Project Exmarine To Spartan

Status
Not open for further replies.
HaloFreakX said:
Wow man, your really quick and clean with Pep.. Nice!

Thank you, I wish i was quick with bondoing! Right now i'm smoothing the chest and still working on the helmet it's such a slow process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, thought i'd give an update.

Progress is slow going... I'm running low on sand paper, but here is the chest plate so far.

DSC01298.jpg

Sorry for the bad slightly blurry pic...the camera was acting up.

LastSpartan said:
That's great!

You deserve to leave the Noobie land! ^^

Thank you, but i'd like to earn my rank.

Mini Update: I bought a Black&Decker Mini Mouse sander. Things are going 10X faster now so hopefully I'll finish the chest sometime next week.

I just noticed some chest problems...I see that a lot of people don't get the area circled in yellow, video game accurate.

chestexample.jpg

Even I did what everyone else does... but as I like to be accurate and set my work a part from others, it will be changed

Before:
DSC01300.jpg

After:

DSC01302.jpg

I decided to throw in a pic of my progress before i'm totally done, to help keep the confusion down.

Ex-Marine_2_Spartan said:
I just noticed some chest problems...I see that a lot of people don't get the area circled in yellow, video game accurate.

You have earned some respect for the work and the point to accuracy. I like it, I like it a lot.

Wow! You have an incredible eye for detail. I took me a solid minute of staring at those two pictures to realize what you were talking about.

Amazing work. I like that you made the chest two parts. That's something that I've noticed most people DON'T do.

TheRob said:
You have earned some respect for the work and the point to accuracy. I like it, I like it a lot.
Thanks Rob, I try and break everything up into sections to pay attention to the details.

flying_squirl said:
impressive! most impressive.

Your definatly not a 'noob'. you might be new to this but your not a 'noob' ;)

keep up the good work

FS, Thank you and thank you very much for making such an awesome pep model! Well, I won't be a noob for that much longer. I think once i'm done with all this, i'll start cranking out some models.

TheBlackSpot1228 said:
Wow! You have an incredible eye for detail. I took me a solid minute of staring at those two pictures to realize what you were talking about.

Amazing work. I like that you made the chest two parts. That's something that I've noticed most people DON'T do.

Thanks, well in my previous line of work and my current line of work, having a good eye for details is very important.

thanx Nug...

Well i decided to play around with some paint today on a hand plate... don't mind the slapped togethor under armor, it's from a previous costume.

DSC01303.jpg

DSC01305.jpg

still working on the chest stay tuned for that.

Ex-Marine_2_Spartan said:

chestexample.jpg

thats awsome , are you also gonna include the battle damage to the right (in picture would be left) chest side ?
keep it up :) also what scale did you use I'm about 5'8 and 160 , if you don't mind

:eek: You attention to detail is epic! I ended up doing what BlackSpot did, although it didn't take me as long.

I'm sorry if you've already answered this but what are you using for underarmor? It looks like you have some sort of...impact suit? Just wondering because it looks really cool :rolleyes

Wow, you are doin some seriously incredible work here.....

I can't believe how perfect all your lines are and how accurate and symetrical you ahve everything....

I'm pretty lost for words right now... lol

Keep up the fantastic work! <3

Darkfire said:
:eek: You attention to detail is epic! I ended up doing what BlackSpot did, although it didn't take me as long.

I'm sorry if you've already answered this but what are you using for underarmor? It looks like you have some sort of...impact suit? Just wondering because it looks really cool :rolleyes

Actually I still haven't decided what i'm going to do, I have a black flight suit i may use and I also have riot gear, but that will be really hot to wear. Ideally i'd like to make an accurate under suit by sculpting foam and covering it with vinal or casting underarmor.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlacRoseImmortal @ Jul 16 2008, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wow, you are doin some seriously incredible work here.....

I can't believe how perfect all your lines are and how accurate and symetrical you ahve everything....

I'm pretty lost for words right now... lol

Keep up the fantastic work! <3</div>

Thank you, keep up the good work on your sniper rifle, I can't wait to see that complete.

Alright, I think i got it close enough for government work:

Before:
DSC01300.jpg

After: Now that i'm looking at this pic, i see i have a little more work to do to get those bevels symmetrical!
DSC01311.jpg

wow taking pictures helps a lot... i see a lot more that needs to be blended.

I'm planning to do basically what you're doing, however, I'm not going to get even close to how good your armor looks. I'm hoping to get good enough to have my armor be done by, at the most, Halloween, and end of August earliest.

Macto Cognatus said:
I'm planning to do basically what you're doing, however, I'm not going to get even close to how good your armor looks. I'm hoping to get good enough to have my armor be done by, at the most, Halloween, and end of August earliest.

Well, you never know...

I really shouldn't be nitpicking all these things or i'll never finish by my goal of Halloween either.

It's such a catch 22, i want to mold my armor too, but i don't want to make a mold unless the pieces are the absolute best they can be.

Time keeps ticking away...I may have to tell the Girlfriend, me and my armor need some time togethor, go find youself a hobby! :rolleyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back