Nerds with Girls???

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are hot chicks on here, but they're all out of our respective leagues for various reasons :p

You know, it's odd. Most of the friends I talk to on a regular basis are girls, but I'm always so bad at relationships. You'd have thought, by now, I'd at least have learned how to stay in one. In any case, the friend zone is very real >.>

I have guy friends who say this stuff all the time. Lesson one, a girl is NEVER out of your league unless you make it so[ Or shes married/in a relationship]. I've seen some pretty odd couples, such as a super nerdy guy with a super girly chick or a [excuse the crudeness] a fat chick with a super hot dude or vise versa. Its all about how much confidence you have in yourself and in your ability to converse with another female. I personally don't like to talk to guys who stutter out their sentences and if they can't be as comfortable with me as they are with their guy friends then whats the point?

As for the bad relationships part, I think thats just poor choices on both parts. I think the most a person could say to these things though are, **** happens. Live and learn.

As for the friend zone, yeah it is. I've had to friend zone quite a few guys. It sucks because in the end I feel bad but most of the time its not because I find them akward or weird, its just because I genuinely don't like them. Unfortunately some guys can be dicks and well, it usually ends badly.

Dude honestly if u like a girl go for it or u might miss out on some awesome advanture never know what could happen also even if a girl is taken or engaged or married dont let it stop u !!!!!!!!!!!!! PS: its not always about sex (the right girl is the one u can live and love forever with out requiring sex) if relation is only about sex will never work! I maybe a nerd but im also a perv lots of self experience! and when u hug a girl grab her ass ;P jk u might get slap never happen to me but never know. PS: the armor makes u looks hot cuz girls love uniforms... ok some LOL specially in anime con's then u just a chick magnet

I'll just say this:
Being friends with a girl, and being in a relationship with a girl are two completely different things. Friends don't inform each other of everything, and they have a life apart from each other. Relationships are a bit different. You have to work at them, spend time together, and the little romantic gestures go a long way. For example, opening the door for them to get into your car. It takes two extra seconds, and it gives you about two extra bonus points every time you do it. Basically, act like the girl's dad is there and you're trying to impress him with how gentlemanly you can be.
That's mostly the way a lot of girls like to be treated: like you really respect them, and that if they need you, you'll be at their side. Show a girl the same care, love, and devotion that you showed in making your costumes.

The number one lady-killer is social awkwardness. Doesn't matter how attractive you are (it helps of course), but if you're a bit creepy and awkward it's a little more difficult. I know a few awkward people with obsessive personalities, and they definitely struggle.
-Elliot

I'll just say this:
Being friends with a girl, and being in a relationship with a girl are two completely different things. Friends don't inform each other of everything, and they have a life apart from each other. Relationships are a bit different. You have to work at them, spend time together, and the little romantic gestures go a long way. For example, opening the door for them to get into your car. It takes two extra seconds, and it gives you about two extra bonus points every time you do it. Basically, act like the girl's dad is there and you're trying to impress him with how gentlemanly you can be.
That's mostly the way a lot of girls like to be treated: like you really respect them, and that if they need you, you'll be at their side. Show a girl the same care, love, and devotion that you showed in making your costumes.

awwww i wish there was a like button on here, so true.

I like to think im pretty good with the ladies... Not many people know about my hobby, but my friends that know really like it. Your interests don't make you a nerd, your attitude does... So if you act like a nerd, good luck, but otherwise, your just a great person with an awesome hobby.

the little romantic gestures go a long way. For example, opening the door for them to get into your car. It takes two extra seconds, and it gives you about two extra bonus points every time you do it. Basically, act like the girl's dad is there and you're trying to impress him with how gentlemanly you can be.

Not all girls are like this or like this treatment. Every girl wants to be respected but not every girl wants you to open the door for them.

Romantic gestures are great and all, and everyone loves one every now and again. But we're nerds! Find a nerd girlfriend! My girlfriend's idea of a romantic night is us watching Star Trek and Quantum Leap in bed. If you find a perfect girl for you you'll be happy as larry and so will she, without having to worry about your geekery being an issue!

Edit: Hiro, true that. Women are equal to us, be kind and gentle, but not so much that it's demeaning.
-Elliot

Hive is right, every person, guys and girls, nerds and not nerds, are different... everyone needs different treatment to feel emotional attraction towards someone, the only basic thing that is present in any good solid relationship is respect, care and devotion.

I am by some degree an old school gentleman who is by the way 22 with so many degrees of hobbies and talents and I remain single. SUCKS!

Did I mention I have self-confidence issues and a cluster of social deficiencies? :D

When I say "out of our respective leagues" I mean those females are all either in some sort of romantic relationship or not interested in dating a dude from not-there who they met on an internet forum about sci-fi armor :p

I dunno, I just feel like my veritable role is third wheel, because, contrary to popular belief, there is not someone for everyone, and, well, my whole life, I've been the third wheel in any group I participate in. And I really don't care to change that. Only reason I'm posting in this thread is because it brings me some strange catharsis, for some unknown reason. Also, I guess, someone has to be a cynic on a thread like this.

and then again.... enjoying making armour doesn't make you a nerd... like I make armour, I love doing it, but I'm also a model... then again! why even put a label on yourself or someone else... everyone is just who they are, and are liked and loved for their different qualities :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back