Spaceg0st's Carter Build PIC HEAVY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how I missed it, but this is a very good build. Nice job on the foam armor. I tried it once, but failed. Also, great work on the helm. Looks legit. Keep building!

Tony

I'm going to say, yea, I agree that this should be in the Elite Showcase forum. It's fantastic and well done.

Great build, man! Lots of attention to detail, and it really pays off! I'm considering doing foam for my armor as well, and seeing a high-quality suit like this come out of foam is encouraging. Keep up the good work!

Update 2/6/12

hey everyone! now that i've taken a little break enjoying some skyrim and bf3, its back to business! I've played a little catch up with a few things i've wanted to add.

First up is padding to my helmet. I've seen the motorcycle padding inserts, but i didn't want to spend the 20-30 bucks to do so, so i used some padding i had and it fits GREAT. Snug and not too hot.
IMG_2103.jpg

Next i wanted to add another layer for the shoulders... i'll paint em black shortly
IMG_2106.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

Also painted the front attachments... will clean up a little for final product

IMG_2108.jpg

And i also am working on a chest/neck insert....not completely sold although i do think it's an improvement. Might just need to tweak a little.

IMG_2101.jpg

And i've started working on my boots... And because i'm only 'almost' 5'11'', i added a couple inches. It actually makes everything feel a little more proportional, considering real spartans are around 7ft tall. But without the lifts, i felt like a short guy in a frumpy costume. I would highly recommend to anyone who isn't at least 6ft tall. Not done with the painting, but getting close

IMG_4570.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

and a couple "current" pix

IMG_20882.jpg

IMG_20942.jpg

That's it for now! Thanks for checkin in and the positive comments!

happy building!

This build is SICK. My friend is also in love with Carter's armor. He will be building a suit, and this is probably his role-model for success! We need this in the elite showcase!

QUESTION! How do you come up with the foam forearms/shoulders? Do you just eyeball it? Or is there a stash of foam templates for every piece that EVERYONE else knows, but I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO FIND?

Keep up the good work!

- Delta

Realy excelent work love it and its in bookmarks now im going to build carter (hope so) curently peped helmet was planing on peping rest but this foam build of yours is amazing thing im going to foam build it also. Keep up the good work.

Wow that is impressive work! It almost looks straight from the game! I have to agree with every one here, this is Elite status I think.

This build is SICK. My friend is also in love with Carter's armor. He will be building a suit, and this is probably his role-model for success! We need this in the elite showcase!

QUESTION! How do you come up with the foam forearms/shoulders? Do you just eyeball it? Or is there a stash of foam templates for every piece that EVERYONE else knows, but I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO FIND?

Keep up the good work!

- Delta

I downloaded the PEP files from the main page (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/24086-*The-Official*-Halo-Reach-Pepakura-Files-Thread)
and took a look.... but honestly, i mainly just eyeballed the forearms and shoulders. Both shoulders took a couple tries to get it right. And the forearms felt close enough, i didn't feel the need to replicate EXACTLY... and it added a little personal touch. (iphone holder included) The best part about foam is, its pretty cheap which allows you to experiment guilt free, and also, its easy to start small and build up. Meaning, do the basic form, then take a thinner foam and add on to it, which adds bulkness and detail. Good luck, and let me know if you have any more questions.

Wow that is impressive work! It almost looks straight from the game! I have to agree with every one here, this is Elite status I think.

Thanks! I'm trying to get it as close as possible to video game form! =D

One of the best costume's I've seen so far, and definitely one of the best Carter suits. Keep up the excellent work, looking forward to seeing the end result! :cool

So today, I attached the front pieces, painted the little black symbol, AND applied leather to the under shoulder.

46a756a1.jpg

bffe85e5.jpg

06b2d6c8.jpg

993b8a46.jpg

So... Coming along. :)

Your work is amazing, man! Every detail counts :). I like how you added leather... it makes it so much more real.
Keep up the AMAZING work!

- Delta

Just wanted to say that your build is amazing! Also, I dont know if im too late or not, but i totally have foam templates for almost all the base armor in my File Database. The only base piece im missing still but am working on is the cod. Keep up the great work!!!

Just wanted to say that your build is amazing! Also, I dont know if im too late or not, but i totally have foam templates for almost all the base armor in my File Database. The only base piece im missing still but am working on is the cod. Keep up the great work!!!

Fantastic! I didn't realize you had so many foam files. The plethora of information available is overwhelming and impossible to cover completely. Will definitely use your files again for my boots! You're work is amazing. Thanks man.

And thanks everyone for the positive feedback!

i tweaked my bicep pieces to cover a little more arm... i think at SOME point, i might redo, but i'm happy with em at the moment. If i dont stop tweaking old things, i'll never progress on the other stuff. ;) I did quick video so i could see overall proportions.

th_6388df6a.jpg

Looking really nice. I can't wait to get my main suit underway after seeing builds like this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back