Mass Effect N7 Pepakura Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

Well this week has been a good week for my work on this project, but Ill be unable to work on it over the weekend so before I leave I thought I would share what I have done thus far. Please excuse the terrible pics

I have gotten the collar piece pretty well close to finished. The top section with with the groove still needs to be filled in and re-cut but i'm getting there! It is attached to the the chest with velcro, but I will need to sew the strips on since the chest is actually quite a bit heavier than the adhesive backing of the velcro will tolerate, hope fully I can do this quickly when I get back.
photobucket-497-1345690180116.jpg

photobucket-17115-1345750218184.jpg

photobucket-11591-1345750961043.jpg

Also, the shoulders are coming along very nicely. They look huge but I guess that's how they work. I switched out the Me2 shoulders for ME3 shoulders (using the pep file I unfolded) but the under plates still seem to be the same for both versions, and they work well.
photobucket-22247-1345750989310.jpg

photobucket-12715-1345750291340.jpg

And everything I have almost done
photobucket-18533-1345750175015.jpg

Hope everyone likes it.

Hey, was just looking up N7 armor builds, and I find most of them to be foam... Yours is looking great though and coming along well, hopefully when I get around to doing a ME suit it'll look half as good as yours ;)

Hey, was just looking up N7 armor builds, and I find most of them to be foam... Yours is looking great though and coming along well, hopefully when I get around to doing a ME suit it'll look half as good as yours ;)

Ha! no way man anyone could make one as well as mine, I bet you can do some great work if you put your mind to it! But thanks for the compliment! Honestly I'm not impressed with my own work haha, but next pep/suit I do will go much smoother because of how much I have learned from working on this.

Progress is lookin good. Been waiting on an update for a while now lol. :p How has the sanding booth working out for you?

Thanks man, yeah I know I don't work the fastest haha, but with college starting again in a bit Ill have a few more hours a week to work on this so maybe I'll be able to pick up the pace! The box has been a god sent, honestly its really awesome to just be able to sand whenever I want, not having to drag everything around and stuff. Just put in the piece and close the hatch. Even better since I have a decent sander my wife bought me. Got the black and decker mouse sander, which works really well for detail work. Before I was using a quarter sheet sander and for whatever reason it just wasn't working for crap, but this new little buddy seems to work really well.

I've wanted one of those for the sword rack i need to finish. I haven't had the time or money to build mine yet. If you ever make it out to the Richmond, Virginia area for any reason we need to get together I don't know why you would be out here but if you are just saying lol :p

I've wanted one of those for the sword rack i need to finish. I haven't had the time or money to build mine yet. If you ever make it out to the Richmond, Virginia area for any reason we need to get together I don't know why you would be out here but if you are just saying lol :p

Yeah just gotta make stuff as money permits, sucks having to wait because you already blew the "Crap I don't need but want to work on anyway" budget. Haha will do man, same goes for yourself, even though there is even less going on in this state haha!

Yeah just gotta make stuff as money permits, sucks having to wait because you already blew the "Crap I don't need but want to work on anyway" budget. Haha will do man, same goes for yourself, even though there is even less going on in this state haha!

I don't really have a budget lol. but yea I need to stop blowing money on crap and more on my projects. I will if I make it to South Dakota.

Glad to see some more updates on this... dang, I just realized that I haven't updated the Juggy in almost a month... that's going to need to change eh? Wonderful progress so far man, can't wait to see the next update, and I just saw your face in the picture, looks like you could pull off a Shep' easily :D

Glad to see some more updates on this... dang, I just realized that I haven't updated the Juggy in almost a month... that's going to need to change eh? Wonderful progress so far man, can't wait to see the next update, and I just saw your face in the picture, looks like you could pull off a Shep' easily :D

Thanks man, I'm finally getting to spend more time on this so hopefully more in the pipeline! Yeah I noticed its been a while since I last saw a jugg update, you used to be absolutely flying on that project haha, but Im sure everyone here understands how that goes! Real life gets in the way at times.

HA! i'm not nearly ripped up enough to be a shep but hey, if I buzz my head and keep some stuble who knows haha!

Got a bit to update.

I'm starting to put the chest together now. I'm reasonably happy with the back section so I figure I'll start assembling what I have. It all comes apart so if I have spots that need fixing (which I do) I can still easily get them taken care of. I find that as I get more done, the better it looks, the better it looks the more excited I get, the more excited I get the more I feel like getting done... So strapping this together is kinda like a mental reward for me, it keeps me motivated!

A while back I cut the back into pieces to help make it easier to wok on and fit into. Now that I have them pretty well along I'm attaching them back together using elastic strapping to keep tension on them (keeping them flush against me).
I drilled tiny holes to sew on the elastic.
7898193322_7df92c42ca.jpg
Default title upload by motoblur by Admiral Tiberius, on Flickr

And then leaned to sew...kinda...
7898194512_cc1dd415d2.jpg
7898195668_ce2ae504a5.jpg

After obtaining some strapping, I measured out how much it would take to go over the shoulder then loop back on itself so I could sew Velcro pads onto it. Unfortunately I'm retarded and somehow ended up with twice as much webbing so I had to resew it... At this point I gave up.... The super strength adhesive backing on the Velcro meant it took hours to get a single patch sewn on so I'm going to wait and use a machine. In the meantime I used staples as a temporary "tack" so I can still assemble this. Here is what I got done. The sections attached to the breast plate are just sewn to the nobs at the top of the piece, then you might be able to make out the fuzzy section of Velcro and the hook section at the end of the webbing.
7898196746_ce00cb8e75.jpg

It was at about this time I realized I really should take care of all the loose fiberglass and general crappy look of the interior, so I slushed some rondo around, which really helped with the next step.
7898197852_7c633dab1b.jpg

Which was to install foam padding. I cut out sections of some really low density foam and, again, used adhesive Velcro sections to place the pads. This also enables the padding to be removed, which is a bonus.
7898198924_9f39a42614.jpg

And more foam on the back and collar area.... Nice and comfy.
7898200626_100c313803.jpg

So.... Sorry about being shirtless... I didn't realize till my wife already snapped the pic and went to sleep.... But never the less here it is. Pretty cool right?
7898201790_a7e93caf4a.jpg

Still need to attach the sides but I'm still debating how I want to do that
7898202914_fc896de9c8.jpg

Update
Been working on the shoulder guards, figuring out a way to keep them attached but still mobile enough to move my arms. Connected the tabs on the collar to the under plate of the shoulder guards.

7924065878_62e7d84813.jpg

And used some metal brackets I found in the hardware section of the local Wal Mart to attach the upper plate to the lower plate.

7924068492_0ff30b3743.jpg

I sewed it to the plate with the nylon webbing.

7924070882_cea58b2b4d.jpg

Then I installed some padding and added a strap of webbing with velcro attached to it so keep the arm inside the guard even when moving.

7924073462_039d5eccc6.jpg

And here it is.

7924076156_7342ae4670.jpg

7924078706_f8bbd48444.jpg

The suit isn't on perfectly but you get the idea.

Well at the time of the photo I figured I would just leave it, however my wife pointed out that it could easily be threaded through the inside instead of out so Ill probably do something like that.

Thanks squiddy. And yeah it feels large but the thing is the game model itself is pretty large. One problem I'm noticing is that the game model has the ability to "cheat" and let the arms clip through the sides of the torso armor... so I can't really keep my arms down but oh well. Might fix that after I get the whole thing done.

Not sure if this warrants an "update" status but it's been a while so here goes.

I recently started cutting the details into the chest piece with me dremel tool. Free handed it with a disk cutter and have to say... I'm supprised it turned out as well as it did. What you can't see is all the bondo spot putty I used to fix over cutting flaws but meh, can't help that.
8054800416_6405f83059.jpg

And painted glossy black. Still looking for a good carbon fiber stencil, if anyone knows of a good place to find one that would be awesome.
8054799668_e76e93b7f0.jpg

And sorry for no progress pics of my omni blade... But it also just got the last coats of spray paint. And well... All I have left is to learn the art of casting and I'll be set! Honestly no idea if I'm up for it.
8054801080_1746109b58.jpg

8054802058_56b86e3022.jpg

Sorry for not so perfect pics, but you get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back