My Ironman MK VI Foam Build update 26/7/2012 Hands Painted Weathered and lights on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok ive been looking at my pics and really dont like how the back looks because im a big guy i think it makes the back look really small so ive had a re-model ive added extra panels to the sides and i think the gap behind the neck was missing something so ive added an extra panel there as well see what you think

BEFORE

DSCF0099-1.jpg

AFTER

c4839cd0.jpg

BEFORE

DSCF0100-1.jpg

AFTER

af10d3b1.jpg

BEFORE

DSCF0101-1.jpg

AFTER

de8eb9f3.jpg

Hi guys just got a small update, After getting told off by my girlfriend for being lazy with my iron man gloves and spoiling all my hard work by just using paint ball glove painted the same colour as the suit with a light glued on the front i decided to take the plunge and make some proper hand thanks the the files from j0wE and Stealth i think they look ok alot better than my old ones anyway lol, I just need to seal them now and give them a coat of paint.

see what you think......

ffb8d003.jpg

ec5a69b6.jpg

This looks unreal. Good work with the foam. I'm trying to get an suit together, but I'm having difficulty scaling the pieces...even with a few tutorials I've checked out as most of them are for Halo armour. Think you could help me out a bit?

This looks unreal. Good work with the foam. I'm trying to get an suit together, but I'm having difficulty scaling the pieces...even with a few tutorials I've checked out as most of them are for Halo armour. Think you could help me out a bit?
i didnt scale nothing i just made it as standard to what it was set as all i changed was added 10% to the helmet

Just a quick update had time today to paint the hands and Weather them and add the lights in the middle see what you think...

3926a482.jpg

538fa990.jpg

Looks fantastic!!! You really did a good job. I only skimmed most of this looking at pictures, but I'll have to go and look more closely. I love the weathering on the paint job, and it's fascinating to see it made of foam. Very interesting!

Gloves look good, too! How is your mobility/heat in it, now that it's more finished? I'm curious of if you can sit or not, too. I saw it mentioned earlier but at the time you didn't know. :) Great work!

The attention to detail is brilliant and the addition of the mods is worked in flawlessly, that is genuinely one of the best suits i've seen so far. I tip my hat to you sir. :)

Looks fantastic!!! You really did a good job. I only skimmed most of this looking at pictures, but I'll have to go and look more closely. I love the weathering on the paint job, and it's fascinating to see it made of foam. Very interesting!

Gloves look good, too! How is your mobility/heat in it, now that it's more finished? I'm curious of if you can sit or not, too. I saw it mentioned earlier but at the time you didn't know. :) Great work!
Mobility isn't great and it is very hot specially with the helmet on so Ive taken the plunge and cut the face plate off and fixed it with magnets so it can be removed if it gets to hot Ive also connected the lights to the magnets so when the face plate is removed the lights go off

2c6d016d.jpg

7bb018a3.jpg

2daa5865.jpg

So is the electricity being conducted through the magnets? Or do the magnets act as a switch?
Both i guess the battery is wired from the top of the helmet to the drawing pins on the top of the helmet ( you can see them in the picture) and the leds are wired to two magnets so when the magnets attach to the drawing pins it completes the circuit and the lights come on.

Shame the mobility isn't great and it's so hot, but it looks amazing. I really like what you did with the faceplate--especially that the lights turn off when you remove the faceplate. That's a really neat bit of design, there!! Count me impressed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back