No PEP DMR Build (image heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

that thing is sick.. can't wait to see the end results.. will you put some kind of hardner on the outside of the foam or are you looking at molding it or just going to go with it?

web.jpg

web.jpg

This is my Hot Wire foam cutter that I built to help shape all my pieces. Its uses a nicrome wire that heats up when connected to a transformer power supply.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Almost ready for the detail work.

Wow im blowen away form how this is turning out. I never though of useing that tipe of foam. I see your screwing the rife to hold it in. Well you be resening or maybe fiber glassing the out side befor you paint it?

I've seen that foam before, people use it to make minature terrain. Is there anyway you can give us all a list of the items you used, like the sealant for the foam? I want to try to make something like this. Thanks in advance! :)

The foam is dense enough that screws hold really well, but i usually take them out after the glue set up so that i dont have a problem if i need to cut something off or during the sanding stage. as far as hardening, i have used a mix of different thing combined with primer and paint (which makes it semi-strong), but no real hardening agent.

Wow im blowen away form how this is turning out. I never though of useing that tipe of foam. I see your screwing the rife to hold it in. Well you be resening or maybe fiber glassing the out side befor you paint it?

Ill work on a list, im hoping to make a youtube video about how I put all this together and what i use but no idea when ill get around to doing it.

I've seen that foam before, people use it to make minature terrain. Is there anyway you can give us all a list of the items you used, like the sealant for the foam? I want to try to make something like this. Thanks in advance! :)

The barrel is made out of copper fittings (not that impressive), but the light and the sights are made out of gift cards glued together and cut out. it nice because its like building with plastic but i can be more accurate (and smaller) cause the cards are only about 1/16 of an inch thick.

well... thats one way of maing a barrel i have not seen before. i like it.

this is looking awesome! i have a few sheets of this type of foam laying around the house, maybe i should see what i can make out of it after watching something like this come together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back