My First GOW Carmine build!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks Pimp (Like you said GOW FTW!..lol) Are you going to be installing lights?

thanks Mrs. Blue, yep you can't have a COG armor without the lights!! keep up with the build im looking forward to it thumbsup!!!

Someone on the gow pep file thread just directed me here. are you doing all your templates from scratch? i too am attempting a carmine build, but i have been altering pep files to make the foam templates. let me tell you its a pain in the friggin balls. haha. I can't wait to see this all painted up. Hope mine comes out as awesome as yours is. I pm'd IronMonger but just incase he doesnt get back to me, Could you share those boot templates, if you still have them?

yea i made all my templates from scratch, this way i know it'll fit right, due to my build. Yea PM your email i will be glad to to send you the files (thanks IM!) glad to see your doing a "carmine" build also, good luck!!! looking forward to seeing it...

almost finished the leds still need to add to the other side
front view

back view

now if only I can figure out how to do the eyes!!!! hahahaha

I don't know if it will work but I planned on doing two lenses per eye and putting LEDs in the foam underneath and in between the lenses. That way it should (or at least does in my head) illuminate the lenses. I think the two lenses should keep the light sort of sandwiched between them, and maybe minimize any glare into your eyes. What kind of led's and power source are you using?

ok so I am basically done minus paint and a few touch-ups... My carmine build is properly 80% accurate... I plan on building another suit eventually, but will probably start on a N7 armor or a War Machine... heres the update hope you enjoy

added a few things to the back

re-did my hand and forearm guards

eyes

added a fan to the front and back of the helmet, (only place it will fit) i plan on wearing this for halloween all night. Still deciding to keep the 4 leds or not, they do help light the ground though!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the eyes didn't turn out the way I wanted, but my next helmet i will get it more accurate.

Ill post pics of the suit on me tommorrow during the day i hope

I have no idea what this is, but I LIKE IT!!!! LOL!!! Looks really good. Love the detail that you got out of the foam work. A+++ :p

Wowser! You have done well friend. Malware kept me away to come back to this! Progressed heaps far. Good work with electronics. That was always an annoying thing for me. Check out my Cosplay Evolved Comp Video to those Carmine fans!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wowser! You have done well friend. Malware kept me away to come back to this! Progressed heaps far. Good work with electronics. That was always an annoying thing for me. Check out my Cosplay Evolved Comp Video to those Carmine fans!

holy crap!!! that was freaking awesome man!! hahahah love the clip and thanks for the compliment man, took me longer then i thought... but now i can finally paint i will try to seal it this weekend, and hopefully paint a few things

Last edited by a moderator:
small update got everything sealed and primed... I went with PVA and water mix for sealing.

armor and guard sealing

sealed!!!

primed...

painted..

I still need to paint boots and belts... once thats done i will go over with acrylics and add more coloring and weathering to the parts

this is your FIRST time working with foam?! This is insane! ! Its turned out amazing so far and I cannot wait to see it all on.

What are you using to carve out those details by the way??

thanks for the compliment guys, its compliments like that, that drives me to finish it.

this is your FIRST time working with foam?! This is insane! ! Its turned out amazing so far and I cannot wait to see it all on.

What are you using to carve out those details by the way??

yes this is my first time, as you can see the pieces i cut aren't as clean i wanted them to be, but i guess that comes with trial and error.

for the details I used a variety of wood burning attachment tips, I basically just burned the details into the foam,I tried to use the dremel with different tips but couldn't get it right.

UPDATE PAINT AND WEATHERING!!!!!
first time doing this and i really enjoyed it, acrylic paint is pretty fun to work with. I still have to do another layer of weathering to really get that dark feel. Hope you guys enjoy, if anyone has tips please let me know thanks.

heres a side by side shot of the difference

i am about 90% done with my build, i need to go over it and put in all the small detail and alil bit more color and BAM ready for halloween!!!! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back