My ODST costume build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haunted ODST helmet.
lol ;)

I decided to try the skull inside my helmet. Kinda weird but it looks pretty cool actually. I mean why Pilot? There should be a Haunted vesion for ANY helmet in Reach...

9916581.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
9916582.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
9916583.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

lol ok if you really want to get the dinged and beat up look try to weather your helmet. what you do is spray on a chrome silver layer of paint then wait for that to dry from there you take Vaseline and what you do is put on a very thin and i cant stress this enough THIN LAYER OF VASELINE and let it dry over night then you take your desired color and spray it over the vaseline layer and leave it to dry for another day. then the fun starts!! there you scratch off the outer layer of paint revealing the silver chrome layer because the vaseline is still gel like from there scratch off what you want until you are satisfied if you want it to be permanent and not add any extra scratches after you have scratched to your liking spray on a layer of lacquer to provide a scratch proof seal thus making ur helmet a little stronger and making the weathering permanent

nice job man, your pep work is pretty clean =D keep it up and love the skull, since you made that, i think you should make the haunted helmet

Those previous skull pics and the ``haunted ODST helmet´´ pics are now old cos the skull has been improved. It became so cool that it needs a better looking helmet surrounding it. New pics coming once Iv made a new, better ODST helmet (pepakura!!). :)

well what i did for one of my clients that wanted a helmet with the flashlight. i just shopped around for a flashlight that looked the same as the one mounted on the helmet and i just extreme superglued it to it in the correct spot and added the clip looking thing on the helmet using extra bondo it worked out pretty well

Time for some updates. :)

Both shins and knee guards are done:
10084049.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Spine piece attached into main torso:
10084051.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

...its connecting this important piece that comes below the torso on the back side:
10084052.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

lol ok if you really want to get the dinged and beat up look try to weather your helmet. what you do is spray on a chrome silver layer of paint then wait for that to dry from there you take Vaseline and what you do is put on a very thin and i cant stress this enough THIN LAYER OF VASELINE and let it dry over night then you take your desired color and spray it over the vaseline layer and leave it to dry for another day. then the fun starts!! there you scratch off the outer layer of paint revealing the silver chrome layer because the vaseline is still gel like from there scratch off what you want until you are satisfied if you want it to be permanent and not add any extra scratches after you have scratched to your liking spray on a layer of lacquer to provide a scratch proof seal thus making ur helmet a little stronger and making the weathering permanent

firstly, ODST-TJ92, great work! the haunted hemet is super cool! your pep works looks super clean! cant wait to see more!

seocndly, to Scar 405, that is a good method of adding weathering, but to me, it seems like a half finished answer, ive seen alot of pieces that do this, and have done it myself, it just doesnt look right in my opinion. its like silver globs were dropped onto the iece when i look at it. it has no leading or trailing edges. i prefer a simple dry brushing of silver, that adds the necessary look of realism needed to pull the piece into perfection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back