My Halo 2 style ODST build (Pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there all
I have been getting a lot of work done just very here and there at the moment. The MA5c is currently sanded down and about to start bondo-ing it. Got my right arm piece almost done just have to age it. Damn those days when things don't work out like you expect. Sometimes can turn out looking just as good if not better.

1305429_4678094050343_120055518_n_zps8f9abc39.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

here we are the right arm piece is done just need to put the straps on.

1233404_4678091770286_1494325102_n_zpsc7bd2f46.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1176242_4678092330300_1619469992_n_zps0cb617a2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
1175249_4678091330275_569625994_n_zps4ffbf8da.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

time to start bondo-ing. its that time to clean my work bench of all the wood scraps and sawdust. should have some work done on the gun in the next 3 days and work on the other arm.

OK here is a update for this week I have been working away on seeing what I can push myself to achieve. Some ups and downs

leftarmfinished_zpse4d545a3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I'm not sure how I feel about this piece it is done of course thats a low defination ODST Symbol battle torn. It works for the time being might revisit it after I am done.
botharmsfinished_zps8ea23d4a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Both arms together. for the most part I am happy when seeing them together.

Now my progress on the MA5c.
frontofassaultriffletopbondo-ed_zps6af3e9ce.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
[URL=http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/aiakoswow/media/Weapons/MA5c/assaultriflebuildbondoinworks_zps8011037d.jpg.html]
[ATTACH=full]186307[/ATTACH][/URL]
I am pretty happy with this. The progress I am seeing in my bondo work it the top Cowl area. Shocked me the rest i Have just started working on

Attachments

• assaultriflebuildbondoinworks_zps8011037d.jpg
    assaultriflebuildbondoinworks_zps8011037d.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 120
So this is the day finished the build for the helmet all the pieces of armor I'm actually building for this suit are now Done. Im so happy and excited. Now its buying the the tactical gear to go with it.

IMAG0157_zps397f190d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0158_zps6842bb65.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0159_zpsc87c38a5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

in the next week i will be working on the strapping and padding 5

Love the helmet! It turned out really well. The assault rifle is coming along nicely too.

one last thing decided to lay everything out. and see how it looked.
IMAG0161_zps3f6baf49.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So I am not getting to getting everything wearable. In the next couple days being my days off. I will be posting a few updates showing my progress. I plan on going to a con in a week and a half. This will be the first time im in a nearly complete costume. I will be missing. BDU jacket, Tactical belt, Leg pouch and Leg holster. But i don't think thats to major for a test run.
IMAG01661_zpsc117c29f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It's interesting that you chose to build an assault rifle for a Halo 2 style ODST, considering the assault rifle did not make an appearance in Halo 2. :p

The paint job on the helmet came out great! This is coming along nicely. Keep it up!

I know its not in halo 2 but, It has 2 points. 1. I hoping to build a prop armory and it was the first one i chose to do luck of the draw first plans i found and so on.
2. Its in halo 3 and Halo 3 odst. so lore wise even if its not in the 2 you can assume those arms were not allocated to that area. I know it a stretch but that's my excuse lol

Well, yeah. It's not like the UNSC stopped using it for a few months, then decided to start using it again. That remark was more of a joke than anything.

ya it was a joke pulling a lore relevant explanation. but my next weapons will be a Sniper and a M6c. The plan is to make a scratch build a holster like Forge's and attaching it to a Tacitcal leg holsters strapping.

Ok I got suckered into a deal with a friend so as I finish pepping the gear for his suit tonight. Here is the gloves im using for my suit. Simple Half fingered paintball gloves which i detailed to fit into my suit even better

IMAG0168_zps7d67614f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ok so while I try to put some money together to buy my tactical gear and bdu jacket. I have finished my first gun build ever. I see the faults but I am really proud over completing it. I have been busy pepping other random stuff. A collection of helmets have been pepped and resined waiting for bondo. I might put a "in the meanwhile" picture up soon showing this collection but here is my completed MA5c
IMAG0174_zpsa2918a21.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Instead of buying a BDU jacket, can I recommend a combat shirt instead? They're made specifically for the military to be worn under tactical gear and can be bought at Military surplus stores, if not in store then online. They still have the camouflage sleeves, but the body of the shirt is lighter, cooler and wicks away moisture and has a mock turtleneck collar that'll fit better under your armor. As someone who's had to wear a full set of BDU's, I can tell you that they're hot and do NOT breathe (the navy ones at least).

I've got one on order from GI Joe's Military Surplus for the Halo Marine build I'm doing concurrently with my Mark IV build.

https://www.gijoesmilitarysurplus.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=667_923

Also, I think your weathering might be a tad excessive. Think about the kind of wear and tear that armor might experience from being used on a battlefield. That means mud on the boots and wear on the knees, the elbows, and probably the knuckles. How do you behave, act and move on a daily basis? If you like to lean on walls, they'll be some scraping on the higher points of the back. If you spend a lot of time crawling through the mud, what parts are going to be scraped over rock and debris while you crawl? How much battle has your armor seen and have you recently taken any damage under fire?

Sometimes, less can be more.

Ok So my build isn't dead. Just took alittle nap. You know that problem when your job decides to cut hours LMAO.... Anyways I picked up some of finial pieces Now its getting everything cleaned up and coming together.

Here goes some updates from a try on I did. Its not all there but its getting there.

KIMG0278_zpsb164781d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
KIMG0276_zps40fad588.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back