Raziel1981's Hayabusa Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
raziel1981 said:
i hope your details on the crown are accurate as of the game itself... i plan on doing as accurate as it can be i just need to find a good reference material of the details on the crown...

Here you go!
gallery_3632_15_18316.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Preston said:
Here you go!

Wow I had no idea this thing had that much detail on the spikes. Huh you learn something new every day.

Any way back on topic.

Great work so far man. You really can't tell you cut it apart. Random question, what were the two scales you used on your helmet?

I am just wondering cause a friend of mine is starting a Busa soon ans I think it would help.

Preston said:
Here you go!

thanks man, that really helps any side view details on the crown and front view? thanks again...

Alex spartan177 said:
Dude I think you should add more bondo to the spikes

that i'll do, its just isn't bondoed yet, i just put the pieces together with bondo and sand it roughly... its not yet in the bondo stage.. :lol

Kirrou said:
Wow I had no idea this thing had that much detail on the spikes. Huh you learn something new every day.

Any way back on topic.

Great work so far man. You really can't tell you cut it apart. Random question, what were the two scales you used on your helmet?

I am just wondering cause a friend of mine is starting a Busa soon ans I think it would help.

the 1st one i made was of the default scale... the 2nd one is 280mm height scale...

i know i have a small head... lols :lol

updates:

bondoed the spikes... unfortunately i've ran out of body filler... so i just managed to bondo the crown area...

here are the pics...

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

after that applied a light coating of primer

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

sorry if its pic heavy...

Nice work again, but are you sure about the swords? Might look cool, but if you're wandering about anywhere in public with one of those things you'll get pounced for 'posession of weaponry' :/

Arcanine said:
Nice work again, but are you sure about the swords? Might look cool, but if you're wandering about anywhere in public with one of those things you'll get pounced for 'posession of weaponry' :/

yeah.. i might get arrested for having an illegal weapon on me... but its not even sharp its only for display and has a dull blade... im sure they'll give me some slack if i said that i was going to a comic con... (hopefully) ;)

i've managed to draw the details on to the middle spike, i decided to trash the bondo details idea on the spike and tried enders way of hot gluing the details onto it...

first i traced the pattern using adobe photoshop and then printed it to a piece of cardstock then spray painted it to the middle spike like so:

IMG_1537.jpg

then carefully fill those painted details with hot glue and painted it with primer.

IMG_1536.jpg

what do you think guys? any suggestions? coz im not too happy bout the details. :(

i think ive done a sloppy work on it.

well, personally i would trash it... lols not satisfied.. i want it to be crisp :rolleyes

but if all of you guys would love it, i'll keep it :cool

try using that stencil with under coating spray, it will expand very lightly and be in the shape you need. after that resin the coating to make it firm. this is how i smoothed out my not so smooth mark V, back before i new about bondo.

definitely trashed it... took off the details, sanded it again... shall i do the cardboard, foamies stuffs for the details? any alternatives? maybe i'll bondo first the rest of my helmet then i'll think of another way to go with the details... any suggestion would be much appreciated... thanks guys.

Arcanine said:

Okay, now I feel the need to say something here. :p

That is not completely true, but then again, it MIGHT depend on where you live and the laws that your state police have. Now I live in Michigan and I actually called the Michigan State Police about the same issue. Since I realized that I would be having a real sword and wearing it on my back in the sheath, it could be considered a concealed weapon. I know that you can get a license to carry firearms, but of course that is only for guns, so I decided to call about the sword and what it's purpose would be for. I'll tell ya right now, I got a good laugh from the cop. It was hilarious! lol I explained to him that it is to be used as a PROP ONLY and would NOT leave my back nor would it be removed in public. I also explained to him that it is a nice sword and I would hate to ruin such a nice sword by gluing it in the sheath, he agreed with me. What he basically told me was that he has no problem, BUT the people running the convetion that I would be going to might have an issue with the sword and if they do, he said I could just take it out to my car and leave it there..........no harm done. :)

But at this point, I have decided to make a type of "locking mechanism" to keep the sword in place so that in case someone decides to be an idiot and tries to remove the sword, they won't be able to due to the "lock" I plan on putting on it. :)

Hopefully this gives you a little more insight about having the sword in public. :)

Oh yeah, and here are some of those reference pics I was telling you about earlier. :) Hopefully these will help you out. I plan on using this as my reference. :p

hayabusa1.jpg

hayabusa2.jpg

hayabusa3.jpg

hayabusa4.jpg

hayabusa5.jpg

hayabusa6.jpg

I tried to leave the pictures pretty big so that you can see the detail pretty good. :) And if you think you might need any other angles, let me know. ;)

nice, thanks for the reference HaloGoddess... thats what i've been looking for...

hopefully i could get the details done by tomorrow.

any thoughts of doing the details? can you share it with me? :lol

Check with Ithica on how he did the detailing on his 'busa. He didn't do every single little line, but he did a very good job nonetheless on the detailing that was on there. They were suttle, yet raised enough to see them.

update: i've used HaloGoddess reference pics of the crown details and traced them, then printed on a piece of cardstock, cut it out to form a stencil pattern, then traced again on a piece of cardboard.. which will look like this one.

IMG_1555.jpg

just for you to see how thick the cardboard im using, here's the pic.

IMG_1556.jpg

and then the details. im half way done.

IMG_1554.jpg

after i put all the details in, im going to resin it again and paint it again with primer...

what do you think guys? is it way better than the first time i detailed it?

Shaymin Sky said:
dude! thats freakin epic!

thanks, that means a lot coming from a veteran like you :lol

btw, updates again... finished the details... my fingers are numb due to excessive cutting on the cardboard... :(

anyways here are the pics... hope you all like it.

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

tomorrow i'll be resining the crown area and hopefully finish it by tomorrow... :rolleyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back