PAX Prime 2011 - Who's going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It gets better!
From what I have been reading, its sounds like we will be able to play HALO Anniversary at the event.
How sweet is that?

it's going to be a awesome weekend. On Microsoft's web site they talk about HALO fest, and they said we get to play the campaign and the mutiplayer there it keeps looking better and better. Defiantly the year for HALO fans at PAX. Since we are going to be in armor I figure they will hook us up with some cool swag hopefully.

Anyone listen to the latest 343 podcast just released?.... they mention Halo Fest a few times....

@34:20 "Made shipping arrangements for something very big... very heavy" "Person most excited in the world, Curtis Creamer from Bungie... he has fond memories"

Remember years back when a video was recorded of the Weta Hog being driven around a back lot?... Memory serves me correct, that was Curtis trying to wreck the hog....

Sounds to me like the Warthog is being shipped in for Halo Fest.....

Anyone listen to the latest 343 podcast just released?.... they mention Halo Fest a few times....

@34:20 "Made shipping arrangements for something very big... very heavy" "Person most excited in the world, Curtis Creamer from Bungie... he has fond memories"

Remember years back when a video was recorded of the Weta Hog being driven around a back lot?... Memory serves me correct, that was Curtis trying to wreck the hog....

Sounds to me like the Warthog is being shipped in for Halo Fest.....
Are you pooping (censored word...) me?!?! If the Puma is coming, I will literally poop a brick!!
You better be right Spase!! Otherwise I will be very mad! D:< lol

Well, to better back up my conclusions drawn from their vague references....

At that point in the Podcast they were talking about if you go to Halo Fest you would be able to see, hold, touch items from the games that you may have only been able to digitally see before... then they make vague statements about shipping something big and heavy and Curtis's fond memories of it... so.. being the detective I can be... I googled Curtis Creamer Warthog... bingo bango.... see the video below... then get the podcast and fast forward to around 34 minutes into it...

343 would have to arrange for shipping... so the item isn't most likely in the allready in Seattle... whats big, heavy, out of town, and Curtis Creamer would be one to be the biggest fan of and have good memories of it... well... shoot me if I am wrong... but....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66_VVMZ3XSQ

You can put me down on the list of 405th members that will be attending ! Should finish my armor with a few days to spare before the convention. I live about an hour away from the convention center a 20 minute drive to the ferry docks and 30 minute boat ride, so if anyone’s interested can crash at my place if you want to split commuting costs.
On a side note I found a ticket locally (245$) and it makes me very nervous shelling out cash to someone I don’t know . I’d much rather buy a ticket from a 405th member so if there are any of you that can’t make it let me know soon so I can send you the money for a ticket

I can’t wait to meet everyone !!

You can put me down on the list of 405th members that will be attending ! Should finish my armor with a few days to spare before the convention. I live about an hour away from the convention center a 20 minute drive to the ferry docks and 30 minute boat ride, so if anyone’s interested can crash at my place if you want to split commuting costs.
On a side note I found a ticket locally (245$) and it makes me very nervous shelling out cash to someone I don’t know . I’d much rather buy a ticket from a 405th member so if there are any of you that can’t make it let me know soon so I can send you the money for a ticket

I can’t wait to meet everyone !!

Welcome to the Pax Prime group!

Add you to the who's going list.

Thanks for offering a place to crash. I'm sure that your offer will be taken up by some members.

Ditto on "cant wait to meet everyone"
The excitement keeps building up.

Cheers!

Ditto on "cant wait to meet everyone"
The excitement keeps building up.
Wait... does this "meet everyone" involve socializing? What is socializing? Is it that thing where you meet new people, talk to new people, and potentially meet to friends? Do I have to be clean and showered?..... I'm out. XD lol jk

Honestly... The thing I'm MOST excited for NOW is the puma.... Spase it better be there!! Otherwise all my dreams will be crushed and you'll owe me ice cream!! O___O

This explains my whole life, right here:
warthog_Ambition-s750x600-38457.jpg

Double post... But only because this is a legit post of not spam:

Would anyone maybe be interested in doing like a 405th/armor making panel at PAX? I saw on their twitter that panel submittion is due on the 14th...
I personally think it's be badarse to have such a panel. Have a bunch of us who've made our armor, talk about the 405th community, the process of armor making, etc and the likes.
Anyone interested? (Obviously it'd be best if it consisted of a few of us, maybe 4-5, so there'd need to be solid interest and "I WILL do it with you" sort of 'confirmation' type dealio)

Double post... But only because this is a legit post of not spam:

Would anyone maybe be interested in doing like a 405th/armor making panel at PAX? I saw on their twitter that panel submittion is due on the 14th...
I personally think it's be badarse to have such a panel. Have a bunch of us who've made our armor, talk about the 405th community, the process of armor making, etc and the likes.
Anyone interested? (Obviously it'd be best if it consisted of a few of us, maybe 4-5, so there'd need to be solid interest and "I WILL do it with you" sort of 'confirmation' type dealio)

When you say panel do you mean like a booth or kiosk at the convention?? If so you can count me in and I’ll do the heavy lifting bringing tables and poster board stands to hang up information and pictures. You just have to bring the information and pictures and also have a flag pole stand that would go great with someone’s build :D

Ohhhh... this is looking interesting. I'll help out where I can, depending upon my schedule with helping out the 343 folk.

When you say panel do you mean like a booth or kiosk at the convention?? If so you can count me in and I’ll do the heavy lifting bringing tables and poster board stands to hang up information and pictures. You just have to bring the information and pictures and also have a flag pole stand that would go great with someone’s build :D
No I'm pretty sure panel entails having a room for a slotted time in the schedule and you talk/demonstrate about stuff

No I'm pretty sure panel entails having a room for a slotted time in the schedule and you talk/demonstrate about stuff

That’s something I would be happy to do . Discussing the various steps and processes of constructing our armor and etc…. if you do it count me in !

Idea: I think it would be good to take that a step further. I'm willing to "doff" and "don" (take off and put on) my armor for demo purposes. I'm not taking off the undersuit that's just going a bit too far... :p I am constantly being asked how long it takes to get dressed and how hard is it to get into it. I think that it would be FUN, ENTERTAINING and EDUCATIONAL to show not only what goes into making a suit, but how to put it on and wear it. That also opens up the opportunity for the fans to SEE what's on the inside of our armor. ---- Comments and ideas are welcome.

OMG (idea) I bet we give 343 (maybe BS angel) a shout out about doing a panel for HALOFEST.

Dude! (I rarly use that word) I like your thinking! That is a great cross marketing idea. Let's figure out more about what we want to do. Then I'll PM BSangel and let her know about our "intentions" then see where things go from there. Great idea for the event!

Keep the creative juices going ... this can only get more epic and exciting as we get closer to the event.

As a side note: I'm bringing my HD camcorder. I'm hoping to be able to take lots of vids with it. I'm also hoping that some of you are willing to help operate it, so that I can be in the vids too. I am more than willing to share all of the photos and vids with everyone. No strings attached (so to speak). I plan on bringing my notebook and a stack of DVD's to help share what I --- correction -- what "WE" capture. It's one thing to attend and experience the event. But, once its over, it's nice to be able to SHOW and SHARE what we have experienced to the rest of our fantastic friends. (just my thoughts)

OMG... Excitement factor increasing. :)

Oh I have a ton of ideas for what we could do for the panel (and I'll elaborate in further detail later), but first I just want to gather interest to who would want to tackle this thing with me...
So far it looks like we have myself, my bf, M-071, and Longshot. That's a pretty solid group. I would like to maybe get one or two more before sending in the panel request...
Topic ideas I think that would be fun/interesting to cover would be:
-Personal experiences/methods as a beginner, intermediate, and expert builder
-The 'definition/concept' of pepakura and other related methods
-The steps of pepakura (The planning, scaling, cutting, gluing, assembling, dtd's, resin/bondo/sanding, strapping, undersuits, fans/electronics, the finished thing)
-Show and tell of how to put on armor etc
-(for those of you willing to pass around some of your armor pieces) A hands on feel of armor
-Props
-Maybe have someone bring a pep project (smaller project so it's less to carry) that's in various stages
-Safety (resin/bondo safety, any use of power tools, how to beat the heat and not get heat stoke, etc)
Then maybe talk why halo armor, halo as a whole, then maybe talk about the 405th community and such.

I'm sure there's more things I can come up with that might make the panel more interesting, but that's all I can think of right now in my tired state.

Just to brain storm, suggests for a panel title?

Well, to better back up my conclusions drawn from their vague references....

At that point in the Podcast they were talking about if you go to Halo Fest you would be able to see, hold, touch items from the games that you may have only been able to digitally see before... then they make vague statements about shipping something big and heavy and Curtis's fond memories of it... so.. being the detective I can be... I googled Curtis Creamer Warthog... bingo bango.... see the video below... then get the podcast and fast forward to around 34 minutes into it...

343 would have to arrange for shipping... so the item isn't most likely in the allready in Seattle... whats big, heavy, out of town, and Curtis Creamer would be one to be the biggest fan of and have good memories of it... well... shoot me if I am wrong... but....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66_VVMZ3XSQ

I would like to comment on what happend when I read this.
---BUT---
I think it would be less troublesome if I said that it required me to change my shorts.

I hope that we can all get a chance to at least sit in it and have our pics/vid's taken. Keeping my fingers crossed.
That is an UBER update Spase. Thanks!

I am not elite like some of the people coming but I am willing to do any thing to help with the panel.Maybe I could help to pass around the props at the panel demonstration. (that way some guy does'nt run off with them)

Title:405th.com/Halo ARMOR panel

EDIT:LETS DO IT

Another EDIT:Hyo,Maybe we could do a halo skit or a coreagraphed(Spelled right:/)assanation/cqc fight to increase the awesome level.

We could also give the people an opportunity to take pics of us and pics with us. I know that will be popular.
Also, if this is going to be a 405th function, we should check with Adam and/or Walter for their thoughts and concerns. ie. Permission?

:)

We could also give the people an opportunity to take pics of us and pics with us. I know that will be popular.
Also, if this is going to be a 405th function, we should check with Adam and/or Walter for their thoughts and concerns. ie. Permission?

:)

We are in agreement. (you most have at least ten letters,if not I would have just put "Agreed")lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back