Sean Bradley ODST kit build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this a kit or a single peice and which MA is it?

The linked .pdf gives some helpful information and I still think you may have a case. It would be worth a chat to a lawyer or solicitor dealing with this kind of issue. Get some pictures of what you ordered in exactly the condition/state it was despatched to show them. You might even get a free initial meeting/conversation with them?

Your going to have issues with your smg and pistol too if I read the pdf correctly?

I wish I could be more helpful, but I know nothing of Aussi law at all. Seek out any countrymen here and send them a pm to see if they can shine a little light on this for you.

Hope this is sortable for you. Must be SO frustrating :(

I found out is that i will not legally be allowed any of my weapon props in public (i love how the reason for not allowing them into the country is because "it can alarm the public"... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! that's your reason?). but this means that i cannot go to events and expos with the weapons... i will be a lost ODST... AUSTRALIA SUCKS! I WANT TO LIVE IN ALASKA! Wait, that means i would have to fly belongings over there and go through customs, and hand over my suit, weapon props, and any other things that i will have made since then. WFT.

and yes acvtive84u it was sent in pieces, unpainted, as a kit. so even if it had a red tip, the same thing would happen. I really appreciate all your help :]

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Halo-Rea...aultDomain_0&hash=item3a6b885a89#ht_500wt_951

that is the link to what i bought, it comes unpainted and cut in half, with other pieces that need to be glued.

thanks for all your support, this afternoon i will be getting legal advice from a lawer

and i have been sending messages to the seller about sending me photo's and information, however i have had no reply.

Your costume looks wonderful, very impressive work there Fraser. I am sorry to hear about that rifle that you bought though...that's just..over the top. Kinda fucked up.

So your saying even if you did manage to get it back, you wouldn't be able to go anywhere with it? That's awful. I wonder what they would do if you purchased a Covenant weapon. Probably think you were a terrorist or something.

Even the UK police have advised me not to appear in public carrying my MA37 because it may cause public alarm.
Bottom line is some fool rings for the police, reporting a person with a rifle and they have to send an armed response unit.
Even if they turn up and take it well as id be in costume, its still a waste of their time and causes a danger to the public as they speed to my location armed with real guns complete with live ammo.

I have asked a few big costuming groups about prop weapons at 'troops' and appearences. The main consensus seems to be that in a group of costumers at an organised event I will be ok. Best make sure its covered up to and from said events then.

Like I said, the law is an :(

just got off the phone to customs, i do not have a choice of sending the items back to who i purchased them, it's either court or i do nothing and i lose $400.

looks like i'm going to court.

Fraser

Hey everyone, I just got back from a really nice local lawer, he explained the whole letter in detail as well as all my options. He talked to me for a good hour and did not charge me for anything! I was stoked.

So he said that an option that I missed out on was: that I could see the police, tell them my story, if they said ok, then, I could get it.

The seller I bought the prop off was really nice and sent me photos and information.

What I learnt was that the main body is just cut equally in half, they are see-through and bright yellow (fibreglass colour).

So I think i should be ok, if I act fast.

Thanks for all your support everyone :)

Fraser.

Thats nice to know fella. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Might be worth asking the Austrailian 501st http://501tag.com/ about how they deal with it. They might be able to give some good advice if they troop/have members in Victoria.

Other local cosplayer sites/forums might be a help too?

hey everyone, this will be the last update before my case of the Assault rifle comes to a close.

it has come down to a meeting tomorrow with the head of firearms in Victoria in Melbourne (Australia), before this i would like to thank everyone again for their support. Especially active84u, Dude you have been a great help, and if there is anything you need in the future just send me a PM. without any of this motivation i would not have had the strength to follow this though.

so wish me luck for tomorrow, and i will have a final update then.

Fraser.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

i got the B709A Form, AR your in good hands now!!! i got the all clear from police! the man that i spoke to was really friendly, he filled in the form on the spot!

i'm going to Bali for a week, so, i will be picking up the AR when i come back.

The man said at the stage it was in, it was not classified as an imitation firearm (Stupid customs), he said however that as soon i put black paint, or any colour paint that will make it look like a real firearm, that it will be classified as an imitation firearm. So it looks like i will be doing a fluro orange Assault Rifle :]

Thanks for all your support, and remember if you persist with something, be nice, you will get what you want.

Fraser.

Really cool news young man. Very pleased for you.

Shame about the colour scheme but better than confiscated. If you want to go to a convention/cosplay event with it painted the correct colours, I would still suggest getting in touch with the Aus 501st for a bit of advice.

Well done you! Enjoy Bali :)

a Gold AR... EPIC

It would look like the assault rifle that came with the gold plated Master Chief figure you could get with enough points. How I wish they kept that point system going, now those figures go for around a few hundred. If you could give it that sleek shiny pure gold look then go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back