Killzone 2 Colonel Mael Radec WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
yo Imp, I see no excessive glue on none of your pictures what did you glue with?
Another question, after all the pep and making of the armor what clothing will you use?

hope to start my own thread soon (KZ regular foot soldier), I'll be buying card stock today

yo Imp, I see no excessive glue on none of your pictures what did you glue with?
Another question, after all the pep and making of the armor what clothing will you use?

hope to start my own thread soon (KZ regular foot soldier), I'll be buying card stock today

I used Gorilla superglue on all of the pieces, makes everything go so much quicker lol. As for the clothes, i have some ww2 german allgemeine uniform that i will modify to match the colonel's ;] my advice buy more cardstock then you need, always good to have a little extra handy incase something dosent go as planned xD

amen to that, i bought 3 packs of 150 sheets for my first project <:D probably will have some left over for *OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT* my ODST project

Last edited by a moderator:
keep up with the good work. killzone is great and so is your armor

Thanks for all of the comments, i really appreciate it ;) its been a little slow lately, i've managed to resin/fiberglass the neck piece, 3 shoulder pieces, and the respirator device. Still working on the rest and sadly i have to redo the belt due to severe warping :/ will post pics soon and thanks for watching!

Update

Alright finally got time to make a little update, most of the pieces have been resined/fiberglassed with the exception of one large shoulderpad that mega warped during the night ;( so will have to redo that one, also began to rondo for the first time on the helmet, not completely done and since its such an odd design im going to do rondo several times:

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

GetAttachmentaspx1.jpg

I would like to personally thank BenStreeper for his amazing Tutorials, they have been a tremendous help =]

GetAttachmentaspx2.jpg

Due to bad weather this project have been slowed down to a crawl, im hoping to finish this messy stage within a few more days so I can move on to the detailing (thankfully there aren't much of xD ) comments&criticism always welcomed, thanks for watching!

Update!

Got some pics to show how the project is coming along, been doing some sanding on the helmet, and its definitely starting to feel sturdy. Switched from doing Fiberglass cloth on the remaining pieces to rondo, goes a lot quicker and easier on my wallet.

Front View of Helmet:
GetAttachmentaspx3.jpg

Top View of Helmet:
GetAttachmentaspx5.jpg

Chest Piece Rondo'ed:

GetAttachmentaspx4.jpg

Any comments/ideas is welcomed, the side pieces on the helmet arent as hard as the actual helmet itself but the resin is thick enough to prevent minor damages. Dropping it would not be such a good idea lol, thanks for watching!

Hey Imperator, I hope it is not too much trouble, but would you be able to send me a copy of your killzone pepakura files, becasue I would like to do that but it is impossible to find anything, anywhere.
On the other hand your costume is looking awesome and hope it gets finished soon

Well its been an awful long break but i finally managed to sit down and start working on this project again, just added helmet padding and it works like a charm, will be moving on to spray painting it very soon once i can find the right colors, anyone have any recommendations? Thanks again!

photo109.jpg

Colonel Mael Radec Update

Got a little update on this project, still working on the helmet, i spray painted it Black to help identify flaws which there were many of lol, since this is the only piece im happy with i will most likely commission someone to make detailed pep files of the rest of the suit. Heres some pics:

photo-2.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

sorry for the poor quality, im using my iphone which is not the best camera in the world =/

I had these files commissioned by Rundown, if you wish to acquire them you would have to speak with him. hopefully this helps, as for the helmet i am still working on fixing details and looking for the proper colors ;]

A little update, so far the base paint is done, having some trouble determining what color to use to finish it off with, I added the white Logo to the visor, i think its a officer mark but i could be wrong, i also ordered some orange LED's that should arrive soon, im planning to cut out some bright orange lenses to help illuminate the eyes, stay tuned!

photo4.jpg

sorry for the poor quality, its hard to see when everything is so dark, il try to get a better picture soon ;/

Colonel Mael Radec Major Update!!!

yay major update! got tons of work done on many of the pieces, things are actually getting somewhere now and with luck i might finish before Halloween 2011 ;]

The chest Piece
photo14.jpg

The Shoulder Pads
photo16.jpg

photo15.jpg

The Belt and The Military Insignia
photo13.jpg

and last but not least the Neck piece:
Left side
photo10.jpg

Right side
photo11.jpg

soon i will start with the armband and the rest of the fabrics, comments and critique on the progress is welcomed! ;]

how do i get in contact with him because ive been dying to build this helmet. Its such a good looking helmet, yours is coming along really good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back