Pyronari's Mark VI HD Build Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok as I previously stated I am in the process of Pepping the rest of the files so i can get them hardened. That will allow me to start measuring for the under-suit so I may begin doing that while still working on the rest of the project.

First up is the thighs, I think the pep turned out pretty good. The right thigh has some wrinkling in the paper on the part above the knee from gluing ans re-gluing. Fortunately it hasn't warped it, so that will clean up and not show up when its hardened.

P1010168.jpg

P1010167.jpg

P1010166.jpg

The next is the forearm

P1010171.jpg

P1010170.jpg

P1010169.jpg

And The shoulder

P1010174.jpg

P1010173.jpg

P1010172.jpg

The shoulder and fore-arm are both lefts. I am assembling the rights this week. I have right forearm cut up and arranged just needs to be assembled. The Shoulder is printed but needs to be cut and assembled. After those pieces all that leaves is the chest piece which I already printed and have it ready to cut. I just am doing that piece last. Anyways enjoy the pics, and leave any comments, should have more pics in the next week.

Pep is looking very clean. Have you checked to see if your wrists get through the forearms? It seems like lots of people have to alter their piece to get their hands through, but maybe you are one of the lucky ones who can have it to scale and get your wrist in. Hope so!

Pep is looking very clean. Have you checked to see if your wrists get through the forearms? It seems like lots of people have to alter their piece to get their hands through, but maybe you are one of the lucky ones who can have it to scale and get your wrist in. Hope so!

They do fit through as a paper model, if i remember correctly from the last set of armor i made and threw out, it only requires a little sanding after hardened. Very little in the way of modifying it.

well its been a while since a update has been posted. I am still busy on the project. I am currently installing LED lights in the boots, shoulders, forearms, and shins. I am also doing touch up paint and sanding on those pieces from where the leds were put in. I also will be adding damage and brown washing them in the next week or 2, i will get photos when they are done. The helmet now has a visor and led lights in it. I am currently touching up paint on it, then i will install the padding. the Codpiece and thighs are in the bondo stage, they have the first coat on them, and now need to be sanded. the chest piece and the handplates i will be printing this weekend so I can get them cut out and assembled next week. that all the update i have for now. so here are a couple work in progress pics.

P1010185.jpg

P1010184.jpg

P1010183.jpg

P1010187.jpg

P1010186.jpg

P1010189.jpg

P1010188.jpg

the ressed green spots on the forearm have tape covering the plexi where the leds are

i didnt expect that the helmet would come out that beatiufl . i guess it wasnt HD right?

well good work so far. btw for your fore arms there are some nice paint techniques to make it more realistic with the black color if u didnt know but still awesome dude!

well i figure i should probably update you all. As it stands im pretty much done with everything. I need to sand and paint the hand pieces, and fix some strapping issues with how i have the straps secured to the pieces. I had used mighty putty to hold in Chicago screws that the straps were attached to. this failed as they can break off. at this point i am going to drill through the piece to attach them, then paint over the screw back, or I am going to resin them in place with cloth and resin. I am not sure what I want to do yet. This whole project is designed to be a statue in my video game room, so I will only ever wear this twice. One time for Halloween, and the halo 4 release just so I can be a dumb nerd. Once this project is done, I plan to make a really good show suit of noble 6 as well as some weapons. Ill be fixing the strapping this week as well as constructing some type of under suit. I will post pictures of the armor on as well as the under suit when they are finished. any ways enjoy the update pics and feel free to comment on them.

P1010020.jpg

P1010022.jpg

P1010021.jpg

P1010023.jpg

P1010016.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010014.jpg

this piece I split into 3 sections to give it better adjustment to the bodies natural shape.

P1010019.jpg

P1010017.jpg

P1010018.jpg

Pyronari!!!

Tickled with JOY and loving the LED additions.
I just might have to add a few more to mine. XD

Loving it ALL!

:)

Thank you for the kind comments. here is a couple of pics from Halloween, I have a bunch more ill have to get them from my buddy so I can upload a few. Learned some adjustments i need to make to keep the shoulders and belt from sliding down but otherwise it went great. Im looking forward to starting my next suit of armor.

11-01-2012220.jpg

11-01-2012218.jpg

11-01-2012212.jpg

11-01-2012205.jpg

Looks good. Definitely a fun draw for that store on HALOween night. I have to ask, though. What all do you have lit? It looks like every piece but the hands, boots, and helmet...

everything but the hand plates. The boots have 4 led spots on each, and the helmet had the back leds lit. The front ones are so bright they are functional as flashlights for the helmet so i cant have them on for pictures. It was alot of fun as well I believe i was doing pictures for over 2 hours.

I've seen a couple of different book light systems that might help out. They have two settings. One is dim and you can look right into it without problems, the second is burn-a-hole-through-your-head bright. It might be something to look into (ala Forward Unto Dawn helmet main lights).

man it is so much fun to dress as a spartan in a store so people take pictures. (well it is a pride thing) congrats on the finished build looks nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back