Mark VI Armor by Bexi

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Good lord, how many armours are you build at once! =P
Now I feel incredibly slack for barely working on my Jorge for so long..."

Yeah. What he said!!!!!

Bexi you must be the go-to-girl in Rochester for Halo costuming! Nice fast work.

I have such skinny arms this huge dude armor doesn't work quite right lol.
Yeah, I've noticed that is a problem for us chic armor builders. XD For my shoulder piece, I actually used 2 different files and modified it to fit my arm better so I didn't have tons of extra space. Hopefully you can get everything to work out good for you too. :)

you could try to cut some of the shoulder. (bring the bicep piece back somewhat)
this is what I did to mine because it was a lil large(due to ma scaling failz) :p

tada.png

Aaaaaand update! I got my left thigh done (by crackhead09)… I’m not 100% happy with it so I may remake it. But we’ll see.

100_3624.jpg

100_3626.jpg

100_3617.jpg

Here's me trying on my bf's super huge marine helmet. I have a tiny head apparently :p

"Good lord, how many armours are you build at once! =P
Now I feel incredibly slack for barely working on my Jorge for so long..."

Yeah. What he said!!!!!

Bexi you must be the go-to-girl in Rochester for Halo costuming! Nice fast work.

The other stuff is all teamwork- I can’t take total credit ;) Me, my bf (Lutz here on the forums) and our buddy Wilson have been getting together a few times a week to pep. Together we’re making my Mark VI, a halo 3 marine, and a Mark V Master Chief. I’m helping them with their builds but I’m a little overprotective so I won’t really let them touch mine…

This past week I had a couple of days free so I resined and glassed a ton :) I have a lot of painting experience so it goes really fast for me.

I should totally start a costuming group though. That would make me feel epic. :p

you could try to cut some of the shoulder. (bring the bicep piece back somewhat)
this is what I did to mine because it was a lil large(due to ma scaling failz) :p

That’s pretty close to how I trimmed my down lol. It worked really well. The folds ended up lining up great! It really brought the bicep piece in more snugly. (Is that a word?... it made it more snug...)

Have a happy easter everybody! It's my last day off before I go back to school (dang it). This week I have a bunch of exams... so lots of studying and not much halo-ing. :( I'll be back soon I promise!

It looks like you may want to scale the thigh up a little kinda looks small, but everything is looking good so far keep it going

It looks like you may want to scale the thigh up a little kinda looks small, but everything is looking good so far keep it going

I'm working on scaling it up right now :)

Update! 5-13-11, I just finished my last final! School has super kicked my butt this semester. So I'll have a few weeks of relative freedom to pep before I start my next big project- the joining the fire department! Until then, pepakura frenzy! I'm sad that I've slowed down so much but school got waaaaay crazy at the end. I'll probably have pics tonight of my resized thigh and maybe a shin. :)

ok... update again (4 hours later...) thigh was a bust. I sized it up an inch... defiantly not enough. It doesn't look any different. Boo! Shin's done... but I'm worried I made that too small as well. Though I may just be being a paranoid over-thinker. I can't fit my foot through the ankle hole very well... and won't be able to at all once it's hardened... do some people spit it or something? Gosh darn it all!

Here's the shin... with my second too small thigh:

100_3790.jpg

And yes, that is the beginnings of my undersuit brought to you by pvc/spandax.

For the scale on your thigh, you have the bottom in the right place, and the top needs to come up to just below your hip bone, so I would say you probably need like another two inches in height yet.

Woot! After an epic 4 failed thighs, I finally have a successful end product. Gah, I don't know why I had so many issues scaling this thing. I started too small, then I sized it up and inch... still too small... so I added another 2 inches, this resulted in a thigh that was so big it went down over my knee. However, after tons of that malarky, I'm finally pleased :)

100_3824.jpg

very nice bexi. i need to get back to working on mine, thank you for the inspiration

Congrats!
Your thigh looks correctly scaled.
Very well done Bexi!

BTW: I like the material of your undersuit. What is it made of?

Cheers!

Yup, looks properly scaled now! The front middle piece on the codpiece looks a little short and squat. Did you modify it, or is it an optical illusion?

I think ... I ... falling in Love :D
just a joke ... nice to see girls do stuff like building an halo armor*Girls rulez*
I´m just a noob but i think you do great work on the armor ... and so fast o_O

i need to show this thread to my gf! i keep running the idea by her to build her own armor. maybe this will spark more of an interest!! :) looking good Bexi! i know how the scaling frustration goes, i pepped 3 biceps, 2 shins, 2 thighs and 1 3/4 helmets on my current reach build before i got them right. Stoked to see your build progress!

Congrats!
Your thigh looks correctly scaled.
Very well done Bexi!

BTW: I like the material of your undersuit. What is it made of?

Cheers!
Thanks! The material is spandax/pvc. It’s very nice and stretchy but sort of has the look of leather. Eventually I’m going to be adding some foam “plating” here and there to make it look a little more accurate.

Yup, looks properly scaled now! The front middle piece on the codpiece looks a little short and squat. Did you modify it, or is it an optical illusion?

No optical illusion, I made the female version I found posted by Halogoddess which is a modified version of Crackhead’s I believe. It’s made to be a little shorter and rounder for those of us who lack man parts.

i need to show this thread to my gf! i keep running the idea by her to build her own armor. maybe this will spark more of an interest!! :) looking good Bexi! i know how the scaling frustration goes, i pepped 3 biceps, 2 shins, 2 thighs and 1 3/4 helmets on my current reach build before i got them right. Stoked to see your build progress!

Oh I know! Some things are simple to pep others are a pain, I did 3 helmets before I got it right, 2 forearms, I’m going to have to redo my shin, and my thigh well… that was just a long painful experience. The only things that were perfect the first time were the handplates and the shoulders. Tell you gf to go for it! I wish more of my girl friends were interested in this stuff.

UPDATE! aka I love pictures! I'm a very visual person :p

100_3829.jpg

100_3828.jpg

Rescaled my shin and it is perfect! Now I just need to figure out which shoes to sacrifice to this costume :) Then I pep my right side, then we pray for monsoon season to end so I can resin and rondo the bejeesus out of my stuff!

UPDATE AGAIN!

Spend my post work brief period of sunshine rondoing the pieces I had ready to go including my helmet (wooooot!!!), left shoulder, and handplates. I have to say, using rondo is delightful. My plan is to do a layer of rondo, then fiberglass some areas that may need additional reinforcement. Now it's going to rain for a few days so I'm hoping to get my right shin and thigh pepped (after some computer troubles which have hopefully been resolved).

Update x a bunch :)

My helmet is all set to be bondoed. Super excited! I've started hardening my chest piece and I'm about halfway done pepping my right shin and thigh. Thanks to a nice weather spree I've gotten a bunch done this week! No pics atm because I can't find my camera cable, but I've also started a template for the stomach of my under suit. I'm trying base it a little off of Chief, and a little off some artist's interpretations of MK VI armor. The goal is a well-rounded, semi-accurate, comfortable under armor which is also comfertable and slightly breathable.

Hello 405th!

Update time.

I’ve completed pepping my entire lower body except the right boot and a new codpiece. I managed to sort of glue the cod back together for these pieces… but it is a loss. Shortly before I took these pictures, I set the cod on the table while I got out the other pieces, My kitty tore off one of the side buckle things and then dragged the whole belt through the apartment. It was both funny and tragic to watch. Lesson learned. Muzzle the cat.

100_3987.jpg

This picture shows some of the damage done… and the offending kitteh.

100_3994.jpg

Rear view.

100_3996.jpg

Side.

The resin on the thigh and shin is funny colored because I ran out of liquid hardener so I used the bondo cream hardner instead. I worked great, just turned it a rusty color. I may actually continue to use the cream hardener. It made the resin a bit grittier and it seemed to stick waaaaay better with fewer drippys.

I’m going to begin construction of a new chest piece soon. Unfortunately the old one got warped when I resined it. It was already a tight fit and the warping made it too small. This was me trying it on after I split it… if I don’t pad it or plan to breathe it might be ok…
Scaling up and trying again. :(

upload1.jpg

Also, you may note my super haircut! I donated 10 inches so I’ve got a short new ‘do that means more room for padding in the helmet :)

Resining, fiberglassing, and rondoing are also completed in varying stages across the entire suit. I’ve got the visor cut out of my helmet and I’m going to get stated bonding soon :)

I apologize for the double post, but this was too much to fit in an update in my old one. Anywhoo- keep in touch!

Looking pretty good. I never would have thought to use bondo hardener. That also looks good as an undersuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back