just assembling and painting this one.

I did start my war machine just not much to show yet
the arc
arc_zpsaa0e73f8.jpg

also started to cut out the helmet templates so I could have that peped by the end of the week

would be happy to go over any of my painting techniques if you have specific questions let me know. my process for painting the foam is I start with coating the foam part with wood glue. I normally do 1 or 2 coats and then sand to a smooth finish. I then apply one coat of gloss mog podge from the bottle and then finish with 2 coats from the spray can. to begin painting I will then clear coat the part with my automotive clear and while the clear coat is drying spray adhesive promotor in to the clear. this will allow the paint to flex somewhat. I do spray the adhesive promotor down before the clear coat. I then prime the part ( I had problems with priming over the mog podge but this seem to fix the problem and got a smoother finish) then spray your base coat and clear while adding your adhesive promotor while both coats are drying. I went thru about 6 parts before getting things right so would suggest practicing on something if you can. hope this helps!

thanks for letting me know your process! how do you go about weathering it, like the black and the scratches? got ideas on how do it but yours is some of the most realistic ive seen, not over the top etc

For the weathering I start with a flat black in a rattle can and use a rag to wipe off most of the paint. I then use steel wool and sand paper to scuff or clean off the paint and then dry brush the silver scratches.

doc holiday from the rpf is working on building up all the foam pieces. i hoping to be getting the legs and upper torso next week and I can continue the build on my end. im working on my foam chest for my odst and when I get that part built up ill start a thread on that. that will be my first build up of a part with foam.

this is good to know! i've been using Jackiesrockin's templates for my MK7 and although I think what I've produced so far is good, its no where near the amount of awesomeness of yours, the detail for example is so much better than the file I have for it!
better go back and check out RPF again for DOC's files :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back