PAX Prime 2011 - Who's going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not elite like some of the people coming but I am willing to do any thing to help with the panel.Maybe I could help to pass around the props at the panel demonstration. (that way some guy does'nt run off with them)

Title:405th.com/Halo ARMOR panel

EDIT:LETS DO IT

Another EDIT:Hyo,Maybe we could do a halo skit or a coreagraphed(Spelled right:/)assanation/cqc fight to increase the awesome level.
Great! The more help the better! You don't need to be an 'elite' armor maker, in fact, I encourage all levels of skill to partake! That way people can hear experience for a new comer, to someone who's been doing this for years. Everyone would learn something (and not just the audience).
Helping pass around pieces would be great. With my armor, I wouldn't worry about someone breaking it, so much as it getting stolen (which is why I'll suggest only handing out 2-3 pieces per suit at a time)

I like the idea of a skit type dealio, or maybe a demonstration of flexibility in suits would be good. Because my friend who has armor, can't move a bit, even walking is hard for him... Where as Longshot said he could easily teabag someone.
I'm not sure an assassination would quite be doable... With all the different kinds of kills, it'd be hard to do even one that's simple, just because of the amount of flexibility and whatnot. But it is defiantly something we could look into and maybe try.

@Longshot:
Oh of course pictures, that'd be a MUST! ;)

Oh and obviously, a Q&A.

Great! The more help the better! You don't need to be an 'elite' armor maker, in fact, I encourage all levels of skill to partake! That way people can hear experience for a new comer, to someone who's been doing this for years. Everyone would learn something (and not just the audience).
Helping pass around pieces would be great. With my armor, I wouldn't worry about someone breaking it, so much as it getting stolen (which is why I'll suggest only handing out 2-3 pieces per suit at a time)

I like the idea of a skit type dealio, or maybe a demonstration of flexibility in suits would be good. Because my friend who has armor, can't move a bit, even walking is hard for him... Where as Longshot said he could easily teabag someone.
I'm not sure an assassination would quite be doable... With all the different kinds of kills, it'd be hard to do even one that's simple, just because of the amount of flexibility and whatnot. But it is defiantly something we could look into and maybe try.

@Longshot:

Oh and obviously, a Q&A.

I repeat:Agreed

BTW.....WORDS CANNOT DESCIBE HOW AWESOME THIS IS GOING TO BE!

EDIT:Longshot you said something about a video camera?Im going to put a 720p flip camera into my chest piece,I will be more than happy to share my recordings.LOL we could do it just like how they do it in aliens.

Great! The more help the better!

ry.

@Longshot:

Oh and obviously, a Q&A.

Going forward with the presentation we should have a structured and well planned format because we Should be representing our community in the best possible way. think it would be best to do a format similar attack of the show where we have two members acting as the host’s introducing and moving presentation along on a timely manner. Rather than having a bunch of us discuss our various experiences individually we combine all into a 20 minute presentation or however long we decide to make it.
An example of
Itinerary/timeline
The two most well spoken would act as a host
3min
They would introduce themselves and describe what the 405th is and what our community is about.
10min
Then shift the focus to discussing the levels and processes of armor building . Have our members with the various levels of armor detail and types starting with the most basic
1st suit very basic pep master chief low definition just a simple spray paint job and reinforced with hot glue
2nd suit more advanced with fiberglass and detail
3rd suit would be a foam build
4th suit more detailed within attention to the under suit/pressure suit
Etc. moving all the way up to longshot who has the most detailed suit

Along the way we discuss the tools needed, Timeline and materials needed along with the cost
8mins
Then shifting to the opposite side of the stage as kind of a joke we would have the members who made it but not with armor (wearing shirts that say noob on them) and asking the most common questions we received about our community and also give us a chance to dispel misconceptions and uses of our armor
And the person directing the questions to the appropriate member also should have on his/her shirt ( I hate NOOBS)
The last question the noobs ask should be something about maneuverability and mobility .[ This is just an idea but I could take one of my blank guns and incorporated into a halo weapon where longshot takes a couple of shots at an ODST to demonstrate the mobility of the most important maneuver a Spartan can make ……the teabag followed by a joked to the about that Spartans respond every 7 seconds ……oh crap that was a hell jumper and they don’t respond whoops]
2mins
Then finish out strong with a big thanks to Adam and Walter and a few others for their years of hard work and keeping the community going and turning it into one of the largest global fan sites
Then be available in the lobby for questions and answers and how to contact us

Hopefully this makes a little sense and if this is a format of interest I’ll be happy to write out a detailed timeline and our itinerary . I just don’t want to get up in front of hundreds of people and not making the plan until the night before I would rather have it rehearsed and almost memorized for a professional representation

I’m happy to bring the tools from my place sewing machines, sanders, cutting tools, hot wire cutters ect…

Let me know what you all think

Don't worry, I've taken all of this into consideration. I myself help run conventions, on an executive level so I know how this stuff works, as well as panels themselves because I've done my fair share of them. I'll write up an itinerary later, but I just need to know NOW if there's enough people willing to join me in this.

But it seems like there's enough interest, and I'm sure a couple more might jump on this. I'll confirm with Spase if adding a 405th factor if ok then I'll submit the panel suesstion.
Keep in mind, it will be a panel SUGESSTION I'll be submitting... PAX themselves will still need to approve it, so just keep in the back of your minds that this *might* not happen if PAX doesn't accept it. I feel like this would be a great solid entertaining panel and that it'll get approved. But we'll see I guess.

After confirming with Spase and submitting the panel, I'll work on the itinerary and if/when it gets approved, I'll post up said itinerary.

Well first off,I don't think we should set anything in stone till we are all there personely.That being said there is nothing wrong with putting together concepts.No offense I don't like the idea of crapy armor first then comes the great armor,it makes us sound like elitists.And lastly we should ask Qs from the crowd (I could pass the mike around:p)

My idea is we start off with a humorous skit as like a Ice breaker,Then we say like Hi were 405th.com yada yada.Start explaing about the site(blah blah)then we move on to talking about how we made it and stuff like that and Pass around some guns/armor peices(helmets?) as we talk about armor and stuff.This way the crowd feels like they are apart of the panel not just sitting in on a armor lecture,Then we have a Q&A where Someone walks around giving the mike to people.And we answer Qs and after the panel you can come up and get pictures or ask more Qs after the panel......Just a idea and sorry for the crappy spelling and such :/

And M-071 I mean no ill will,just my 2 cents.

I'd definitely be willing to help any way I can, but am not so good in the speaking in front of people thing.

Don't worry, I've taken all of this into consideration. I myself help run conventions, on an executive level so I know how this stuff works, as well as panels themselves because I've done my fair share of them. I'll write up an itinerary later, but I just need to know NOW if there's enough people willing to join me in this.

After confirming with Spase and submitting the panel, I'll work on the itinerary and if/when it gets approved, I'll post up said itinerary.
I’m relieved ! Just making sure that there was some sort of plan assuming we are approved. I haven’t ever been to a convention but I have done a number of presentations were large contracts were on the line and I’ve used a particular format that was informative and funny with a great deal of success .
By no means by saying that we have to have every detail down to the sentence figured out beforehand.. I’ve talked with you enough to know that you would be great for speaking. !!

Well first off,I don't think we should set anything in stone till we are all there personely.That being said there is nothing wrong with putting together concepts.No offense I don't like the idea of crapy armor first then comes the great armor,it makes us sound like elitists.

This way the crowd feels like they are apart of the panel not just sitting in on a armor lecture,Then we have a Q&A where Someone walks around giving the mike to people.And we answer Qs and after the panel you can come up and get pictures or ask more Qs after the panel......Just a idea and sorry for the crappy spelling and such :/

And M-071 I mean no ill will,just my 2 cents.
I don’t think starting out with entry-level armor is a bad way to start ,( please don’t call it crappy armor you might offend some people on this site ) . It doesn’t make us look like elitists just some of us are investing hundreds and hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars to build a suit . By starting at the beginning with a simple suit costs $100-$200 all the way up to thousands and the audience will understand what goes into a true high quality suit and the amount of dedication/effort it takes to put that together. It also gives us the opportunity to construct humorous responses to the most common questions.

We can predict what 90% of the questions from the audience will be based off the hundreds of posts we’ve all seen on the 405th
How much does it cost
How long does it take
Can it be used for air soft
How mobile are you
Is it hot
What type of material to use
What tools to use
Are the chemicals safe
How you cut that material
How are the pep files glued together
Where you get the files
Ect…
informative funny presentation involves the audience

Being available in the lobby afterwards for pictures questions answers doesn’t put any of the members on the spot and allows us to answer our questions with less pressure .I’m just trying to remove the variables and unpredictability that questions and answers can bring from the audience.

I know you didn’t mean ill will and besides my skin is pretty thick and I take constructive criticism well, just here to help not step on anyone’s toes

I like where this is going... Great ideas.

@DaSlacker I share the same issue as you. To be honest, I'm not comfortable with public speaking either. My heart pounds, my legs get shakey, etc...
Usually my excitement overcomes my public speaking shyness. It has in the past. In addition: We are armed with the knowledge that we know what we are talking about. That in itself helps out alot. :)

@DaSlacker I share the same issue as you. To be honest, I'm not comfortable with public speaking either. My heart pounds, my legs get shakey, etc...
Usually my excitement overcomes my public speaking shyness. It has in the past. In addition: We are armed with the knowledge that we know what we are talking about. That in itself helps out alot. :)
Lol fine, make the girl do all the work. Lol jk.
I don't mind being the main speaker. I used to be pretty shy about it, but since I have to do it so much during convention season, you kind of get over the stage fright. That and this being my idea, I sort of expected to be one of the main speakers. If no one else wants to jump on 'stage' with me and be my 'co host', then I'm sure my bf wouldn't mind doing it. He also runs cins with me and if anything, is more in the spot light than I am. I'm usually the behind the stage organizing it all kind of person.

,( please don’t call it crappy armor you might offend some people on this site ) .

I know you didn’t mean ill will and besides my skin is pretty thick and I take constructive criticism well, just here to help not step on anyone’s toes

When I ment crappy armor I ment like mine:) Im just glad I didn't offend you:)Anyway I like that we can give ideas out and discuss them.Its not like "your ideas are stupid" or "my plans better".Its more like "well thats a great idea,but I think we should change this here". Anyway loving the disscusion on the panel subject.

Im willing to Co-Host if no one else wants to do it.

Man! I wish I could go, sound like fun, take pictures, and be wary of passing along a helmet, it might not make it to the end.

I just wanted to drop by to confirm that I am coming 100% for sure! I have my tickets, my flight and hotel are booked!

I'll be getting in on Thursday afternoon. Im staying at the Belltown Inn. It's a little further away than the host hotels, but it's a nice place and had rooms available. My buddy Paul is staying with me, it's only fitting since he introduced me to Halo in the first place. You guys will like him, he's ex-military Intel, big gamer and heckuva lot of fun. Anybody thats played Halo with me has probably met him already.

I'm going to make every attempt to bring as much as I can. I dont know exactly what that means yet, but Im anticipating having a few new things to show off there, in addition to bringing the favorites: Energy Sword, ODST, etc. I got some advice about flying with costumes from a friend of mine from the 501st. He says the best option for luggage to pack your armor into is a hard case golf travel bag. I guess you can take them as checked luggage, and they hold a lot, and can be nicely padded. I thought I'd toss that out for anyone else flying with a costume.

Oh, and anyone going to HaloFest at PAX should listen to the most recent 343 Sparkast. Frankie teases about shipping something very big to the event. I'll give you a hint... it's not a puma. O.O

I just wanted to drop by to confirm that I am coming 100% for sure! I have my tickets, my flight and hotel are booked!

I'll be getting in on Thursday afternoon. Im staying at the Belltown Inn. It's a little further away than the host hotels, but it's a nice place and had rooms available. My buddy Paul is staying with me, it's only fitting since he introduced me to Halo in the first place. You guys will like him, he's ex-military Intel, big gamer and heckuva lot of fun. Anybody thats played Halo with me has probably met him already.

I'm going to make every attempt to bring as much as I can. I dont know exactly what that means yet, but Im anticipating having a few new things to show off there, in addition to bringing the favorites: Energy Sword, ODST, etc. I got some advice about flying with costumes from a friend of mine from the 501st. He says the best option for luggage to pack your armor into is a hard case golf travel bag. I guess you can take them as checked luggage, and they hold a lot, and can be nicely padded. I thought I'd toss that out for anyone else flying with a costume.

Oh, and anyone going to HaloFest at PAX should listen to the most recent 343 Sparkast. Frankie teases about shipping something very big to the event. I'll give you a hint... it's not a puma. O.O

SWEET! (to everything you said)

Added to the who's going list.

Excitement level increasing! :)

I demand to do a photoshoot with you too then. XD Longshot and I will be doing it mostly thursday, and actually, any free time I have during the weekend; but thursday will be a for sure as I get in thursday afternoonish too.
And just saying, but I would probably rape you if you brought that Elite costume....

For the sake of Spase's balls, you better hope it's a puma. XD Only thing I can really see beating a puma is a revenant.... but I'm pretty sure that'd be impossible to make functional...

And just because a photoshoot with me was discussed back on like page 8, I'll throw this out there again, would anyone else like to do a shoot with me. I don't have a fancy camera, but I do have a good eye for a good picture. And plus having a few Halo peeps in a group pic would make more options in the shoot, maybe do some reenactment scene type thingies idk lol.

And just to confirm all those interested in doing the panel with me:
Hyo
Gmoney
M-071
Longshot
Spartan-847
DaSlacker
Gmflex

I'll be bringing my camera too. (Nikon D80) We can figure out which camera would be best suitable and then go from there. Or just use them all.

The panel group is looking good.

In response to Spase's balls. <grin> ... You'll have to get past his cod piece first. LOL

I'll be bringing my camera too. (Nikon D80) We can figure out which camera would be best suitable and then go from there. Or just use them all.

The panel group is looking good.

In response to Spase's balls. <grin> ... You'll have to get past his cod piece first. LOL
I could do all cameras, sure.

That's what my flag will be for, beating him down with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back