odst hybrid build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey bud,
Hows the armor comin? You been pretty quiet for a while now. I have an Idea I wanted to pass on to ya when you get the chance, PM me. I'll be watching.

Hey everyone.... I got a bit tyed up in the christmas spirit and with all this rain, and most of my state 4m under water, i found it a bit hard to get motivated back into my build... i have about two weeks left of these holidays, so it won't be done soon but hopefully by the end of next holidays. i have got two more pieces to assemble, then i have to find out how to undercoat it....

gotta know, maybe i missed it, but gotta know.
i've been dieing to find a proper thing for the torso since all the versions i can find appear to be based off the WETA despite looking at the in game model and figures the ODST's wear a very much full upper torso style armor not to disimilar to the spartans, and that vest is a dead ringer for at least the H2 variant, if not all versions.

where would one find that? most of the tac vests i've dug up (i use them for paintball :) ) aren't anything near that!

gotta know, maybe i missed it, but gotta know.
i've been dieing to find a proper thing for the torso since all the versions i can find appear to be based off the WETA despite looking at the in game model and figures the ODST's wear a very much full upper torso style armor not to disimilar to the spartans, and that vest is a dead ringer for at least the H2 variant, if not all versions.

where would one find that? most of the tac vests i've dug up (i use them for paintball :) ) aren't anything near that!

if your planning on making it out of foam, i just looked at reference pics for an odst and just scratch built mine, and i kinda like it :)

i have made a few additions since this photo was taken, but anyway:

5248612968_055cc2a413.jpg
SDC10426 by dan4dan4, on Flickr

also my combat vest i have was given to me from a friend who used it for millitary training exercises, so i have no idea where he got it...

Attachments

• 5248612968_055cc2a413.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 154
if your planning on making it out of foam, i just looked at reference pics for an odst and just scratch built mine, and i kinda like it :)

also my combat vest i have was given to me from a friend who used it for millitary training exercises, so i have no idea where he got it...

i have most of the chest/upper body stuff actually done in pep and resin/firberglassed, but the weather being below freezing has put a hold on anything further besides pep work.
i want to try the foam method soon too, but for the ODST some of it just would feel odd to me vs the way the spartan gear fits together so well with the foam.
namely, so many small parts in the ODST stuff.

and dang.. like i said i use tac vests for paintball all the time, and i'm ex military, so military/law enforcement providers aside i've never seen that vest.
ahh well, back to the search, maybe a standard MOLLE vest will work good with a few mods or something outta foam (the neck is just dangerous to have as fiberglassed work, even padded IMO :p )
can't wait to see how this goes though, maybe i will have to try it this way next round (this one is what i'm calling my prototype, trying for good results but not striving to achieve them at the best as i learn a new thing :) )

Attachments

• 5248612968_055cc2a413.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 151
well if ur still thinkin about pickin up some metal i wouldnt recommend aluminum(difficult to solder and very weak if it manages to stick)
i would recommend galvanized steel sheet metal like 26 gauge real light easy to paint as well as solder

this looks awesome so far cant wait to see it all painted up keep up the good work!

Cool one. I like how your using that saw to cut the foam on angles. Genius. Post some pics of the componants on you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back