Spaceg0st's Carter Build PIC HEAVY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so you know, I am working on my set of Carter armor and I am TOTALLY stealing your method for the neck collar area!!!

thanks! even though i wasn't the first.... but here's my version of the collar area. I cut it down some since the initial picture of it. I didn't want it to stand out so much. The neck part is closer to an INCH high now, and i'm much happier with it. I think i'll probably add some thin foam layers to give it a little more "something".

but here are some pics for reference. I used the (i wanna say 1/4 inch foam) sheet for the main parts, and then cut and wrapped it with the thinnest (flexible) foam ... followed by plastidip spray and paint. BTW... i have a strip of thin velcro behind the back to keep it snug. And the black cloth part is just ear warmers at the fabric store, for like $2.50... found in a side basket.

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I've been kicking around different ideas of how I want to tackle that particular area.

-Matt

Thanks for sharing. I've been kicking around different ideas of how I want to tackle that particular area.

-Matt
I totally missed when you posted the finished pics. It looks amazing! That's one impressive Carter you've got there.:D

I see you also have a PS3?Its great when you dont have to listen to stupid fanboys since you have both systems isnt it? :)

OKay, so i've started working on a few things starting with.... BICEPS. The first set i did was mainly scratch built, but courtesy of L3X's Foam Files, I've rebuilt my biceps to be more 'game form'. I've plasti-dipped them, and now just waiting to pick up some masking tape to finish the paint job.

here's a pic of the comparison shot
d87ebe6d.jpg

And i'm still planning on extending the height of the top portion of my forearms to cover the arm a little more (i've already cut em up so no turning back now) , also add some detailing layers onto my collar attachment, increase the knee surface area to fill in some unwanted open space... and last, ATTEMPT to create some sort of ab undersuit.

I remember following this thread from the beginning and then seeing the finished suit and loving it. Now that you're upgrading parts I'll have to keep watching!

UPDATE ... So i've finished rebuilding my biceps (made them a little bigger and true to game form), extended my forearms, and tweaked my under-chest-piece armor. Here's some pictures and a video...

44525938-89E4-438A-AFD9-B31A9D5EFD97-5086-0000041B23148AE1.jpg

and for my collar portion... i already had a foam template but thought it was lacking... so i had a left over 8x10 sheet of black leather ($8 at michael's), i glued it around the collar to add texture, then i cut thin pieces of the thinnest foam.
B800D08A-FD8F-4DA8-A24C-FDA8F0A0828C-5086-0000041BDBD2B62D.jpg

EBFC479D-1CFA-489B-AA75-5D735C5B427C-5086-0000041BEE68FC53.jpg

and I remade my biceps... this is a comparison of my old(modified for my son) and my new. I had some grey end pieces on the old one that extended it, but it was scratch built, so i wanted to be more true to game- form.
08C71FA2-BA68-42FD-871A-1C86B1020735-5086-0000041C2151E428.jpg

FA8A9E36-D01B-4B91-957B-A0E718106C7E-5086-0000041C60ABFC69.jpg

and my cod piece and pack.. i glued some straps on top of some foam to highlight the straps a little. The picture angle makes them look un-even, but they're even. These suits never translate well to photo.
04617592-E533-4689-AF9A-41D56B1180EF-5086-0000041C2CA7C4AB.jpg

and my boots, slightly altered to be able to walk better. (altered main cross foam and cut into side of boot in order to glue closer to shoe, instead of sticking out so far.)
7F171141-9861-481D-AB86-8BE7FA761310-5086-0000041C3A70772A.jpg

and in VIDEO form... click HERE

th_473DC088-CF87-4E7A-B49C-96C4297C8717-5086-0000041B5C61B355.jpg

updtaeded.jpg

sideshot2.jpg

btw... i AM aware i had my shins switched. The shin with the stripe should be on the right side. :)

Another inspiring thread! I hope my suit looks at least half as good as yours does! Keep up the awesome work and I can't wait for more updates!

Nice! So I had been having problems trying to figure out how to close up the gap around my neck on the torso, but not anymore! I'm stealing your collar idea :)

LOOKS GREAT SIR!!!!!!!!!! The collar area looks fantastic!!! Gonna be modding mine to fit good like yours.

Wow... just wow... with a liberal helping of "Frak Me!" That looks amazing. I can't believe it is EVA foam, for crying out loud!!! I love the idea with the collar, there.

Holy cow! This build just keeps getting better and better! Now i must resist the urge to go out and buy some eva foam and build a carter suit (i will most likely fail). Truely amazing job, Spaceg0st.

btw i am subbed to you on youtube, and i was the first to watch and comment on the new video:)

Thanks everyone! The only thing I really have left to do is possibly an ab piece. An undersuit would be cool, but until I learn to sew, I'll just have to make do. :)

Thanks everyone! The only thing I really have left to do is possibly an ab piece. An undersuit would be cool, but until I learn to sew, I'll just have to make do. :)

I think L3X has an abs wrap foam template file, so I guess that's one less part of an under suit you would have to sew.

I think L3X has an abs wrap foam template file, so I guess that's one less part of an under suit you would have to sew.

yea, i've already downloaded it... though i'll probably try and scratch build it first.. doesn't SEEM too complicated.. but we'll see. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back