Sean Bradley ODST kit build

Status
Not open for further replies.
96% of assembly complete!!!! Wooooop, all i need to do now is make the shoulder straps which i have nearly done i just need the fabric to go over the foam. here are some photo's of what i have so far. i still need to paint all the details on everything: black highlights, silver highlights, UNSC logos.

then i will start on the electricals. so far i have spent about 70 hours all up on this costume build, and i think it's looking good :) here are some photo's

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

thanks for all your encouraging responses they keep my motivation up :D

Fraser.

you can see that the chest piece is hanging by a thread, when the shoulder straps are in place this problem will be fixed :]

That pool table should have been used much more extensively in your photoshoot. :p
An ODST playing pool :p

Good job, everything looks pretty sweet.

hey everyone, THE ASSEMBLY IS COMPLETE!!!! WOOOOOOOOP!!!!! CHECK OUT THE PICTURES, i still have to paint on little things (Buck on chest plate) i'm having trouble painting the buck on the chest plate, i tried making a stencil out of paper with an exacto knife, however I cannot cut the stencil out (it's near impossible to get a clean cut without the Paper tearing in other directions), help? i need to attach the knife onto the chest plate. Anyway pictures:

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

thanks for all your support :) i think i clocked up 70 hours build time and about $2000 spent.

Fraser.

I'd like to say a massive thanks to Sean Bradley! This kit was a challenging to put together, however it made me realize that I can make my dreams come true if I put my mind to it :) Cheers Sean, from down under!

Fraser.

Stencils? Get a lamanating pouch and run it through the laminator empty, cut your stencil in that. If you dont have access to one or cant get access to one look in a stationers for acetate sheets used with overhead projectors.

First off, great outfit man. It looks fantastic. The lights in the compack is a nice touch. Everything looks like it fits you well, too.

For the stencil, are you using regular paper or cardstock? Maybe try the thicker cardstock if you haven't already. Or even try box cardboard or foam as the stencil... basically, something that's got some more strength to it than your run-of-the-mill letter paper.

bad news.

about two months ago i ordered a Halo Reach assault rifle prop from eBay (US) i was waiting for a month for it to come in the mail. after the month had passed i received a letter in the mail from customs saying that they had seized my "Imitation Rifle". a waste of $400 dollars! is it just me or is life becoming more and more controlled by laws, yes i get that they are just trying to protect Australia, however it has reached the point where my mum says "get off the Xbox and go outside and play". she say's things like: "in my day my friends and i used to go down to the creek and sit there and talk". well mum, now there is a massive fence around that creek saying "trespassers will be charged!" WTF!!!!!!! i want to have some fun in my life without people putting padding on everything that i touch. Victorian (Australian) laws are starting to really piss me off. soon they will be saying that i cannot help an elderly lady cross the street because i could pull a knife... well you get what i mean, anyway here are the first two pages of 7 of my lovely letter from customs:

2011-12-04141601.jpg

2011-12-02192253.jpg

Fraser.

It's not just you mate... I've had it with Australia, it's an under developed heap of floating trash with too many restrictions.

Banning airsoft also, "blah blah, they can be modded into real weapons", yeah ok, just use 6mm rounds in it and replace the plastic tube and.. and.... build a gun from scratch?

Who could honestly look at a halo rifle and possibly believe it was a live fire-arm...
Maybe a dumb-*** security guard who got his liscence to police at bingo night, but not even with a orange cap are they allowed???

But in the end it boils down to the mentality of the people who are legally armed as to your safety when carrying a TOY GUN.

Did your replica have an orange cap on the end of it?
It's quite possible it didn't and that's why they have siezed it.

You should definitely try to claim it. I doubt they know its made from paper and resin. The big worry would be that you could mod it to a real weapon.. I think.

But from that letter... either pay for a permit or court or whatever you need to do... or they are going to bill you for services when they destroy it. Who knows how much that will cost you!

Find out what you need to do to get your hand made prop... its not even a toy really, its more like a piece of art. And go get it! Or, let them know how much it cost you and see if you can ship it back... then try to get you 400$ back. But you might have some trouble there depending on who you bought it from.

You have options, but you need to act fast!

Tell them youll paint the tip orange right in front of them if you need to.

Wow, you can't even import a FAKE gun?! That's crazy!
As far as the armor, looking good. This realy looks like a huge time-saver over making one from scratch. Where did you get the kit?

Worth trying to claim it is a prop/toy/game replica rather than an imitation rifle. Check out the definition of both imitation and rifle because you may find that it is not an imitation (copy) of a rifle (fire arm).

im·i·ta·tion   [im-i-tey-shuhn] Show IPA
noun
1.a result or product of imitating.
2.the act of imitating.
3.a counterfeit; copy.
4.a literary composition that imitates the manner or subject of another author or work.
5.Biology . mimicry.

ri·fle [rahy-fuhl] Show IPA noun, verb, -fled, -fling.
noun
1.a shoulder firearm with spiral grooves cut in the inner surface of the gun barrel to give the bullet a rotatory motion and thus a more precise trajectory.
2.one of the grooves.
3.a cannon with such grooves.
4.( often initial capital letter ) rifles, any of certain military units or bodies equipped with rifles.

Find out about the cost of appeal and compensation if you lose or win before you decide to claim. The worlds a mad place and the lawis an ass.

Worth trying to claim it is a prop/toy/game replica rather than an imitation rifle. Check out the definition of both imitation and rifle because you may find that it is not an imitation (copy) of a rifle (fire arm).

im·i·ta·tion   [im-i-tey-shuhn] Show IPA
noun
1.a result or product of imitating.
2.the act of imitating.
3.a counterfeit; copy.
4.a literary composition that imitates the manner or subject of another author or work.
5.Biology . mimicry.

ri·fle [rahy-fuhl] Show IPA noun, verb, -fled, -fling.
noun
1.a shoulder firearm with spiral grooves cut in the inner surface of the gun barrel to give the bullet a rotatory motion and thus a more precise trajectory.
2.one of the grooves.
3.a cannon with such grooves.
4.( often initial capital letter ) rifles, any of certain military units or bodies equipped with rifles.

Find out about the cost of appeal and compensation if you lose or win before you decide to claim. The worlds a mad place and the lawis an ass.

Hey everyone, i've decided that if i have a good case and there is a chance that i can win my prop back i will go to court. i'm 16 and i don't really know what to do so any help would be much appreciated. I will post the rest of the letter for you all to read, and i hope that you can help me win what is rightfully mine. i think that what active84u said is true. a counterfeit copy (imitation), and: shoulder firearm with spiral grooves cut in the inner surface of the gun barrel to give the bullet a rotatory motion and thus a more precise trajectory. (Rifle) definitely do not match my prop at all. if what the letter says is true, it means that my prop would be a counterfeit rifle, or exact copy. i may be completly wrong, but i need all of your help. if i lose the case i have to pay. so i beg of you, please help me!

Here are the photo's:

2011-12-04141642.jpg

2011-12-04130631.jpg

2011-12-04130658.jpg

2011-12-04130717.jpg

Fraser.

Legally I can't help you. But I did notice an address which I assume is yours. If it is you should pull the picture and edit the address out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back