Mass Effect N7 Pepakura Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to know if you could pass along your pep files for the suit. I've found the sets for making a foam set, but I think some parts are just better if they don't smoosh. By the way you should check out http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...d-and-this-is-my-favorite-thread-on-the-405th. He's working on the Kestrel armor and an omni blade that looks great.

I agree, I think that pep'ed props always have more detail and accuracy than foam, but foam sure can look awesome! Plus, It takes a heck of a lot less time from the looks of it. I saw that post a while back and yes, Nik Nak is amazing with his work, everything he touches seems to turn to gold!

Here is the file I used for my suit. http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/36186-N7-Pep-Armour-Unfolded.

Thanks for the hookup. Looking forward to seeing the finished project. Now I just need to see if I can find a model of some of the helmets from the multi-player mode.

I looks amazing. Im trying to get back into peping but I just haven't hsd the money. Hopfully I can start back soon and one of the projects I wanna do is N7 armor.

I started on the breather helm this past weekend I'm worried that there are no supports in it and I,m worried it will warp when I try to resin it. Any ideas? nice job so far can't wait to see this one move onward.

Omni Blade Mini Update

So Its been a while since I last updated this, sorry for the lack of info, but getting married, and work (and a side project, pic below) have really made it tough to keep at it. So here goes...

Well since I currently live in an apartment building, It has really been tough to sand my work after the bondo phase. The actual resin and bondo work arent too much of a problem, I just do it out back of my building and wait for it to cure, but the sanding work is more of a problem since my sander needs a plug in and people don't exactly enjoy the noise (who would'a thought? haha). So I came up with a solution by building a containment chamber. It is basically a crappier (and cheaper) version of a sandblasting box, and since I'm not actually sandblasting it works great. It lets me sand indoors, avoid a huge mess, and keeps the volume down by letting me sand in the house. I used a single sheet of plywood ($15), some hinges ($2), 5 door latching hooks ($3), a sheet of acrylic (+/- $15), small brackets ($5), long sleeve gardening gloves ($13), plumbing attachments (to mount gloves, sorry I honestly just wandered around Ace hardware until I found something so I have no idea what they are called) and misc supplies (screws, great stuff foam, sealing tape, rubber strips etc...)
2012-08-02_14-55-53_306.jpg

2012-08-02_14-56-14_24.jpg

And there we have it. If anyone would like more detailed info I would be happy to share how I put it together, I just wanted to post it in case anyone else has similar problems and could use such a box.

As for the omni blade...
I have it fairly well resided and bondo'ed, now im still smoothing everything out. Since they are a bunch of fairly small pieces, I found that I couldn't really fiberglass them (as stated in previous posts), so the blade and rotating "cogs" are pretty much entirely resin, while the arm piece is coated with thick layers or resin inside, but still hollow. Here is what I have done.
2012-08-02_14-25-36_102.jpg

2012-08-02_14-26-16_827.jpg

2012-08-02_14-22-44_636.jpg

The Armor
Have the back of the chest piece bondo'ed and still sanding it down, I'm still trying to get the front plate down and smooth, but running into a bunch of problems, namely my lack of still applying bondo in a smooth manner... But rest assured, I'll post pics as it comes together.

Hope you like what I have.

I started on the breather helm this past weekend I'm worried that there are no supports in it and I,m worried it will warp when I try to resin it. Any ideas? nice job so far can't wait to see this one move onward.

Well to be honest I'm no expert at this but I might try making your own supports by folding sheets of cardstock into tube like triangles and cutting to size, then attaching them along the interior axis(s) of the helm. Sorry if that doesn't help you out much...

It does help a bit. Are there no pep files of the breather helm with supports? could you pm me the dimensions for your sanding booth might try making one. I've got 3 kids and resin and bondo dust isn't good for them.

I was thinking about something today the breather helm I have is open in the front. Is yours or is it closed?
(Is it still a double post if its a day apart?)

I was thinking about something today the breather helm I have is open in the front. Is yours or is it closed?
(Is it still a double post if its a day apart?)

Ha I think you are in the clear. Im actually going helmetless for this build, sorry.

Edit: but if I was making a helm.... I would make a breather-less one with the breather attachment made separately. Pretty sure it would be easy to attach the breather apparatus via velcro pads to make it interchangeable... Just an idea.

Ha I think you are in the clear. Im actually going helmetless for this build, sorry.

Edit: but if I was making a helm.... I would make a breather-less one with the breather attachment made separately. Pretty sure it would be easy to attach the breather apparatus via velcro pads to make it interchangeable... Just an idea.

That's a great idea I was actually thinking last night about making it so the lens and front that makes it "open or closed" could come off. i just need to figure out how to make the breather piece.
P.S. I keep forgetting to say this but CONGRATS ON GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S.S I don't know who did this file but its the breather helm closed. if you want it...http://www.4shared.com/file/UygWGWT_/ME2_N7Armor_Helmet.html. took some searching to find.

Haha thanks man, I appreciate it. Its pretty awesome to find someone who lets and encourages you to do these projects!

Good find, might use it. I'm thinking of doing an recon hood myself, I love that helmet.

Haha thanks man, I appreciate it. Its pretty awesome to find someone who lets and encourages you to do these projects!

Good find, might use it. I'm thinking of doing an recon hood myself, I love that helmet.

I know what you mean my wife supports this hobby too she just thinks I'm an uber-nerd for this lmao(OK so it's true but that just means there are a total of 80,687 people that are too). The recon hood looks like it would be easy too do with some foam and led strips. When can we expect another update....soon I hope:)

The chest plate is coming along great. Slow, but great. Getting it pretty smooth with filler primer and fine grit sand paper. Here it is
primedchest.jpg

Still some work to be done but it is coming. Collar/back will be the next piece to be done, hope I can get it done a bit quicker, I'm getting better with bondo and so Im hoping so!

Oh pleese explain what are the difference from the pdo linked a flew post ago :)

Mostly subtle differences. Lower chest is a little more divided, shoulders are the most noticeable part, as well as forearms.

Edit:
Illy coffé? Do you say the fabric is in my city? And the owner is from my city? XD
Ha I was confused at first but I realized what you mean now, I used the used up tins to prop up my suit. Been drinking it for years, great stuff. That's awesome man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back