Sean Bradley ODST kit build

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's cool to see a Buck costume, a lot of ODST end up customized, much like mine. I like the idea of the LEDs in the com unit, I was debating doing it for mine, but I want to finish armor before I detail.

Your SMG and pistol look really awesome btw, its rare to see someone put a flashlight in the pistol.

hey are you able to send me a kit for under like $100 for me im only 12 and it looks awesome i live in adelaide

Contact Sean Bradley, he sells the kits, not me. It will cost more than $100, as I said, my finished total was $2000.

If you don't want to spend that sort of money, use pepakura, it's harder than a kit but more customizable.

Thanks, Fraser.

woohoo! I'm glad you got your prop! for a while there, it looked like your money and your prop were goin down the drain. your Armor is a fantastic job! keep it up!

i finally painted the rifle instead of just a plain silver, let me know what you think. Oh and i have also had a guy wanting to buy it for $800, but i am going to get some use out of it first:

2012-03-28164348.jpg

2012-03-28164333.jpg

2012-03-28164320.jpg

2012-03-28164308.jpg

lol, what arses australian customs and laws can be. it was a joke when i went and got my samurai sword. the seller was all like "you need to do this, this, this and this to obtain a license to keep it, plus fill out a few more forms and pay a hefty license fee each year. or you can just join an RSL club for $10 annually." needless to say i took the cheaper option, plus i get a $20 meal voucher for my birthday each year and 10% off drinks. thanks for offering nothing federal laws...

anyway, i'm glad you got the gun, i was thinking of buying the exact same one, but seeing what you went through buying an unassembled kit i think i'll just build my own. the suit looks aces, came together real nice, i can't believe that i'm only just seeing it for the first time today. i would have loved to have followed the progress. congrats on the gun, and well done with the finish with the suit, it looks fantastic :D ...

lol, what arses australian customs and laws can be. it was a joke when i went and got my samurai sword. the seller was all like "you need to do this, this, this and this to obtain a license to keep it, plus fill out a few more forms and pay a hefty license fee each year. or you can just join an RSL club for $10 annually." needless to say i took the cheaper option, plus i get a $20 meal voucher for my birthday each year and 10% off drinks. thanks for offering nothing federal laws...

anyway, i'm glad you got the gun, i was thinking of buying the exact same one, but seeing what you went through buying an unassembled kit i think i'll just build my own. the suit looks aces, came together real nice, i can't believe that i'm only just seeing it for the first time today. i would have loved to have followed the progress. congrats on the gun, and well done with the finish with the suit, it looks fantastic :D ...

Thanks mate, i appreciate the complements :) I understand that you would want to avoid what i went through, but honestly, it was worth it.

costume paint job still needs work... you may have noticed the thigh, gauntlets, shoulder, and other parts of the armour are not painted properly, i will be fixing that, and will keep you all posted with photos.

Oh and sorry i have been away for a couple of months without costume work, i have been restoring a motorbike (A honda CT90)

From this:
194641_10150490916593443_537698442_8774036_929199172_o.jpg

To this:
2012-04-04165234.jpg

I seriously don't see how they can confiscate some chunks of resin shaped like a fictional firearm, and possibly believe that it is a firearm or an imitation of a firearm. The airsoft thing where they thought it could be turned into a real gun also annoyed me. (That actually happens here in the U.S. alot) If they did that to me I would seriously fill up the old Jetta with Tannerite, park it at their stupid office and blast it.

Because in the U.S. we can buy real guns, and Tannerite. An explosive that explodes when you shoot it.

Yet in your country you couldn't even get a toy laser if it was only a friggen kit made of resin that you can see through!

How did they even find it!? Its not like resin set off a metal detector, do they just open all of your mail?!

I mean seriously, whats the waiting period for a pointy stick in your country?!

I seriously don't see how they can confiscate some chunks of resin shaped like a fictional firearm, and possibly believe that it is a firearm or an imitation of a firearm. The airsoft thing where they thought it could be turned into a real gun also annoyed me. (That actually happens here in the U.S. alot) If they did that to me I would seriously fill up the old Jetta with Tannerite, park it at their stupid office and blast it.

Because in the U.S. we can buy real guns, and Tannerite. An explosive that explodes when you shoot it.

Yet in your country you couldn't even get a toy laser if it was only a friggen kit made of resin that you can see through!

How did they even find it!? Its not like resin set off a metal detector, do they just open all of your mail?!

I mean seriously, whats the waiting period for a pointy stick in your country?!

It sucks mate, an over governed country alright! I'm worried that I will be at a convention and some idiot will think I'm from north Korea and call the cops. You think importing a kit is bad, you cannot import balisong (butterfly knife) combs or trainers! Customs reason is: you can put a blade in it, If someone was going to rob a bank, why not just grab a real knife?

I actually never looked to see if butterlfy knifes are illegal here. If they are, then thats a law I am happy to break.

Like any law that says "you cant have this, because it's scary for people who don't know that much about it!"

(dont even get me started on 922r, or the upcoming semi-auto assault rifle ban.)

Anyway, what did you use as the base for the chest, is that a basic MOLLE, vest? I have never thought of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back