Making a Brute Shot? Projectiles and Pizazz

Marimba

Hello! I'm just starting out on building parts and props for my own armor, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to make a semi-working brute shot? I have the Pepakura files for a build, and am working on collecting enough materials, but I'd like some extra pizazz. I was wondering if anyone had a good reference for the actual grenades it launches so I could make some soft ones to load into the barrel and/or how to install a spring mechanism to launch them?

The projectiles don't look like anything special

1691529299788.png

Reference from Jovokada Workshop Death Lobber - Weapon - Halopedia, the Halo wiki

While I think it could be really cool to incorporate a spring mechanism, be careful about making anything that fires a projectile (regardless of how hard it fires or what it fires). I know most conventions would probably not allow something like that in.

The projectiles don't look like anything special

View attachment 334360

Reference from Jovokada Workshop Death Lobber - Weapon - Halopedia, the Halo wiki

While I think it could be really cool to incorporate a spring mechanism, be careful about making anything that fires a projectile (regardless of how hard it fires or what it fires). I know most conventions would probably not allow something like that in.
Ooh- I could totally knit like three or so of those guys! Thank you for the reference! It'd be a lot of fun and I'd only want a short range of about four or five feet, but you're right. Worst case scenario I leave my weapon in the car at any cons I go to, or get a lock to prevent it from firing to put other con-goers at ease (y)

This thread is more than 8 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back